PDA

View Full Version : 7WiN Windowing System for PSP LUA

wraggster
July 8th, 2007, 21:58
News/release from YongoBongo: (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4436.0.html)

7WiN v1.00
PSP Lua Windowing System by Yongobongo

Here is my entry for NeoFlash Summer Compo 2007, it is a LUA Windowing System that supports Multi-Tasking and is fast and easy to use.
I know there have been a few windowing systems written in lua released lately, but i was planning to release a shell i was working on for the Neo compo, except to be honest it sucked

So I made this windowing library
I plan to work on it some more and release a shell using this hopefully before the end of Neo compo

Here is it's current functions:

Code:

Window_New(x, y, w, h, label, icon, func)
Creates a new Window Object. eg. WiNdOw = Window_New(0, 0, 100, 150, "Test", Image.load("winicon.jpg"), test)

Window_Draw(win)
Draws the Window Object. Called before Window_Register(). eg. Window_Draw(WiNdOw)

Window_Register(win)
Registers the Window Object and handles dragging etc. eg. Window_Register(WiNdOw)

Window_Redraw(win)
Redraws the Window Object, usually used when changing window's width, height, label, etc. eg. Window_Redraw(WiNdOw)

Window_Draw(win)
Drags the Window Object.

Window_Alert(x,y,message)
Creates an Alert message in a window. eg. Window_Alert(0,0,"HI!")

Window_Get_ID(win)
Gets the numerical ID of a window. eg. var = Window_Get_ID(win)

Window_Show_Focused()
Shows the Window Object on focus. Must be called within the main loop AFTER all other window object rendering. (note: you must specify 'OnFocus' string before a loop as a Window you want to start as focused)

Button_New(where, w, h, x, y, label, action)
Creates a new Button Object. eg. Butt0n = Button_New(screen,100,150,0,0,"Test",test)

Button_Draw(btn)
Draws the Button Object. Called before Button_Register(). eg. Button_Draw(Butt0n)

Button_Register(btn)
Registers the Button Object and handles clicks, mouseovers etc. eg. Button_Register(Butt0n)
*NOTE: btn.overEffect decides whether the button uses mouse-over effects. This slows down your application a little bit if set to true, but allows mouseover effects. By default, it is set to false.

Button_Register_In_Window(btn)
Button_Register(), but windows are supported. Usually used when using a button in a window. eg. Button_Register_In_Window(Butt0n)

Button_Redraw(btn)
Redraws the Button Object, usually used when changing a button's size or label. eg. Button_Reraw(Butt0n)

Draw_Borders(image,w,h)
Draws borders around an image. This function is used to draw Window and Button object bordering.

Cursor()
Creates and handles the cursor. Used within the main loop of your application.

Cursor_Click(x,y,object)
Checks if the cursor clicks on something. eg. if Cursor_Click(0,0,Butt0n.button) then break end

Cursor_MouseOver(x,y,object)
Checks if the cursor is on something. eg. if Cursor_MouseOver(0,0,Butt0n.button)

CheckBox_New(where, x, y)
Creates a new CheckBox Object. eg. n00b = CheckBox_New(WindowsXP.content, 10, 10)

CheckBox_Draw(box)
Draws the CheckBox. eg. CheckBox_Draw(box)

CheckBox_Redraw(box)
Reraws the CheckBox. eg. CheckBox_Redraw(box)

CheckBox_Register(box)
Registers the CheckBox and handles clicks etc. eg. CheckBox_Register(box)

CheckBox_Register_In_Window(box, win)
Registers the CheckBox but has support for Windows. eg. CheckBox_Register_In_Window(box, Window)

CheckBox_Ticked(box)
Returns True or False (boolean). eg. if CheckBox_Ticked(checkb0x) then break end

I have included a sample desktop environment for it with the app, so you can try it and so it will help you learn how to use the library.
The sample has a Pong game, a music player demo, a pretty bad paint app and a test window with buttons in it that.. do stuff

Also, this runs best on LuaPlayer 0.16

Hope you enjoy this program and library and hope you find it useful!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 22:17
Cool, could grow into window$ with lua apps instead of processes.. 0_o

zheg_pagaza
July 8th, 2007, 22:33
screenshot!!!

Buddy4point0
July 8th, 2007, 23:05
great library!
this seems like it would be great to use with a vista simulator or a shell. wow, i might check this out because it sounds veryy cool man

ish420ism
July 9th, 2007, 18:21
A lot of LUA apps for the psp. Is the lua language that good to program with. I been looking at darkbasic recently. is that a waste of time or is there a possibility to code for the psp in the DB professional. What's the difference???