PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Homebrew Network Back to Full Working Status

wraggster
July 7th, 2007, 15:42
Hi all been a rough few days with rumours coming to me that they thought Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft had taken us down. But as we dont host illegal files and we are only interested in Homebrew and Supporting the consoles we cover then we are not a threat to the wellbeing of any console maker.

The last week had seen the server go down numerous times and even going into recovery mode, it got so bad that the files were backed up and the server was restored.

What that does mean is that everything should be running much faster and smoother.

So have no fear the only network to cover PSP. Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PS3, PS2, GBA, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Sega-Saturn, GP2X, GP32, Gizmondo, Xbox, Xbox360, Tapwave Zodiac and Mobile Phone Emulation and Homebrew is going nowhere :)

Its nice to be newsposting again, as always a Massive Thanks to Martin our Server Admin for coming to the rescue :). Busy weekend of releases coming with GBAX 2007 on the doorstep.

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/The_Homebrew_Network_Back_to_Full_Status)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/The_Homebrew_Network_Back_to_Full_Status

Bane King
July 7th, 2007, 15:51
Awesome.

I was worried I was going to have to find a new Homebrew site and with as many site corrections and misleading info from other sites you post I was getting alittle worried.

I love you guys *tear*

fucht017
July 7th, 2007, 15:59
Glad you people are back....Beceause this site is honest....and I have very much fun on this site...keep up your great work.....Your people deserve an award.....:D :thumbup:

S34MU5
July 7th, 2007, 16:01
Whats the story then?
Why did the server go down?
What about the "phishing" ?

Martin
July 7th, 2007, 16:07
That's on a need to know basis. ;)

To be honest though that was the reason the server was offline for a while (most of the time it was offline was due to restoring and setting everything up though), it had to be restored anyway so this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Glenaruto
July 7th, 2007, 17:06
So good your back.

JKKDARK
July 7th, 2007, 17:42
Thanks Wraggster and Martin. The site is running normally now :)

mike_jmg
July 7th, 2007, 17:46
Good you're back, for a minute there I thought sony got you.

I was looking in other sites if there was a news saying dcemu brought down because of sony....

So good that this is not the case

bah
July 7th, 2007, 17:58
A cpl of days downtime is pretty bad.

ish420ism
July 7th, 2007, 18:05
I'm glad DCEmu is back. Man it must have sucked to go to recovery. I had to do that to my compute a few times, and when your talking terabytes, it can turn pretty scary. good to be back.

P.S. the site does seem faster on my browser.
Good work guys. I love this site

funem
July 7th, 2007, 19:03
Nice to see you back up and running, I was begining to worry a bit. You run a great site and I visit it on a regular basis.

I have to agree, it seems to be quicker accesing your site now, so what was great before is even better now. :thumbup:

maxipower90
July 7th, 2007, 20:50
great stuff

x999x
July 7th, 2007, 20:56
Very uncool guys.

You forced me to start posting on Kotaku...

I feel dirty, and no matter how many times I shower, the water just doesn't get hot enough.

mcdougall57
July 8th, 2007, 00:44
much faster when before sometimes threads would not show they do every time now and quotation and advanced talk also seems to be back up

acn010
July 8th, 2007, 00:47
never knew the site was down o.o

Shadowblind
July 8th, 2007, 02:37
If this site went down for good, I wouldnt became an active member on any other major Homebrew site. Of all the sites this is the only one i got a warm(Well....) welcome.

acn010
July 8th, 2007, 03:21
me too.... this site is great....and mostly i am the dcemu bum

Veskgar
July 8th, 2007, 08:22
Great to see things back in full swing.

Iceman^2
July 8th, 2007, 15:26
Seems like all my favorite sites have been going down lately. I think it's a conspiracy led by Sony.

pibs
July 8th, 2007, 16:12
i did a google search for dcemu psp and it ends up with the dcemu site under the name of slipknot.cd, weird!
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=dcemu+psp&btnG=Google+Search