PDA

View Full Version : DLDI for Games'n'Music

wraggster
July 6th, 2007, 21:10
Awesome release from Chism for all those who brought the Games'n'Music flashcart:

via drunkencoders

Chishm has done a good bit of work getting the Datel Games'n'Music working with his DLDI interface making the card usable for nearly all homebrew.

http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Datel_Games_%27n%27_Mus
ic_%28microSD%29

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crookedmouth
July 6th, 2007, 23:47
Works perfectly, Chism once again kicks arse.
Datel should be thanking him. The only reason to purchase the G&M is because of Chism.

btw psychowood has updated his DLDI right click patcher to accommodate GnM v2 is faster
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html (http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html)

pizzatacoman
July 7th, 2007, 01:30
Wow amazing..

Thank you.

azriel
July 7th, 2007, 01:54
i got the cart and was a little dissapointed with video lagging, i tried moonshell and it lagged out worse :( i got curious and had a very odd idea, try running r4 firmware on games n music, i downloaded it n was a bit confused it siad system and the files appeared to be moonshell, i tried it and it didnt load, i already had chisms dldi so i had another odd idea and i patched the r4 firmware, my videos dont skip anymore so i thought i was post and see what others would make of this, i dont know whats so different but i played the exact same files and they no longer lag

forgot to mention it starts up like normal then u just open the r4 nds file

crookedmouth
July 7th, 2007, 03:10
i got the cart and was a little dissapointed with video lagging, i tried moonshell and it lagged out worse :( i got curious and had a very odd idea, try running r4 firmware on games n music, i downloaded it n was a bit confused it siad system and the files appeared to be moonshell, i tried it and it didnt load, i already had chisms dldi so i had another odd idea and i patched the r4 firmware, my videos dont skip anymore so i thought i was post and see what others would make of this, i dont know whats so different but i played the exact same files and they no longer lag

Did you by chance use the first v1 "slower" version, then without knowing switch to the v2 faster version?

The second one is said to fix some lag issues. I haven't tested it so just trying to eliminate that possibility.

azriel
July 7th, 2007, 06:34
yea same dldi patch file and its v2 i checked again, moonshell lags pretty bad on videos and a little on music while the built in player lags both music and video but i put thd r4 files back in and no lag at all i just found it interesting and i figured id post this for anyone with the same lag problem, since it seemed to help me

crookedmouth
July 7th, 2007, 07:02
which version of r4 firmware?

Ebb
July 7th, 2007, 08:37
But im sure a lot of people will be happy with DLDI for GNM
x3

DanTheManMS
July 7th, 2007, 08:42
Ebb, azriel is saying that using the R4 firmware patched with this new GnM DLDI file somehow makes DPG videos not lag like they do with the standard Moonshell installation. I'd say that discussion about this revelation is appropriate for the topic.

Ebb
July 7th, 2007, 08:46
Yeah I was gonna edit my last post, I re read the posts to make sure I should have posted that. xD
But I see now.

TeenDev
July 7th, 2007, 15:04
Ima go buy a GnM now. I just sold my MMD so I have about $50.

Ebb
July 7th, 2007, 22:07
With 50 dollars you might as well swing over to

dealextreme.com and buy an R4+1GB kingston Memorie for 46.95

Or a regular one without the card for 31.

crookedmouth
July 8th, 2007, 00:41
I'm happy with my purchase, as long as the micro sd doesn't fly out of the card, heh. I realize that the R4 is a smarter purchase but for someone like me who likes to go purchase something physically in a store and doesn't have any real interest in DS game roms, it's quite good. I believe it has pretty much the same compatibility as the R4,homebrew wise. It's just too bad that Datel didn't bother to help. They been around awhile too. They made a C64 eprom cart back in the mid 80's.
I do see the point of giving your money to a more attentive company though.

Homerun
July 8th, 2007, 04:04
Sweet I returned my Games and Music and got the MMD becasue od DLDI :o

TeenDev
July 8th, 2007, 04:22
With 50 dollars you might as well swing over to

dealextreme.com and buy an R4+1GB kingston Memorie for 46.95

Or a regular one without the card for 31.

don't byuy from DealExtreme, They sell fake supercards.

Ebb
July 8th, 2007, 04:31
I only bought an R4 from there
and Ive yet to have a single problem >_>

or are you jsut talking about supercard lite etc?

azriel
July 8th, 2007, 05:46
yea, i was saying that moonshell and the built in media player lagged horribly and i patched the r4 firmware and it runs video and music beautifully, idk how or why i just had the idea and tried it and it works great, great patch, wish i could contribute more to this community, but i guess this will do till i learn more

Sir_Voe
July 8th, 2007, 22:02
I was under the impression you could only patch .nds files. What R4 file are you patching exactly, "_DS_MENU.dat"? :confused:

azriel
July 9th, 2007, 02:55
_DS_MSHL.nds is the one i patch, i just unrared the r4 files and patched that then loaded everything from the folder onto the card and use it like the normal moonshell

fook123
July 9th, 2007, 05:30
Thius is possibly one of the dumbest questions ever but, what do i do with this file and how do i get it to work on my games n music? (i know what it does, i just dont know hhow to use it) please help me . . . . . im new to the homebrew stuff.

azriel
July 9th, 2007, 05:58
um read dldi sticky or look up the dldi wiki

dakillaklown715
January 15th, 2008, 21:24
i have a few games i wanna patch to use on my gnm but everytime i try it doesnt work when trying to load them how does dldi work?

