PDA

View Full Version : It is doing my head in now!!

Wad
July 4th, 2007, 12:17
Story so far.

Got a PSP, updated it to Offical 3.50 by mistake. Got a copy og Luimines, downgraded to 1.5 the upgraded to 3.40OE-A.

If I place PS1 games on the GAME folder., it works like a treat. But whenever I try to run Homebrew, it comes up with the corrupt icon (if you go to info, its says its 32kb).

I have tried placing it in the GAME150 folder and selected to use the 1.5 kernal.

I am using the 1GB Sony Pro Duo offical one.

I ahve tried resetting the master settings, and I downgraded using the 1.5 recovery file and then upgraded again.

ANy help would be great

Cheers

Triv1um
July 4th, 2007, 13:06
Right, so you have 2 folders for your homebrew

"name"
and
"name"%

set your kernal to 1.50 and put these 2 folders in game150.

Have a UMD in the drive and make sure your NO-UMD is turned off

Set your cpu speeds to 333 (there have been some problems reported if this isn't set for some reason)

Make sure the files you downloaded are ok, and make sure you have full room in your memory stick.

There is no reason why this shouldn't work.

Wad
July 4th, 2007, 13:37
ahhh....mabey thts it with the UMD.

I hav'nt had the UMD in at all.

Cheers buddy, can't find out till after work tho!

Triv1um
July 4th, 2007, 14:46
No I just thought it cant be the umd.

Its showing corrupt, not not booting.

Sounds like a dodgy download too me.

Wad
July 4th, 2007, 15:46
h... I followed the Noobz guide of PSP-Mof forum.

Was an impressive walk through. But do you think having no UMD in the drive could be the problem. Its just showing corrupt data icons.

For example, I installed 3-d chess and the worked. But things like INstallatron, or a portal, and I tried IR shell. But no luck

Triv1um
July 4th, 2007, 16:40
oh for IRshell.

you need to put the 2 IRshell folders in game150 and the other folder in the root of the memory stick.

I dont see why both the icons are corrupt,

Saracchini
July 4th, 2007, 16:48
The eboot.pbp file of homebrew must be in the next folder inside GAME150.

An example:
E:/PSP/GAME150/SNESTYL/EBOOT.PBP will work
E:/PSP/GAME150/SNESTYL/SNES/EBOOT.pbp wont work and shows corrupted data.
I dont know if the kxploited folder (with "%" ) affects it but i use PCEP (PC-Engine emu) without it and runs with no problems.

My Kernel is set to 3.40 and only Basilisk 2 required swith do 1.50 Kernel... all the others emus worked fine.

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 03:36
When you run homebrew the eboot must be in the first folder not buried in a directory like you said:

E:/PSP/GAME150/SNESTYL/EBOOT.PBP will work
E:/PSP/GAME150/SNESTYL/SNES/EBOOT.pbp wont work and shows corrupted data.

the deal with your game folders is this. you can either have a game340 folder and a game folder or a game150 folder and a game folder. The game*** folders use the kernel that their name suggests. Then the game folder uses the kernel set in the recovery mode. Things have screwed up for me when i have both a game150 and game340 folder or when the kernel of the game folder is set the same as my game*** folder.

VampDude
July 7th, 2007, 03:49
the deal with your game folders is this. you can either have a game340 folder and a game folder or a game150 folder and a game folder. The game*** folders use the kernel that their name suggests. Then the game folder uses the kernel set in the recovery mode. Things have screwed up for me when i have both a game150 and game340 folder or when the kernel of the game folder is set the same as my game*** folder.

Which one do you use? I have to keep flashing my PSP down to 1.50 for my homebrew, thou I have the GAME340 + GAME150 in the PSP/GAME folder (I have mine in GAME150)