PDA

View Full Version : ZodMAME v1.2 released

wraggster
July 6th, 2007, 21:02
News/release from Fangorn: (http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=28812)

Time to dust off the Tapwave compiler and work on ZodMAME again. I've fixed up a number of things that have bothered me for a while but the main addition is a builtin UDMH style memory loader that uses Storage Memory completely safely, unlike UDMH! I've added that because I love the CPS1 games and I won't put UDMH on my Tapwave as it can (and has) corrupted data. I'm still using the Tapwave a lot as a PDA and regularly play games on it.

After looking at that I got a bit carried away with other additions/fixes so there is quite a lot of new stuff in this release.

IMPORTANT This release has moved the SD directory from /PALM/Programs/PalmMAME/ to /PALM/Programs/ZodMAME/. Make sure you move/copy to this new directory your existing MAME v0.36 ROMS etc.

Download it from my Zodiacstuff web site (http://zodiacstuff.sourceforge.net/)

Updates
* Moved directory from /PALM/Programs/PalmMAME/ to /PALM/Programs/ZodMAME/ to avoid conflicts between the different MAME versions.
* Implemented Protected Feature Memory (Storage Memory) loading of GFX and SFX Roms for big games. UDMH is not required anymore. All writing to Feature Mem is done safely to avoid any corruption, unlike UDMH!
* Added Favourites Export/Import to Memopad
* Fixed CPS1 graphics transparency/masking issues.
* Put back CPS1 "ghouls" support, still crashes when exiting but no longer corrupts Tapwave as UDMH isn't used anymore.
* Fixed graphics drawing problems with JrPacman, Pac-Land, Dig Dug and related games.
* Added 11khz sound rate option (low, high) for lower sound quality but faster speed.
* Added colour fixes from Vilmos, fixes most games that had colour corruption before like "Ghosts'n Goblins", "Tapper", "Rampage" etc. Thanks to Vilmos.
* Fixed "Bosconian" graphics, thanks to Vilmos.
* Rewrote "Missile Command" graphics driver for much faster performance.
* Fixed loading of NVRAM config, Williams games now don't need starting twice.
* Added nice "GFX Decoding" wait message