PDA

View Full Version : A new PSP '' anticopie '' planned for this summer

wraggster
July 6th, 2007, 20:12
Some news from french site pspge (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4330)n about a new anti-copy firmware i presume coming from Sony.

Heres the english to french translation.

You undoubtedly noticed, if you are in the search of a new PSP in this moment, that the retailers have consoles available less and less. Difficult to today find a pack 2Go or even a white console. This pseudo shortage has been the result of the absence of delivery of console by Sony for several weeks and the fall in the prices of the packs. By putting the question with several persons in charge for stores, we found an answer common that Sony would have given them: “we prepare a new console with a system anti-copy on the mother chart and we will deliver the consoles as soon as available”. The date given by the Japanese firm is “current of this summer”. Although nonofficial, this fact was collected near different signs with like goes back to restocking second fortnight of July. This short-term date lets think that this new model of PSP will not be a PSP 2 but just a revision of the current version. Then intox on behalf of Sony to reassure the retailers, or reality? This should find its response in the days which come. As of reception of the new PSP, if they arrive, PSPGen will make a disassembling in rule of the animal to allow you more. On the other hand, as Sony regards the homebrews as hacking (No how!), it could be thus that this system also tries to prevent the launching of those. This is thus likely to deprive all the future owners of PSP of the joys of the homebrews. In any case, if all that is confirmed, a thing is sour, the second-hand market will make a jump ahead… and the prices of the current PSP too. At least, while waiting for that the scene finds a solution with this problem

My view is wait and see personally, rumours until proven otherwise

burrito
July 6th, 2007, 20:47
I hate pspgen. They start all of these false rumors...

urherenow
July 7th, 2007, 00:17
As I said in a previous post, G4 announced that the new PSP will have 8GB flash memory. Seems there will be a bit more than copy protection down the road... Regardless weather this news is hot air or not, you can be sure there is a change coming and it's not going to be a simple voltage change like before.

jinqui242
July 7th, 2007, 00:34
New copy protection = new holes to exploit.

felonyr301
July 7th, 2007, 00:37
Yes new holes but maybe not practical enough for many to do it.

ish420ism
July 7th, 2007, 02:35
I may wait for the psp2

I need a new psp. My screen cracked last night.
Any advise on fixing my screen. the backlight still works. would it be better to buy screen with built in backlight.
Any suggestions will be appreciated