PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Virus Talks To You. Really.

VampDude
July 6th, 2007, 21:30
Via: switched.com (http://www.switched.com/2007/07/06/new-computer-virus-talks-to-you-really/)

Posted Jul 6th 2007 12:39PM by Tim Stevens (http://www.switched.com/bloggers/tim-stevens)

A new, shall we say -- polite, virus has been discovered by virus-scanner company Panda Labs. Called BotVoice.A, it does some very typical virus things like deleting all your system files and making it so that your computer will no longer function without a good bit of work. However, it also does something rather unusual: alerts you of its presence in a surprisingly polite manner.

The virus brings up Microsoft's text reader application, enabling the computer to produce a synthesized voice from any bit of text. The virus then tells you "You have been infected. I repeat, you have been infected and your system files have been deleted. Sorry. Have a nice day and bye bye."

Sadly, the system can't actually hear you, so no amount of threats, pleads, or cries from your part will help. Better hope you have a good virus scanner.

Triv1um
July 6th, 2007, 21:34
I want this virus.

I might get it somehow and then do a format (it needs to be formated anyway)

steve520
July 6th, 2007, 21:35
Wow a polite virus who would think of something like that?

Shrygue
July 6th, 2007, 21:43
A talking virus, huh? That's the first time I have ever heard of one.

VampDude
July 6th, 2007, 21:48
A talking virus, huh? That's the first time I have ever heard of one.

I've heard of a talking prank that you can get via email, but never a virus. Well not until today anyhow? My Avast anti-virus talks to me, it says "Virus database has been updated" every time I start Windows.

Neo9786
July 6th, 2007, 22:01
LOL!! good things all my computers run MAC! but this is pretty cool.

VampDude
July 6th, 2007, 22:05
LOL!! good things all my computers run MAC! but this is pretty cool.

That's a shame, your missing out on a "TALKING" virus. Good thing there is YouTube, thou any talking virus video's will be fake

acn010
July 6th, 2007, 23:58
where can i get the virus... i want to dissect it....

QaZaX
July 19th, 2007, 23:03
it will just be a boring run of the mill virus with a few extra lines of code to run the speach application and make it say a set phrase. but still way more cool than any other virus :P