PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how good is the PSP in comparison to the PS2

Cokemusic
July 4th, 2007, 15:00
I've had my PSP for about two years now and I find that the PSP isn't even close to matching the PS2 in terms of it's graphics .

Is this because of a lack of effort on the developers behalf, i read in an article that the PS2 is equal to the PSP's performance because of the PSP doing the same tasks @ a lower resolution ,( i don't really understand all of it)

Or is the reason that the , the PSP's potential could only be fully unlocked once Sony allowed the PSP to fully utilize it's CPU in the new firmware updates.

Some one provide more insight please.

dangee
July 4th, 2007, 17:04
wouldnt trade my psp for a ps2 + an old tv + 5 games

ICE
July 4th, 2007, 17:06
the devs who are making god of war for psp said that with the cpu at 333mhz its basically like coding for ps2.

xg917
July 4th, 2007, 18:06
i would rather compair how games play than their graphics because obviously the graphics are going to be taken down a notch. but they play the same as ps2 basicly

grand theft auto looked pretty good. and so did any first person shooter games like call of duty. those games looked really good and play as if it was playstation 2 hand held. so its good enough for me.

jonezybaby
July 5th, 2007, 03:07
yea im happy enough with psp, graphics are still like wow to me on lot of games, as xg917 sed, those games looked really good and play as if it was on playstation 2 handheld, just for thos of us that cant be assed modding our psp's, we do really need the second analog stick, usin X O Triangle And Square Doesnt quite kick it for me!!

Cokemusic
July 6th, 2007, 22:59
Thanx for the replies but I was looking for a reply froma a more technical perspective.

falco216
July 7th, 2007, 16:41
Ps2 cpu speed 300 mhz

Psp cpu speed (assuming you set it higher) 333 mhz

Nuff' said.

ICE
July 7th, 2007, 17:44
lol cpu speed isnt everything. ps2 is still technically more powerful but not by a great deal.

Safari Al
July 7th, 2007, 18:57
well i got a psp cuz it was portable and now i play it more than the ps2