PDA

View Full Version : is this possible for ps1 games on ps3?

gamerremag
July 5th, 2007, 04:47
in the ps3 you have the option of backing up the harddisk. when you back it up onto a flash drive or whatever, and you have a playstation one game on the harddrive, could you insert your own playstation one game via the POPS converter thing a ma bob? i know the gamesaves come up on the ps3 (i havent tryied USING them, but they are recognized), so why not the game?

just a thought (that has probably come across everyone):thumbup:

Anonymous D
July 5th, 2007, 12:36
wudnt there be a problem with the licence for the game? or mb if you were to keep the serial numbers and slus id the same it could work.

parkermauney
July 6th, 2007, 20:36
You would have to crack popstation on the ps3 like on the psp, which is impossible as of now.

VampDude
July 6th, 2007, 20:59
PSone games should be playable on the PS3 as it is backward compatible with the PS2 which is backward compatible with the PSone, it makes no sense thou SONY allow PSone games to be ported via PS3 to the PSP??? :confused:

parkermauney
July 6th, 2007, 21:11
If you already own your psx games, you wouldn't have to rip them.

PIRATE! :D

VampDude
July 6th, 2007, 22:12
If you already own your psx games, you wouldn't have to rip them.

PIRATE! :D

I have a (small) PSone (w/ official SONY screen) for playing PSone games, so who is the pirate? YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE! (unless your comment wasn't aimed at me?) lol :rofl:

parkermauney
July 6th, 2007, 23:10
It was aimed at gamerremag, but you're a pirate to, a SPACE SHIP PIRATE!

VampDude
July 6th, 2007, 23:32
It was aimed at gamerremag, but you're a pirate to, a SPACE SHIP PIRATE!

lol, I always wanted to be a pirate when I was very young as I had all the Pirate LEGO sets with the treasure chests and all the pirate characters with the soldiers and the shark plus the cannons (which I had confiscated for shooting the cat - I was 6) :rofl:

Plus I can only be a SPACESHIP PIRATE if ExcruciationX comes to earth and I stowaway on his ship then take his ship as my own after I've taken him captive!

gamerremag
July 8th, 2007, 21:49
woa guys, what about if i was to put a backup on my ps3, so i wouldnt forget it when i go to my friends house?

HMMMMMMMM?????????? i would never pirate....

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 22:29
Oh, that's fine.
But still won't work, unless you considered playing it at extremely suck speeds on linux.

gamerremag
July 13th, 2007, 00:17
^cant you emulate windows via linux?

and i saw a video of a jap (i am shortening the word Japanese, i dont want another racial thread =)) running windows xp on his ps3.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ecr8tWetI