PDA

View Full Version : Halo : Genocide - V1.1 Released!

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 16:12
Please front page this :)

---UPDATED VERSION----

Hello all :)

After a lot of hard work, I bring to you my creation that is : Halo - Genocide.

This game is a 2d version of the Halo : Evolved game but is set as a prequel to it :D

Its a 2d side scrolling shooter.

Features :

Weapon Pickup, Weapon Selection, Weapon Spawning, 3 Weapons (Pistol, Machine Gun & Sniper Rilfe, Individual Weapon Power & Ammo

Health Bar, Lives Bar & Ammo Counter - All fully functional

3 Different Types Of Enemys : Guant, Eite & Jackal, Up to 3 enemies on screen at a time, Good AI

Menu & Intro - Both fully functional & with selectable options

4 levels

Scrolling

Interesting Story that updates you prior to the game and after each level

Smooth Animation & Weapon Selection

Text Pop-Up upon being over a weapon (asking you to pick it up)

Impressive HUD (Heads Up Display) that keeps you updated with things

-----UPDATE ADDONS------

Ability to continue the game upon death, you now have 2 continues.
Ability to return to the games menu upon having no continues and being dead

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x70/Xx_FightStar_xX/Screenshot_2.png

There may be one or two minor bugs (I assure you this game is relatively bug free ;)) but none of them ruin or hinder the gameplay as a result.

Note - The Crosshair has to be on/almost on the enemy to result in a hit.
Crouching makes a round shield appear around you and makes you invulnerable to enemy fire

So enjoy the game :) & please leave your opinions on it, in this thread :)

All of the games coding was done by me : Xx FightStar xX except the "Fade code" which I used , which was made by : SoulKiller

(Full credits are contained in the menu, please read before saying you were not mentioned!)

Download here (GamersGuild.co.nr) - http://www.gamerzguild.n-hosting.co.uk/index.php?topic=20.0

or

Download here (Rapidshare.com) - http://rapidshare.com/files/41735793/Halo_-_Genocide_-_Final_V1.1.zip.html

or

Download here (Sendspace.com) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/d635lj

Please Register at gamersguild. if you like/support the game or the site :) Thank you
Ps - If you like the game please visit the games official site - www.gamersguild.co.nr

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 16:41
Wow, fast update.

You should definitely upload it to the site next time.

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 16:44
i will try it :) it wouldnt work for me on the first release. il try now :)

Edit - Upload failed again. Guess people will have to use the gamersguild or rapidshare links for now until the upload issue is resolved

yaustar
July 8th, 2007, 17:53
Use sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/
No waiting times, much more friendlier then rapidshare.

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 18:00
Im just getting dinner :) I will upload it to sendspace after ive eaten and add it to the download options :)

Edit - Sendspace download link added :)

titch.ryan
July 8th, 2007, 18:31
nice work looks alot better than the halo 2d beta by the french coder ( sorry forgot his/her name)

TeenDev
July 8th, 2007, 19:58
he stole those sprites... oh well.

EDIT: Dobermann's going to be PISSED

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 20:32
he stole those sprites... oh well.

EDIT: Dobermann's going to be PISSED

The only sprites used from halo zero to my knowledge are the Master Chief sprites.

On the sprite sheet I got it from, it said this :

------------------------------

"Master Chief from "Halo Zero" for pc.
Ripped by Grim & Bonzai
You can give us credit if you want but you should REALLY give credit to : Doberman, Chainsaw, Alextheblind, 58 and Atomik"

------------------------------------

And if you go to the "Credits" page on Halo : Genocide you can clearly see that the Halo Zero team is credited, so I've met the requirements for using the sprites have I not?

If not I apologise and will change the sprites, as I would prefer it if this didn't get out of hand :D

mcdougall57
July 8th, 2007, 20:47
nice release

cataphrax
July 8th, 2007, 21:11
Yeah, I like the game and all and kudos for making it but......master cheifs girlfriend?! What?!

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 21:20
Yeah, I like the game and all and kudos for making it but......master cheifs girlfriend?! What?!

LOL :rofl:

I wanted to add some originality to it :rolleyes:

D0N
July 8th, 2007, 22:00
Wow, this looks good. I'm downloading this now and trying it out. Nice work Xx FightStar xX! :thumbup:

EDIT:- This is pretty good for you first game. Hope to see more updates! :)

DarthPaul
July 8th, 2007, 22:10
It looks very nice FightStar. If I could only play it right now... damn living without a PSP is hell..

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 22:18
It looks very nice FightStar. If I could only play it right now... damn living without a PSP is hell..

What happened to your psp ? :(

DarthPaul
July 8th, 2007, 22:28
What happened to your psp ? :(

It's a big story...right now almost every PSP DcEmu member knows about it. You can read about it here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67892). I'm such a dumb@$$. :mad:

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 22:30
It brixz0rzd.

There's a thread somewhere.

EDIT: Beat me to it. ;)

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 22:37
It's a big story...right now almost every PSP DcEmu member knows about it. You can read about it here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67892). I'm such a dumb@$$. :mad:

Sorry to hear that man :(

DarthPaul
July 8th, 2007, 22:41
Hey,don't be sorry.

I'm gonna go upstairs and borrow my little brother's PSP right now! And I'm gonna try this great looking game for sure. I have 3 brothers,and every one of them have his own PSP. And they don't use it. One of them is 4 years old and uses his DS instead..that will be my PSP..:D

Anyway great work here. I hope to see future releases of this. :)

buildit92
July 8th, 2007, 22:48
very good. enmeys are small but very fun.

Xx FightStar xX
July 8th, 2007, 22:49
:)

I'm working on v1.2 right now :) Just added bullet firing , so you can see the bullets you fire :) and the enemys also have it now, so it makes use of the crouching function :)

Buddy4point0
July 8th, 2007, 23:03
looks nice man. you shuld et coder status now

Xx FightStar xX
July 9th, 2007, 02:37
Update -
(not in released version)

Un-killable Enemy/s bug is now gone.

Being excessively drained of health by a enemy that is way way in the distance bug is now gone.

Weapon Selection bug gone (would happen if you picked up the sniper before the machine gun , then after picking the machine gun up , you couldn't select the sniper again)

Player shooting bullets and enemy shooting bullets is now in :)

So overall great progress tonight :D I can work on the other features now :)

D0N
July 9th, 2007, 12:10
Very nice job. Can't wait for an update! :thumbup:

ORGAN
July 9th, 2007, 16:50
Its cool what they are going
But the game is not worth the space
on my 4GB mem card right now

I hope that they keep working on it

Xx FightStar xX
July 9th, 2007, 22:45
Update - Enemys "Overlapping" each other bug is now gone too :)

Camping bug is gone - bug where you could just wait at the start of the level and complete it.

New features added too :) I don't want to give those away until I release V1.2 though :D

voorheesda
July 10th, 2007, 03:10
Iam gonna have to try this...Keep up the fancy working !

Goemon4
July 10th, 2007, 05:34
Right now its kidna boring, but a great start, has alot of potential. Cant wait for updates, keep it up, thanks!

titch.ryan
July 10th, 2007, 11:33
fighstar heres an idea for you to add.

have the crosshair controlled by analog nub.

also fix the error where if you move to the left at start the images blits next to a lrge black rectangle.