PDA

View Full Version : Lemmings DS v7.04

wraggster
July 4th, 2007, 19:20
Mr D has yet again updated the excellent game of Lemmings on the DS, heres whats new:

Version 7.04:

* All 120 levels from the original Amiga Lemmings
* All 100 levels from Oh-No! More Lemmings and now…
* All 72 levels from Xmas Lemmings ‘91, ‘92, ‘93 and ‘94!
* DLDI support
* Automatic progress saving
* Make your own levels and traps

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Tranmere
July 13th, 2007, 02:14
I am absolutely DYING to play this, but I can't get it to work. :(

I've got a G6DS Real, which has just had a DLDI auto-patcher released HERE (http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php) that works with most other homebrew. It recognises the game is DLDI compatible, but when trying to boot the game I get a "directory structure not recognised" message.

I've extracted the files to the root (the only place where it will even try to load, if I put the files in a LemmingsDS folder and try to run the NDS file from there I get a loading screen that never finishes loading). I've edited the config text file to reflect this (just left a blank line after the directory heading). But no joy.

I don't suppose there's any chance of a fix? Please? Pretty pretty please?! Pleeeeeeeeease...

R4mbo
July 17th, 2007, 14:57
GREAT JOB! Thx!

Sigma83
July 18th, 2007, 01:42
ugh, i have no idea how to get this going as well. Spent about 20 minutes on this. I left the config as is, with /LemmingsDS er whatever it is. I extracted the stuff, dldi'd my game for supercardds one and moved the lemmingsDS folder to the root of my card (with the nds file in it) and the config to the root.

I also tried putting the folder in the root, the NDS file in the root, adjusting the config to have a blank line, then tried running the NDS file in the LemmingsDS folder, and the one in the root. Both don't work.

Would love to get this working, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Sigma83
July 18th, 2007, 01:54
So apparently lemmings doesn't work on slot 1 devices. So I tried on my supercard lite transflash one that slides in slot 2. Still no luck. Config in the root, LemmingsDS folder with everything in it in the root, dldi'd the .NDS file. Still cannot find the files.

HELP!

Sigma83
July 18th, 2007, 02:29
http://forum.mrdictionary.net/viewtopic.php?t=209

Maybe this guy's suggestions will help. How do I even upgrade the firmware on my supercard lite? I don't think I ever put anything on it but moonshell.

Echo1
July 18th, 2007, 02:50
Lemmings works perfectly fine on the R4DS. maybe you should buy one of those?

DanTheManMS
July 18th, 2007, 03:54
Sigma, the only Supercard firmware that's known to break tons of homebrew is 1.80, which does not come pre-installed. The firmware is most likely not the issue. I'd try using SCSD_moon.dldi from http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=SuperCard_%28SD_Card%29 to see if that helps. I've never used this myself however, so I don't know how else to help.

If you do wish to upgrade your firmware however, you should do it in steps. Go from 1.63 to 1.7 to 1.80 to 1.81. Going from 1.63 to 1.81 could brick the Supercard, while going from 1.7 to 1.81 breaks the built-in emulators but functions normally otherwise. The upgrade.scu file for 1.80 cannot be found on the English site, so you should get it from http://rapidshare.com/files/42771622/SCLite_microSD_1.80_eng.rar.html for your SCLite. The 1.7 and 1.81 upgrade files can be found on the English Supercard site however.

When upgrading, if the upgrade file is in *.bin format, put it on your card and launch it like a game. If it's *.scu format, put it on the root of your card and boot up the DS, which will prompt you to upgrade, after which point you can delete it from your card so it stops bugging you every time you boot up.

Sigma83
July 18th, 2007, 04:51
thanks for the tips Dan, you've always been a great help when I hit a road block :). I agree with you, in this case I don't believe it' s a firmware issue. I'll just holdout till someone figures it all out.

Sigma83
July 18th, 2007, 06:27
Lemmings works perfectly fine on the R4DS. maybe you should buy one of those?

lol, i think 2 cards is enough thanks.

Sigma83
September 29th, 2007, 23:34
Did anyone ever get lemmings running on micro SD supercard or Slot1 supercard? :(

poodleboy
October 8th, 2007, 04:37
This game is working perfectly on my "M3 perfect + Pass Me". I booted it up to make sure it was working and ended up playing for half an hour 'cos i just couldn't put it down.

I've had so much trouble getting emulators and such working but now that i'm not trying to do things that aren't technically illegal everything seems to work wonderfully. Thank you for such a great piece of software.

Sigma83
October 8th, 2007, 19:22
I just can't get passed the "Error loading config file". The .nds file is just not accepting the DLDI patch as it should is what I'm thinking. The .NDS file available for download is already DLDI'd. I didn't think you could DLDI an already patched NDS file, I thought that breaks them. If I could somehow get a freshly compiled lemmingds.NDS file, then I think the patch would work. If someone has this working on any supercard product I'd really like to hear about it. Thanks.

atoc
October 8th, 2007, 21:48
This is #2 of my most played DS homebrew games :)
I've played Lemmings since waay back in my early IBM PC days (actual IBM..no clone ;) ).
Works perfectly w/ my Slot-1 card.

Sigma83
October 9th, 2007, 02:25
I just upgraded the firmware on both my supercard ds one (1.01) and supercard lite (1.83). I dldi'd the nds file with my usual dldi files and also with scsd_moon.dldi which was recommended for the supercard lite by some other forums.

I drop the LemmingsDS folder into my root (containing the nds files), place the config file in the root as well, and then try to run the various dldi'd files. Sometimes it's the LemmingsDS structure that cannot be found, sometimes it's the config file that cannot be found.

In this case, in my config file, I have "/LemmingsDS" as teh directory. I do not know what the heck else I can do here. Hopeless.

Pulka
December 7th, 2007, 14:43
So i'll just put the LemmingsDS folder in the root of my SD card and then play?

jaycee900
December 16th, 2007, 00:14
Yes put the lemmings folder in the root, also put the config file in the root directory....no need to do anything else (at least on the supercard microsd/sd versions.

Pumpkinbot
December 31st, 2007, 04:27
How do I get this to work on a Games 'n Music card?

goldfish96
March 31st, 2008, 12:12
i'v got a M3DS REAL and i cant get lemmingsds to work. i'v done everything it says in the config txt but it still dunt work , well it loads then says ''loading levels'' then it comes to the menu but the music dunt play and it wont let me press anything, the only thing thats working is the animtions. can sumone pls help me,

thanks, goldfish96

goldfish96
April 1st, 2008, 14:50
I'V FOUND A SOLUTION TO LEMMINGS DS?
all u have to do is download DS OGANIZE.
put DS ORGANIZE on your ds and then start is DS OGANIZE , go to BROWES find LEMMINGS DS an it SHOULD WORK. (WELL IT WORKS FOR ME BUT TRY IT )http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88085&highlight=organize

DOWNLOAD DS ORGANIZE HERE!

goldfish96
April 1st, 2008, 21:29
DOWNLOAD ''ds organize'' & ''lemmings ds''. RUN ''ds organize'' ON YOUR DS, CLICK ON browes AND LOOK FOR ''lemmings ds'' NOW IT SHOULD WORK PERFECTLY FINE

THANKS,
''HOPE IT WORKS FOR U ALL''

GOLDFISH96

JBAlden
April 11th, 2008, 21:48
This game is just as hard to run as openttd was...And I never got it running!!! I just could use some help getting this running.

Timza
October 1st, 2008, 21:35
lemmings is cool i used to play it on my old ms dos computer xD