PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL++Beta quick save state and autofire patch

wraggster
July 9th, 2007, 06:43
DaveX has released a new version of the Snes emulator for the PSP with 2 new features:

Hello everyone!

First at all, I want to thanks to YoyoFR and Laxer3a (Snes9x Tyl original
main coders) for their excellent work and make it public available.
Also I want to thanks Ruka for his fix to save states in ME version.

This patch to Ruka's Snes9xTYL++ adds two (possibly useful) features:

1) Quick save state [press RTRIGGER + SELECT] and
quick load state[ RTRIGGER + START]

2) Auto-fire [Available in CONTROLS main menu]

Greetings to all of you.
DAVEX

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via davex (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1662592&postcount=1)

CaptainMorgan4
July 9th, 2007, 06:48
It's just a patch, I'll download it my PSP needs to be taken off the charger (been there for 2 days), need to keep testing that new battery (check sig).

edit: Yeah the qucik save state and load is fun and easy to use if you don't want to go to the menu alot, thanks alot for this patch! On a side note anyone know when the next version of Snes9xTYL is comming out, it's been a couple months since that update right?

parkermauney
July 9th, 2007, 06:53
Does yoyofr care if people mod snes9x?
I know exophase got pissed about it.

reakt
July 9th, 2007, 08:58
Does yoyofr care if people mod snes9x?
I know exophase got pissed about it.

I don't expect so. It's been over a year since there's been an official release from yoyofr himself. Also, snes9xtyl is released under GPL, and he releases the source code as well. This means that modifications can be made to the source, providing these modifications are published along with any binary release.

tophead420
July 9th, 2007, 11:42
Sweet I may give this a try when i wake up but for now time for sleep. Good job man.

Snk_Master
July 9th, 2007, 12:45
Looks good thx^^

ian h
July 9th, 2007, 13:18
havent used snes 9xtyl for a while been using gpsp to play the games that i played on snes, with irshell and gpsp u can listen to your own music while playing games on gpsp with no gaps in sound or loss of performance

drock82
July 9th, 2007, 14:16
does this fix the issue when loading saves the music wont be lost:confused:

mcdougall57
July 9th, 2007, 15:03
nice release though id love to see a speed increase

Balthasar00
July 9th, 2007, 15:17
wow yeah! quicksave is really nice! thx

homemade
July 9th, 2007, 16:18
havent used snes 9xtyl for a while been using gpsp to play the games that i played on snes, with irshell and gpsp u can listen to your own music while playing games on gpsp with no gaps in sound or loss of performance

Do you know how 2 turn off the music and leave the sound effect for gpsp? Or do u have 2 play your own music over the games music?

Buddy4point0
July 9th, 2007, 16:25
great! guick saving and loading can be extreamly usful on dificult levels

Sonicboy 101
July 9th, 2007, 16:30
Great feature, thanks!

gslop
July 9th, 2007, 16:58
very nice update

ish420ism
July 9th, 2007, 18:06
there were a lot of bugs with the ME++ version earlier this year. Have these bugs been addressed??

drock82
July 9th, 2007, 19:40
the problem i hated most was the fact that u lose the music everytime u load a save state-again is this issue fixed:confused:

felonyr301
July 9th, 2007, 20:12
^^^^^ that's what I want to know is it fixed?

xg917
July 9th, 2007, 21:00
is this beter than the original version?

ian h
July 9th, 2007, 23:26
Do you know how 2 turn off the music and leave the sound effect for gpsp? Or do u have 2 play your own music over the games music?

you can turn off game music by accessing gpsp configuration menu then select the top option "graphics and sound options" then change audio output setting to "no" and then only your music will play and not the games own music.im pretty sure you cant keep only the sound effects and listen to music, you probably could change the settings in some games but not all by going to settings in the actual game and turning game music down and turning sound effects up.

Sharpy
July 9th, 2007, 23:30
I haven't tried this yet but do the numbers that appear in the top corner of the Ruka beta still appear in this? These are awesome new features nonetheless, so great release to DAVEX, thanks.

mungrin
July 10th, 2007, 02:01
i wish this emu was faster

BelmontSlayer
July 12th, 2007, 06:08
This version gets rid of the numbers in the upper-right!

DamageInc
July 17th, 2007, 22:51
hey, im really new to this, just so you know.

I downloaded this, put it on my psp, and when i try to play it, i get an error. I dont know what im doing wrong. Oh, and my psp is ver.1.5

giggity giggity goo
August 14th, 2007, 08:50
yeah you need ruka's snes9x release... the only problem is ruka's site no longer has a link so you and everyone else who doesn't have it yet is screwed...

this is why i hate third party homebrew release links

thanks