PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics PSP dated

Shrygue
July 6th, 2007, 20:46
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=79108)

Square Enix has revealed that Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions will be on European shelves in October.

The game is an updated version of the PSone original released to roaring success across Japan back in 1997. However, clumsy translation ruined its chances in America, effectively leaving its chances of heading to Europe below zero.

But for those who played Tactics it remains one of the best Final Fantasy games of all time. And thankfully this port remains entirely faithful to the original, even adding a few new touches.

There's a multiplayer mode that lets you assemble five characters then do battle with a friend; updated graphics and audio; and new playable faces in the shape of Balthier from FFXII and Cloud from FFVII.

It's this kid of reverential treatment we like to see, and saw it we did at the Square Enix Party in Japan earlier this year.

zheg_pagaza
July 6th, 2007, 21:03
first to know!!!

Ryupowerup
July 6th, 2007, 22:00
Cloud from FFVII
was in the
PSone original released(1997)

Veskgar
July 7th, 2007, 13:12
This is for sure on my wish list. It will probably be a big success for the PSP.

mcdougall57
July 7th, 2007, 13:35
playing the one for the ps1 on my psp now and the game looks pretty good

l33t_haxz0r
July 8th, 2007, 06:59
i can't wait for this game to release, i have the ps1 version on my psp and it owns, this is by far my fav FF game, :) and cloud, beowulf and many other hidden characters made the game twice as fun