PDA

View Full Version : Jap Lumines Patched Already

wraggster
July 8th, 2007, 21:36
Word has reached our ears that Lumines is already been patched and is shipping with 3.50 firmware on it.

All unpatched Lumines versions will have a 1.50 firmware update on it.

Sony catching on quick with this hack .

l33t_haxz0r
July 8th, 2007, 21:41
wow sony is mad i guess or something..

Shrygue
July 8th, 2007, 21:43
Tha was quick, however I expected Sony would start patching up the first Lumines game sometime anyway. I must think of getting an unpatched copy soon....

Cokemusic
July 8th, 2007, 22:10
One would think that it's a stupid thing to do considering that most retailers in the UK don't even stock the first lumines game ( with the exception of those that sel pre-owned titles) so patching a game that isn't sold by stores is kinda pointless.

But one thing that does make sense is causing confusion amongst PSP owners , I bought lumines for the PSP 3.5 downgrade rather than buying GTA because the method of recognising the dif versions was too confusing for me to even want to understand.

kyyubidx
July 8th, 2007, 22:18
i ordered the platinum version today from amazon... am i at risk???

cozy
July 8th, 2007, 22:26
I`ve got two copies may sell one later PM me if u want one :)

kyyubidx
July 8th, 2007, 22:30
i will, thanks man... but still am i at risk? i'll cancel d order right away

burrito
July 8th, 2007, 22:59
All unpatched Lumines versions will have a 1.50 firmware update on it.
My unpatched umd has no update...

Buddy4point0
July 8th, 2007, 23:02
haha. patched. well im glad i bought TWO unpatched lumines. ill sell them for a profit when demand gets high

kyyubidx
July 8th, 2007, 23:06
i still ain't got an answer =P... plzz...

Triv1um
July 8th, 2007, 23:13
This is stupid.

The game didn't sell, we find a good use for the shit game. They stop it.

if they made unpatched and kept stocked up. It would sell big!

patching a shit unsellable game is idiotic.

stubburn to there ways are sony.

kyyubidx
July 8th, 2007, 23:18
lol... its not like the game is bad... its one of the 5 best for the psp (if you like the style of course), fact is the game is so rare now that i don't know where to turn... i tried to buy it on ebay but richer guys than me outbid me... now i bought it on amazon but i'm afraid they'll send me a patched one.....

Triv1um
July 8th, 2007, 23:23
Its the jap lumines if you read the title.

I doubt you will get the patched one, but I though they was out of stock. So who knows when they will get there next stock in, could be when they ship the patched ones.

kyyubidx
July 8th, 2007, 23:30
in their site it said it would take 2-4 weeks for it to ship... it should be here middle of this month... but now i'm afraid :S

mcdougall57
July 8th, 2007, 23:43
i ordered the platinum version today from amazon... am i at risk???

not really unless its from japan which i doubt if you bought it from amazon uk or america

and i why have they done this since i have never seen retailers stock this item in the uk, but i suppose their will be high demand when word goes around of this hack

kyyubidx
July 8th, 2007, 23:50
its a shame this exploit was found on a rare game, cuz its hard to get... i'm a HUGE homebrew fan: appz, emus, games i do it all... but ever since i HAD to send my psp to warranty i can't enjoy any of it... that's why i want lumines so badly...

burrito
July 9th, 2007, 00:02
its a shame this exploit was found on a rare game, cuz its hard to get... i'm a HUGE homebrew fan: appz, emus, games i do it all... but ever since i HAD to send my psp to warranty i can't enjoy any of it... that's why i want lumines so badly...
Go to a store in the middle of nowhere. Yesterday I was traveling, and stopped at a town in the middle of nowhere and saw a Circuit City. They had 3 Lumines umds for $13 each. Or you can try a used game store like EB Games, FYE, or The Exchange.

