PDA

View Full Version : The Legend Of Zelda Rise Of Hyrule ##Preview##

splodger15
July 1st, 2007, 22:09
Well here it is after a long wait its partly done :rofl:

This is just a preview of the game so do not expect much to be done it is just to show you the progress so far.

D-Pad move link around his house

Thanks to Xandu on the help on this

########
ToDo #
########

Story Implemented

Better animation

Link will be able to move round the villiage into pther houses and places

Fighting Enemy's

Alot more just cant think of it all

Have a good summer and enjoy this little preview to look forward to what is coming

http://i7.tinypic.com/67daj5y.png

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

buildit92
July 1st, 2007, 22:30
this is cool. hope to see it as a real game. good luck.

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 22:50
good luck and it looks good, a bit tidier than some lua coded games oh and buildit you spell obey with an 'e'

Vibestar
July 1st, 2007, 22:53
wow do you have a storyline??? I have some nice logo's

l33t_haxz0r
July 1st, 2007, 23:18
Yeah.. whenever you press square, triangle, or start it crashes, besides that its nice. Lol

Buddy4point0
July 1st, 2007, 23:24
so does it do anything but walk around the house?

burrito
July 1st, 2007, 23:41
oh and buildit you spell obey with an 'e'
Many people have told him this. He is just too lazy to fix it... :cool:

wolfpack
July 2nd, 2007, 01:37
guys this is just a "preview" so dont get your hopes up much at first, until theres some playability done and extra stuff and when its not a "preview" then you can judge it :p

maxipower90
July 2nd, 2007, 04:28

nope; hmm why did he use old sprites the minish cap looks newer

pt9087
July 2nd, 2007, 04:34
Lol nice work splodger! haha kool d/led!

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 06:59

This is why it is a preview.

titch.ryan
July 2nd, 2007, 07:55
im annoyed at this!

ok great work this may turn out to be something good but i wish people would stop releasing pointless demos where it just shows some nice animation and movement or whatever.

Justise
July 2nd, 2007, 10:41
You could improve the quality of the sprites, but it's still ok!
In the last demo you used the newer model of Link that appeared in GBA! It looked kinda better...

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 17:54
im annoyed at this!

ok great work this may turn out to be something good but i wish people would stop releasing pointless demos where it just shows some nice animation and movement or whatever.

**** off

Lets see your better improved version of it also it is a ****ing alot better then balloon Pop Challenge please keep your ****ing comments to your self go on report me I dont give a **** you didn't see my gunning ballon pop challenge when it was released.

Well then....

Tetris999
July 2nd, 2007, 18:51
ok looks cool looks cool awsome awsome

NOOOOOOOOOOO

i hate the gbc zelda sprites so much! :p other than that cool

carlitx
July 2nd, 2007, 19:12
looks good man, i cant wait for the full game keep up the good work man.

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 19:12
Tetris
Yeh couldn't find any others around

Safari Al
July 2nd, 2007, 19:33
titch.ryan
shut up. He just wanted to show other people how it would look and what the gameplay would be like.

splodger15
Looks just like i thought it would, great! If you need any help doing sprites i could help i've been working on a mini mario mod and found making sprites to be quite easy and fun.

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 20:07
splodger15 & np354: titch.ryan said nothing wrong nor insulting in his opinion about the release. If you can't handle critique, then don't release ESPECIALLY if you know it isn't fit for release. Wait until it is in a state that is fit for release and THEN release it.

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 20:29
Yeh but he is still the type of person that will complain when the full game is released

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 20:34
Yeh but he is still the type of person that will complain when the full game is released
Have you checked his post history? It doesn't match with what you said above. You can yell at him when the full game is released and he makes comments like that but NOT when he makes a fair judgment on the game in the current state you released it in.

I mean, he evens says:

ok great work

What more do you want?

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 20:45
Have you checked his post history? It doesn't match with what you said above. You can yell at him when the full game is released and he makes comments like that but NOT when he makes a fair judgment on the game in the current state you released it in.

I mean, he evens says:

ok great work

What more do you want?

Ever heard of sarcasm

Better yet why should he even bother to post in the thread when he is just going to moan at you don't see me going around moaning at people releases if this guy moans about lets see him do better.

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 20:52
You are on the Internet, it is next to fecking impossible to detect sarcasm.

You are on the Internet posting on an open forum. Just because you don't want to give your opinion doesn't mean someone else can't.

Edit: Seriously, if you cant take one negative comment from a release then you are on a rocky road as a developer. It is something you have to learn to take in your stride and even ignore. Here is an example from a game I worked on:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix?q=order%20of%20 the%20phoenix

I deal with it by knowing that some of them are not our target audience and look on what to improve on for the next game.

