PDA

View Full Version : free sunglasses=scam?

red_sox32
July 1st, 2007, 18:25
in a car ad i was erlier it has free sunglasses. check out vipereyewear.com to see the company. it says i can get 230$ glasses for 19 beacuse i only pay shipping. if i send a check i cant get sammed right? like, if i send them the check and they cash it but i never get the sunglasses i could just sue them, so i have nothing to loose by sending the check to see if i get the glasses. and input with this ad liek has anyone tried it?

Man
July 1st, 2007, 18:30
From what you say, it probably isnt a scam, they just make money off the shipping/ handling, although, not alot of things in life are free, so wach out for other hidden fees.

red_sox32
July 1st, 2007, 18:37
ive gotten free stuff from things liek this before, but i dont really think its a scam but wanna know if anyone on here has done this before with this particular one. i also made sure to re read all everything and there are no fee's or anything like that

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 20:14
ive gotten free stuff from things liek this before, but i dont really think its a scam but wanna know if anyone on here has done this before with this particular one. i also made sure to re read all everything and there are no fee's or anything like that

It shouldn't be a scam, you can always pay for something via PayPal (if the option is there) and you can make a dispute against someone which they pay back every penny! (I've done so with counterfeit goods and won)

red_sox32
July 1st, 2007, 20:39
ive never used paypal but its not an option, so ill just send a check. and ill be sure to dispute if its counterfit, but companies like this can scam people because they dont stay where they are for very long. like online medical company's will say money back gurantee, but they move like every 3 months so you cant fidn them . i learned aobut it in health :). anyway, im gonan go for it and post back in a week to tell you if it worked or not. if it does i encourage poeple on here to do it cuz there like 230$ sunglasses for 19 bucks.

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 20:43
ive never used paypal but its not an option, so ill just send a check. and ill be sure to dispute if its counterfit, but companies like this can scam people because they dont stay where they are for very long. like online medical company's will say money back gurantee, but they move like every 3 months so you cant fidn them . i learned aobut it in health :). anyway, im gonna go for it and post back in a week to tell you if it worked or not. if it does i encourage poeple on here to do it cuz there like 230$ sunglasses for 19 bucks.

It will take a bit longer than a week (and today is Sunday)

red_sox32
July 1st, 2007, 22:42
It will take a bit longer than a week (and today is Sunday)

i know i just mean when i get it back

VampDude
July 2nd, 2007, 01:05
i know i just mean when i get it back

Ok, let us know if you received your item or not! :D