PDA

View Full Version : Lemmings DS v7.03 Full - The Ultimate Lemmings Collection

wraggster
July 2nd, 2007, 17:11
MrD (http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/) has released a new version of Lemmings for the DS and it features a heck of a lot of levels of Lemmings for those who are fans and best of all its all for free because its a homebrew release:

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/100b1552c.jpg

Heres the release details:

features:

All 120 levels from the original Amiga Lemmings
All 100 levels from Oh-No! More Lemmings and now…

All 72 levels from Xmas Lemmings ‘91, ‘92, ‘93 and ‘94!
That’s Fun, Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem, Tame, Crazy, Wild, Wicked, Havoc, Xmas 1991, Xmas 1992, Frost, Hail, Flurry and Blizzard!

Other features include:

DLDI support - You can enjoy all of the features of Lemmings DS on any of the devices listed on this page (even the R4!) after following a simple patching process.
Automatic progress saving - Lemmings DS automatically keeps track of what levels you have completed! (No more annoying passwords!)
Make your own levels and traps using the included level editing tools, and share them with others online.
Did we mention it’s completely free? - Download and play Lemmings DS today!
These new levels are due to the hard work and patience of DragonsLover, Mindless, WNivek and all of the talented toolsmiths of the Lemmings Forums.
You can keep your level progress from older versions by copying over the progress.txt files from the Lemming DS you already have.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

funem
July 2nd, 2007, 17:42
Nice one, thanks for the update. You can never have enough Lemmings.

sci-fisteve
July 2nd, 2007, 19:16
I don't even have a DS lite yet but this is making me think I really should get a black one..but will someone port the orginal cdv blitzkreig series to the DS Please I've wanted it to appear ever since I heard about the DS.

RV2006
July 2nd, 2007, 19:37
This is great!
I reccomend this to everyone!

KuLeD00d
July 2nd, 2007, 20:02
Whats different from this version than the old version? Is it just more levels? I'm not whining but I have had troubles with hitbox detection of the lemming, even while zoomed in.

So I would like to know if things have been fixed like hitbox detection or what.

Echo1
July 2nd, 2007, 20:25
Nothing's wrong with the "hitbox" it's either you or your DS that is at fault. It works flawlessly for me.

Oh, and a BIG thanks to the guys who've made this possible on the DS.:)

KuLeD00d
July 2nd, 2007, 22:06
Nothing's wrong with the "hitbox" it's either you or your DS that is at fault. It works flawlessly for me.

Oh, and a BIG thanks to the guys who've made this possible on the DS.:)

Of course because my hand is totally defective.
No

My DS is defective? Sure, its only a month old.

Less insultive please, kthx. I said I have had troubles with the hitbox sometimes it does not register and can take up to several taps for it to register (I work around this by using the pause feature and only using fast-forward when I want things to happen)

So the question to you would be;

1 - NDS or NDSL
2 - What Cartridge are you

You have to remember not everyone has the same model and same cart. These things CAN take affect to how the game plays.

Also apart from that fact you never answered the question anyway you mocked me for what I said I had experienced. I asked;

"What has been added in the new verison" as there is no changelog or anything. so, next time, make a useful comment or don't post at all. kthxbai

Da_ALC
July 2nd, 2007, 23:17
I have to agree with echo, koold00d, your a jerk and way to far up yer own butt, because; the lemmings readme has clear instructions of how to change the radius on the pointer, increasing from the default of 1 to 2 is all ull ever need, AND, everything you stated was a load of cow poo.

I await your next string of words.

As for Mr.D and friends, mint!

Dunno if ud be interested, but there is a game, Liero, its an original Worms rip-off but realtime battle. Im pretty sure all the source is available as its homebrew, Liero Liero Liero! <nudge> Liero!

Echo1
July 3rd, 2007, 02:24
Of course because my hand is totally defective.
No

My DS is defective? Sure, its only a month old.

Less insultive please, kthx. I said I have had troubles with the hitbox sometimes it does not register and can take up to several taps for it to register (I work around this by using the pause feature and only using fast-forward when I want things to happen)

So the question to you would be;

1 - NDS or NDSL
2 - What Cartridge are you

You have to remember not everyone has the same model and same cart. These things CAN take affect to how the game plays.

Also apart from that fact you never answered the question anyway you mocked me for what I said I had experienced. I asked;

"What has been added in the new verison" as there is no changelog or anything. so, next time, make a useful comment or don't post at all. kthxbai

I didn't insult you. Why would I? I merely stated that as I have no problems with the default settings for the "hitbox" then it must be a problem your end.

Please, read properly next time you accuse someone of insulting you.:)

KuLeD00d
July 3rd, 2007, 06:48
I didn't insult you. Why would I? I merely stated that as I have no problems with the default settings for the "hitbox" then it must be a problem your end.