DanTheManMS
January 16th, 2008, 02:41
You patch your homebrew game with DLDI so it can access the filesystem on your microSD card. Exactly which homebrew application are you having issues with?

If you're talking about commercial games, then you're at the wrong forum. And using the wrong device, for that matter.

dakillaklown715
January 16th, 2008, 04:31
im using comercial gameboy roms, not nds roms i want my pokemon games on it aswell as a few other roms i have downloaded.

dakillaklown715
January 16th, 2008, 04:35
im using a 2gb lexar with gnm with comercial gameboy roms and gba roms. im hoping to get a few nes and sega roms for it aswell but if i cant get this to work ima fork over money to get an m3 or r4... unsure yet which one.

crookedmouth
January 16th, 2008, 04:40
Use Lameboy -GB/GBC emulator for DS
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68696&highlight=lameboy

There is also DS Boy which is a GB emulator
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76310

Remember those roms are still commercial and probably illegal to DL

EDIT: GBA will never work with GnM, I am not certain of using the 2gig Lexar. I had to fight through hell to figure out which 1 gig MicroSD worked with GnM. I finally found that the SanDisk worked but only with the slower Version 1 of the DLDI patch.
I know the 128MB disk works with both versions.

dakillaklown715
January 16th, 2008, 23:51
well can someone please explain how to patch the roms and send them to my micosd card so i can at least try to do it... although ima get an m3 or r4 unsure yet when i get my taxes back.. i still wanna know how to use DLDI

DanTheManMS
January 17th, 2008, 05:20
You patch Lameboy.nds with the DLDI file. That's all the patching you do. Copy the patched lameboy.nds file and your GBC files to your card. Launch Lameboy and use its file browser to choose the binary to launch.

dakillaklown715
January 18th, 2008, 11:29
does virturalboyadvance work?

crookedmouth
January 19th, 2008, 05:00
does virturalboyadvance work?

No, sorry, there is no GBA emulator and there never will be.It just doesn't have the power.
You could search for dedicated slot 2 GBA Flash cartridge. I use an old XROM 512Mb that works well, but you need a GBA sp to link to your PC. There are some DS slot 2 cards that can be used for GBA, but someone else would know better.

cjones101
January 21st, 2008, 00:42
how r u supposed 2 use this and what does it do

crookedmouth
January 21st, 2008, 05:28
Any homebrew games or apps that require the Dynamically Linked Device Interface(which is most) will now work with the GnM. Basically chism created a unified way of reading and writing to the many homebrew devices.
Of course this was no thanks to Datel, just out of the kindness of Chism.

http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

The easiest way to patch your DLDI programs is psychowood's DLDIrc (dldi Right Click),Install it, choose your device(GnM), v2 works with the 128MB card that comes with the GnM, I have to use Version1 of the patch for my 1GB SanDisk. Anyway choose v2 for your 128MB as it is faster. Once installed, just right click any .NDS file and choose your device, then follow onscreen directions(press space twice)

DL DLDIrc
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html (psychowood)

nosman
January 28th, 2008, 04:19
hi people i am new to this and when i load the moonshell version 1.71 programme on my ds and pick ds game to play it says not support adapter in side a file information box can anyone help me with this thank's alot

xx-wil-xx
January 29th, 2008, 20:43
hi im wil
i have a games n music cart and when i try to ptch roms it comes up that they dont have a dldi section
im a bit of a noob so plz could someone help me
thnx

Jeric
January 29th, 2008, 23:43
Ok, are there any other GnM users out there that are having problems with DSO randomly deleting and or corrupting files?

DanTheManMS
January 30th, 2008, 02:06
hi im wil
i have a games n music cart and when i try to ptch roms it comes up that they dont have a dldi section
thnx
Only homebrew will have DLDI files. The GnM cannot play commercial files, and even if it could we could not help you due to the forum rules.

crookedmouth
January 30th, 2008, 04:39
hi im wil
thnx

If your trying to run an Emulator, patch the .nds file not the rom images.

Ok, are there any other GnM users out there that are having problems with DSO randomly deleting and or corrupting files?

It's strange, but I haven't had trouble. I use the Games N Music version if that matters.I think it's 3.1 and I haven't tried 3.2.