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 00:07
i know this is is going to sound real weird but i DO live in the middle of nowhere (for the record - i never said this) and i went to my town and 2 cities nearby, to a total of 15 videogame stores and i couldn't get it anywhere... see how despearate i am?

mikebeaver
July 9th, 2007, 00:10
also if your in the UK try place slike Blockbuster Video, Choices Video, Game, gamestation, local independent traders, shop windows etc, if all else fails then go to ebay, you can guarantee to get one there, but you are looking at around £20+ and then postage on top of that.

Also, I believe the update is probably the 3.51 from sony on the new Jap UMD's, if it was the 3.50 version that it says in the original post then it wouldnt really solve anything, as the exploit ios in all firmwares upto 3.50.

Mike..

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 00:17
now its public: how about a poll?
who here thinks i should still buy the game from amazon?

felonyr301
July 9th, 2007, 00:22
even if it comes with firmware 3.5 the whole point is that they block the part they used on the game to allow unsigned code to pass.

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 00:26
that's the news right? the new lumines doesn't allow to dg, right?

Safari Al
July 9th, 2007, 00:48
that's the news right? the new lumines doesn't allow to dg, right?

yes the new jap. one shouldn't allow you to dg

Cokemusic
July 9th, 2007, 00:53
The Firmware included is probbaly an extra security measure alongside blocking the exploit.

As for buying Lumines , I got mine of ebay for £22 ($44 give or take ) I intend to sell it right after I downgrade for £30 ($60) and include this juicy little story alongside to scare those customers.

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 00:56
i'm in panic right now... my hard earned money is at stake :S

Cokemusic
July 9th, 2007, 01:01
I really wouldn't worry about it that much PATCHED LUMINES = 0% Demand , Amazon aren't that stupid and have probably notice the demand is due to the Lumines exploit , they'd have done some research on this if they were smart about it.

Plus worrying won't change the outcome.

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 01:06
lmao... u got a point... but i don't have that much € so its normal i'm so taken aback by this...

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 04:13
I Got The Game On Ebay!! $38 Hoooorah!

Veskgar
July 9th, 2007, 05:30
My unpatched umd has no update...

Yeah, Lumines was a launch game in North America and it only needed 1.00 firmware (even though launch PSP's had 1.50) -- There should not be an update on the unpatched Lumines UMD.

You just really need to be quick when an exploit like that is discovered. Like, within hours quick just to be safe. That's what I did and I scored a brand spankin new copy for cheap.

Cokemusic
July 9th, 2007, 09:18
I'm starting to have second thoughts about selling Lumines :( , I think i'll hold on to it just in case I need to rever to official firmware.

ish420ism
July 9th, 2007, 18:25
I can't even find an old copy of lumines in stores anywhere?? and I'm not paying too much for an old game.

Sketchy
July 9th, 2007, 19:09
i still ain't got an answer =P... plzz...

That depends buddy, do ya live in Japan?? If not then not as far as i no.

From this i gather that the EU and US versions still need to be patched :thumbup:

I can't even find an old copy of lumines in stores anywhere?? and I'm not paying too much for an old game.

Unfortunately dude, if the demand gets quite high then it'll be a case of either getting it at an increased price tag or not at all. I think that most ppl here bought multiple copies of it as soon as the Illuminati exploit was discovered, with the sole intention of selling it at perhaps double what was paid for it.........thats wot i did, i got 10 copies :p

kyyubidx
July 9th, 2007, 21:15
well now i got the game on eBay now so =P... good luck to ya ish420ism... try ebay while u can...

Fanjita
July 10th, 2007, 09:34
I think that most ppl here bought multiple copies of it as soon as the Illuminati exploit was discovered, with the sole intention of selling it at perhaps double what was paid for it.........thats wot i did, i got 10 copies :p

Congratulations on making life harder for those who aren't as greedy as you. Disgusting.

kyyubidx
July 10th, 2007, 11:49
that's just what i had thought fanjita its guys like him that made my life misarable to get a copy of the game...