Please, read properly next time you accuse someone of insulting you.:)

That seems insulting to me or it could have just been unintentional and you do not see it? Either way you still haven't answered the, now, 3 questions posed.

#1 - Whats new in this version, just more levels?
#2 - What are you; NDS or NDSL ?
#3 - What cartridge are you?

You're purposely avoiding trying to help me and just taking up topic space so as I said before, if you can't come up with a decent helpful post, DON'T post at all.

As for the other users, I've been playing this for a while and I have found that the hitbox detection is improved.

I have to agree with echo, koold00d, your a jerk and way to far up yer own butt, because; the lemmings readme has clear instructions of how to change the radius on the pointer, increasing from the default of 1 to 2 is all ull ever need, AND, everything you stated was a load of cow poo.

I await your next string of words.

As for Mr.D and friends, mint!

Dunno if ud be interested, but there is a game, Liero, its an original Worms rip-off but realtime battle. Im pretty sure all the source is available as its homebrew, Liero Liero Liero! <nudge> Liero!
#1 Learn to spell my display name please, if you meant it as an insult, you need to do better.
#2 The readme? no. the Config file. Yes. It also seems apparent you didn't read what I stated so yeah. Its when its fully zoomed in, ya'know when a single lemming takes up half the screen? how can it be when I press the stylus with a fair amount of force on a massive object that I am going to miss it? You CAN'T unless you have some form of disability such as dyslexia or something! (AND THIS IS NOT AN INSULT TOWARDS THOSE WITH DISABILITIES SO DON'T YOU DARE ASSUME THAT) which I do not have
#3 Everything I said was cowpoo eh? how comes until this was DLDI patched that nobody with M3 simply carts could run this? Hmm. learn how these carts work, stop with the insults, and be productive. kthxBAI

Liter
July 3rd, 2007, 10:45
Whats different from this version than the old version? Is it just more levels? I'm not whining but I have had troubles with hitbox detection of the lemming, even while zoomed in.

So I would like to know if things have been fixed like hitbox detection or what.

First, re-calibrate your stylus (ie fire up your DS with a normal game cartridge in there and go into the options).

If that doesn't help, do as follows:

Open the text file lemmingsds_config

Look at this value:

Cursor Extension Size

And try changing the 1 to a 2 and see if that helps.

KuLeD00d
July 3rd, 2007, 11:25
First, re-calibrate your stylus (ie fire up your DS with a normal game cartridge in there and go into the options).

If that doesn't help, do as follows:

Open the text file lemmingsds_config

Look at this value:

Cursor Extension Size

And try changing the 1 to a 2 and see if that helps.Thanks for the attempt of help. I have already tried checking the stylus calibration and its fine, as for increasing the cursor size, that would cause tiny problems with how I do some of the levels. The hitbox detection seems to have improved vastly in this new version and Its sometimes that I'm now just pressing too soft. So they must have improved it in this build.

Echo1
July 3rd, 2007, 12:39
That seems insulting to me or it could have just been unintentional and you do not see it? Either way you still haven't answered the, now, 3 questions posed.

#1 - Whats new in this version, just more levels?
#2 - What are you; NDS or NDSL ?
#3 - What cartridge are you?

You're purposely avoiding trying to help me and just taking up topic space so as I said before, if you can't come up with a decent helpful post, DON'T post at all.[/b]

As I see no one else complain on any other site, let alone this one about the supposed "hitbox" problem, then, I gather it's your dodgy DS that's the cause - regardless of the card they use.

Oh, and you've an attitude problem - sort it!

Fisher40020
July 3rd, 2007, 20:44
does this work with games n' music?

KuLeD00d
July 3rd, 2007, 21:38
As I see no one else complain on any other site, let alone this one about the supposed "hitbox" problem, then, I gather it's your dodgy DS that's the cause - regardless of the card they use.

Oh, and you've an attitude problem - sort it!
I love how you're still avoiding these questions. So tell you what. We both agree to shut up and just mutually hate each other, If you wanna reply to this, go ahead. but I'm gonna leave this at this. I'm tired of trying to reason with you guys.

For the record, I'm throwing around the same attitude your throwing at me. Anyway, I'm gonna go enjoy this now rather then put up with you.

Echo1
July 3rd, 2007, 22:05
Just cause you've got ya'self a dodgy DS....:p

Okay, I'll play ball. I'm using the R4DS, if that makes any difference, with kernal v1.10. DS-Lite (about a year old) and the new version adds all the Xmas levels.

charpsp20
July 3rd, 2007, 23:49
im confused about the directory setup as when i load the game, it says the file system isnt set up properly.

Echo1
July 3rd, 2007, 23:54
Move the directory and the single file (intact) into the route of your SD card and that should work. DLDI patch if needed.

R4mbo
July 4th, 2007, 12:15
STOP WHINING!
And great Job with the port :D