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 20:58
ok great work <------ Your telling me this isn't sarcasm

Look this probaly wont settle down into a agreement lets just drop it here.

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 21:00
I can't tell, some people actually write like that and mean it. Some people don't.

Safari Al
July 2nd, 2007, 21:13
whatever the case demos are released to show what the gameplay will be like and gfx etc he could've accepted that.

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 21:17
whatever the case demos are released to show what the gameplay will be like and gfx etc.
And as such, users can comment on what the demo is like. In this case, one person didn't like and made a negative but true comment.

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 21:26
Yeh but most comments can be kept to them selves I come one here sometimes and would like to rip open and say what the hell I want but I dont but in titch.ryan's case I am going tell him staright on his next game release which would probaly be something really negative with abusive language but does that bother me no not really.

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 21:55
Yeh but most comments can be kept to them selves I come one here sometimes and would like to rip open and say what the hell I want but I dont but in titch.ryan's case I am going tell him staright on his next game release which would probaly be something really negative with abusive language but does that bother me no not really.
If you purposely troll a thread in that manner that you have just described above, I will suspend you and request staff will remove your newsposting rights. You have been warned.

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 22:00
I will just post elsewhere :p he moans at me wait until his next release

yaustar
July 2nd, 2007, 22:03
As a Lua coder, you should have rights to post in the news forum directly about your releases.

splodger15
July 2nd, 2007, 22:07
Dont think so never tryed it

quzar
July 2nd, 2007, 22:22
Stealing sprites is bad mmkay?

But yea, you really shouldn't resort to stealing sprites to make a game. If you don't have any artwork, draw in little stick figures, and when you have a real game, you'll have artists queueing up to give you sprites.

Kakkaman
July 2nd, 2007, 22:27
WoW!
Finally a Zelda game for PSP!
Hope its good when its finished

RDToT
July 3rd, 2007, 00:24
cool man keep it up

Exophase
July 3rd, 2007, 04:46
WoW!
Finally a Zelda game for PSP!
Hope its good when its finished

Okay sorry but are you doing that intentionally? Because anyone who would purposefully spell "Wow!" as "WoW!" is a giant dork.

On topic: if you start working on a game and don't have much done, and it's basically just a showcase of stolen graphics anyway, then you're going to get shot down by SOMEONE. Let's face it, releasing demos like this isn't a way of getting useful feedback that will really benefit the development process, but is more a way of getting positive attention and respect, isn't it? The abrasive response to criticism kinda proves this..

BlueCrab
July 3rd, 2007, 16:53
Stealing sprites is bad mmkay?

But yea, you really shouldn't resort to stealing sprites to make a game. If you don't have any artwork, draw in little stick figures, and when you have a real game, you'll have artists queueing up to give you sprites.

Ah, reminds me of my projects. ;)

But yeah, stealing sprites is bad, and illegal. I wouldn't do it, especially considering how much these game companies like to crack down on games that violate their intellectual property.

-Xandu-
July 3rd, 2007, 18:02
Here is an example from a game I worked on:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix?q=order%20of%20 the%20phoenix

I deal with it by knowing that some of them are not our target audience and look on what to improve on for the next game.

You work at EA? :eek:

parkermauney
July 3rd, 2007, 18:10
Holy Crap! Do you has an sdk, Yaustar?

mcdougall57
July 4th, 2007, 02:16
i also love the gbc sprites because links awakening is one of my favorite games of all time its even on my psp

yaustar
July 4th, 2007, 10:43
-Xandu-: yes.
parkermauney: I have access to several.

splodger15
July 5th, 2007, 07:01
what games do you have them to

yaustar
July 5th, 2007, 10:29
what games do you have them to
Pardon?

dark heart
July 7th, 2007, 02:08
looks pretty 2d...:D

splodger15
July 7th, 2007, 17:52
what sdk's do you have sorry other bit came out a bit wrong

Briggzy11
July 9th, 2007, 03:33
Another Zelda homebrew game lol when Zion was working on his, I even told him that theres too many Zelda homebrew games now another one...

...Splodger15 I would like you to take my advice.

You are a very talented coder and I am sure you know that hense why you would release something. Make something original, something with new characters never before seen and a story nobody has ever heard of before. Make it unique to you.

Take care and good work nethertheless.

parkermauney
July 9th, 2007, 07:02
Yeah, maybe link can train pokemon!
Then later, zelda can be abducted by bowser!

/lol

yaustar
July 9th, 2007, 10:48
what sdk's do you have sorry other bit came out a bit wrong
All home platforms that Harry Potter: OOTP was released on.

splodger15
February 21st, 2010, 12:30
Long shot but does anyone still have this laying around on there comps at all.