PDA

View Full Version : Console Grab v1.0 release

Anonymous D
July 9th, 2007, 18:01
This is my first lua release i have been learning lua for around 2 weeks now .

Console Grab v1.0
controls:
d pad=move hand
triangle=exit
x = grab or confirm
circle = increase hand speed
square = decrease hand speed
L = increase console speed
R = decrease console speed

thanks to:
themepsp for the backgrounds
flashkit for sound effects
evilmana for tutorials
dcemu forum members for answerng my questions

Place folder in psp/game150 or psp/game with 1.50 as you game kernel. 1.5 users will need to kxploit the eboot.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x170/Anonymous_D/screenshot.jpg

attatchments seem not to be working so heres a different link to the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?as9g6z3pzvm

the purpose of the game is to catch the consoles as they fly by.
increasing the console speed means more points when you catch one , increasing hand speed lowers the points.
decreasing the hand speed means more points, decreasing the console speed means less points.

parkermauney
July 9th, 2007, 19:35
How do you play?
What's the purpose of the game?

Anonymous D
July 9th, 2007, 19:39
to catch the consoles as they fly by.
increasing the console speed means more points when you catch one , increasing hand speed lowers the points.
decreasing the hand speed means more points, decreasing the cvonsle speed means less point.

when a console flys by press x to grab it

parkermauney
July 9th, 2007, 19:41
Okay, I might try this when I have time.

Safari Al
July 9th, 2007, 22:11
Is this your first lua game and if so good job! Where'd you learn to get the consoles to scroll up?

Anonymous D
July 9th, 2007, 22:30
from evil mana and just generally exploiting various excamples on there. glad you like it. my next project is a side scrolling shooter, but im having problems (see "image limit in lua?" thread in psp dev section). aplogies for the menu quality i had to compress them to jpgs as i kept getting crashes using pngs.

JKKDARK
July 9th, 2007, 22:39
OMG catch a PS3! This one isn't cheap! Good job in your first game, Anonymous D ;)

Anonymous D
July 9th, 2007, 22:41
thanks JKKDARK, i was careful to include all 3 consoles and both handhelds lol

-Xandu-
July 9th, 2007, 22:46
Congratulations on your first game, I'd be happy to help you with the next version of the game. Just PM me with any questions you got ;).

Anonymous D
July 9th, 2007, 22:50
once again thanks, ill be needing some help with my next project. (see "image limit in lua?" thread in psp dev section) I could really do with someone checking the code through for me

Buddy4point0
July 10th, 2007, 00:08
thats pretty sweet, but you should not be able to slow down them unless you et a powerup. and you should put like something really crappy theat if you grab it it lowers yourpoints

Anonymous D
July 10th, 2007, 11:38
yeh i tihnk in the next revision ill assign the abilaty to slow the objects to a certain points value, and possbly add time bonuses for certain points levels

EDIT : do i get lua coder status for releasing stuff? or do i have to have a few games out b4 i get that?