It's in this version and it's named DSOrganize-gnm.nds
http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/DSOrganize_3_1129.zip

xx-wil-xx
January 31st, 2008, 16:54
if i wanted to make my own homebrew games what software would i need
(if there is anything that i ask that you cant answer because of the forum rules please add me to msn or email me
[email protected])
thnx

Jeric
January 31st, 2008, 17:17
Lessee. DSO 3.01 - 3.2(all versions between) have given me headachs, even version 2.9 and 2.7 give the same, if not worse, results.

Maybe its the card i'm using.

haft01
February 5th, 2008, 10:52
Awesome release from Chism for all those who brought the Games'n'Music flashcart:

via drunkencoders

Chishm has done a good bit of work getting the Datel Games'n'Music working with his DLDI interface making the card usable for nearly all homebrew.

http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Datel_Games_%27n%27_Mus
ic_%28microSD%29

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
I'm a newbie, so don't laugh at these questions. I have the game n' music cart and the micro card that came with it. I also am working on a mac. I have the ds organizer working. But it will not load games from the game file. It tries to load the DIDL file and then two white screens. I have tried the ds drop and still nothing. Also how do emulators work and how do you get them to work with the ds organizer?

raynebc
March 1st, 2008, 09:27
I just wanted to add that when I replaced the 128MB card that came with Games n' Music, I had to revert to patching with the older version of the DLDI patch (gmtf, not gmtf2). This is a likely issue if you buy a micro-SD card and all of a sudden homebrew doesn't work when you try to load from it.

Freebird8495
March 18th, 2008, 18:50
Wow amazing..

Thank you.
Where do you put the DLDI file at? is it where the games are?

crookedmouth
March 19th, 2008, 00:15
Where do you put the DLDI file at? is it where the games are?

You need to patch the DLDI compatatible .nds file not place the dldi file on your card.

read this
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54281

but use this newest DLDIRC
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html

Freebird8495
March 19th, 2008, 11:38
where do u store this at? the root of the drive? do u need the dldi tool for this?

crookedmouth
March 19th, 2008, 17:04
where do u store this at? the root of the drive? do u need the dldi tool for this?

Just download and install DLDIRC. During installation chose your device(s). I chose v1 and v2 of the GnM dldi. (Note : version 2 has some compatibility issues with larger MicroSD cards but works with the 128MB stock card.)
After you install the DLDIRC(DLDI Right Click), just right click your .NDS file, chose your device patch and it will patch it for you.
Take the patched .nds file and place it on your card as per the installation describes. Some homebrew need specific placement and folders.Luckily most come with Readme files with instructions.

Freebird8495
March 20th, 2008, 22:27
so u had games n music and downloaded R4? Well, i saw some iphone skins for R4 on google and u might wanna check that out :-)

crookedmouth
March 21st, 2008, 02:13
so u had games n music and downloaded R4? Well, i saw some iphone skins for R4 on google and u might wanna check that out :-)

I'm confused, who are you referring to? R4 is a homebrew device that utilizes MicroSD cards and cannot be downloaded.
Also, did I answer your question about dldi?

cutterjohn
March 21st, 2008, 16:15
v2 of the DLDI never worked well with either my packed in 128MB uSD, nor any of my 2GB Kingston Japan uSDs...

-> v1 of the DLDI gave me as good compatibility as I think that IU was ever going to get. dslinux just failed to work at all on the GnM, and a couple of other homebrew although I can't recall which ATM since I haven't touched the GnM since also buying an SCDS1 & Evolution both of which are INFINITELY better carts.

Freebird8495
March 21st, 2008, 22:25

Cool! I got games n music, and it got a virus... not trojan bricker, just deleted my files. it also is supposed to ruin ds when the card is plugged in again, because it hides itself, deletes the other files exept for itself, and makes it to look like it isn't there and says "no folders" when pulled up on ds, and then permanently crashes and kills your ds. THANK GOD MY DS STILL WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! lol. Any suggestions on what card for me to buy next? it would be nice if it could support skinning like R4 and M3 Simply. Maybe i should get R4 or Simply? Any suggestions?

Thanks

DanTheManMS
March 22nd, 2008, 02:58
...you realize that filesystem corruption is a common occurrence among DS homebrew files, right? What you described is merely a bug in the filesystem access code that unfortunately corrupted your entire card. It was not a virus at all. Most people recognize that this is an issue and actually keep current backups of all the data on their microSD cards for just such an occasion.

Datel products seem especially susceptible to filesystem corruption from my observations.

Freebird8495
March 22nd, 2008, 18:01

where did u download it from? i tried and got a .rar file. is this right? should it be a compressed file or what?

Freebird8495
March 23rd, 2008, 00:25

how do you download the firmware? i got a rar file... what do i do with it?

Freebird8495
March 23rd, 2008, 00:26
sorry... double posted by accident