PDA

View Full Version : Portable VNC v1.2.6 (keyboard enhancement)

zx-81
July 4th, 2007, 22:00
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvnc-snap-v1.2.5.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new release of Portable VNC for Custom FW 3.x-OE and FW 1.5

For those for haven't seen previous versions, VNC let you access
to your PC desktop from anywhere using a wifi connection.

What's new in version 1.2.6 :

+ Add new useful keys to the danzeff keyboard such as Win, Alt-tab, etc ...
+ All keys of the virtual keyboard are now really working !
(many keys were not usable in the previous version)
+ Support more keys with the IR-keyboard

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library), and the Virtual keyboard is based on the Danzel code.

PSPVNC has been written by NHD from TeamXos, and it's based on the PalmOS VNC client.

It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided.

The IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

Enjoy, :thumbup:

Zx.

Saracchini
July 4th, 2007, 22:07
Itīs a nice application... but i tried access machines outside of the domain created by my wireless router (i.e. valid IP addresses in www) but it aways fails in connection. The configs (DNS, IP address, gateway,etc..) are the same of i used to navigate in PSP Browser and PSPSSH.
I using vncserver with comes in Fedora Core in the outside machine instead TightVNC our RealVNC... this is the problem ?

zx-81
July 4th, 2007, 22:27
Itīs a nice application... but i tried access machines outside of the domain created by my wireless router (i.e. valid IP addresses in www) but it aways fails in connection. The configs (DNS, IP address, gateway,etc..) are the same of i used to navigate in PSP Browser and PSPSSH.
I using vncserver with comes in Fedora Core in the outside machine instead TightVNC our RealVNC... this is the problem ?

I'm using the same vnc server (on fedora core 4) and it works fine (but i had to configure my router to forward port 5901 from my router to my PC Desktop ).

see : http://www.realvnc.com/support/portforward.html

Mister Klownes
July 5th, 2007, 00:16
Most excellent, I didn't even know about VNC until one of the earlier releases of this app, and since adopting it, it's allowed me to be even more lazy. (Stay in bed and still control everything on the PC, how fun)

DarthPaul
July 5th, 2007, 02:57
Yay,thanks for this release. Keep it coming while you can.

DrNicket
July 5th, 2007, 04:42
Thank you as always my friend.

brasssmunky
July 5th, 2007, 07:33
what keyboard works with this?
i want one.

philage
July 5th, 2007, 07:35
Thanks for the update release, easily one of the most useful apps for the psp for me.

Thanks again zx-81.

:thumbup:

ish420ism
July 8th, 2007, 05:18
The old days, I was the MuthaF-ing 2D Fighter Master. Even against the Asians. They were tough.:thumbup:

Sorry guys, Wrong thread

UltimaDude
July 8th, 2007, 14:10
Awesome, I like it.

Aintaer
July 8th, 2007, 21:06
I had some trouble with the IR keyboard input. I don't use one, but I kept getting junk commands from other IR devices. Is there a way to turn the IR keyboard off and only use virtual keyboard?

Also, I'm running TurboVNC on my machine, and when I log on, I'm immediately punted to the connection screen on the PSP. Is this a problem with my VNC setup or version mismatch problem?

zx-81
July 9th, 2007, 08:32
I had some trouble with the IR keyboard input. I don't use one, but I kept getting junk commands from other IR devices. Is there a way to turn the IR keyboard off and only use virtual keyboard?

I should add option to do it :( or let the user to disable it in the pspirkeyb.ini file ...

Also, I'm running TurboVNC on my machine, and when I log on, I'm immediately punted to the connection screen on the PSP. Is this a problem with my VNC setup or version mismatch problem?

I haven't tried pspvnc with TurboVNC (only with TightVNC), so i don't know if it's compatible or not ...

Aintaer
July 9th, 2007, 14:51
I should add option to do it :( or let the user to disable it in the pspirkeyb.ini file ...

That would be keen.

I haven't tried pspvnc with TurboVNC (only with TightVNC), so i don't know if it's compatible or not ...

I installed TightVNC and everything works like a peach (except for network latency, but I guess there's nothing to be done about that). I think as of now, TurboVNC is not compatible.

Another thing I noticed was, when using a static IP connection, I would get a ConnectToTcpAddr: cannot connect error with an error code of -1/118 as soon as I tried to connect. Switching to using DHCP fixed that.

I also notice that PVNC is rather slower than the VNC client on my laptop. Inserting an option for lowering JPEG compression may be good for the future. Also, personally, I would like a local mouse cursor because I would often lose where my mouse is from lag.

Otherwise, excellent work!

the hubster
July 10th, 2007, 13:45
How do i add a conection? im familiar with vnc but when i start it says "no connections found, please add one", however it quits out when i press a button.

the hubster
July 10th, 2007, 14:03
nvm i figured it out, had to add wifi connection in psp menu cos it got deleted in firmware downgrade or upgrade.

youmew
August 1st, 2007, 11:45
Can you make "Portable VNC" working with adhoc wifi connection (psp <> pc) feature of Irshell ?

morphles
September 5th, 2007, 09:02
I'm not sure cause i didn't see anyone asking o talking about vnc over ssh on pspvnc, but i believe that it's not possible currently, am i right?
And so could there be some enhancement for pspvnc to support vnc over ssh, cause i think it would be tremendously useful.

zx-81
September 5th, 2007, 19:53
I'm not sure cause i didn't see anyone asking o talking about vnc over ssh on pspvnc, but i believe that it's not possible currently, am i right?
yes you're right, it's not possible.

And so could there be some enhancement for pspvnc to support vnc over ssh, cause i think it would be tremendously useful.

ssh is cpu consuming (mainly due to encryption stuff), pspvnc is already really slow, so i can't imagine what will happen if it has to encrypt all data through a ssh tunnel. :(

babylonx
September 9th, 2007, 16:28
Portable VNC worked for me but there is a big enough delay between what happens in the computer and what u see. I can see that the pointer moves on my computers screen immediately when I touch the stick but I see the same image with 1 second delay on my psp screen. This does not help a lot because you have to guess... Make a move with the stick and then wait to see if the pointer has gone to the right place. This happens when the TightVNC server version is 1.3.9. It has no delay with 1.2.9 but I don't want to go back because I also use TightVNC from other computers and I like the new features. I think that this incompatibility with the new version should be checked and corrected.

Tbone54
December 27th, 2007, 23:29
Hey zx-81,

I was just wondering is there a way to setup the connection so its only 64 bit color rather than full color?

Just having bandwidth issues and wondering if its possible to set a setting some where on the color depth.

Thanks for the awesome program. Love your work.