PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Xandu's Media Player 2 BETA Finally released at GBAX 2007 Competition!!

-Xandu-
July 9th, 2007, 21:56
Finally here, Xandu's Media Player 2 finally made public after I've worked hard on this baby!, at GBAX 2007 competition (http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html), don't forget to vote ;).

Information:
Turn your PSP into an iPod now! XMP2 is a huge update to XMP1 with lots and lots of features!

Features:
-Supported formats: MP3,WAV,MOD,S3M,IT and more!
-iPod graphics (including animated songbar)
-iPod clickwheel using analog
-Mp3 streaming (which means you can load up huge sized Mp3s)
-Music Quiz
-Album Art
-ID3 tags
-iTunes friendly (song info)
-Lyrics functional
-And much more inside!!..

Don't forget to check out the PDF user manual included inside ;).

Screenshots:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0050.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0043.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0044.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0046.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0047.png

Special thanks to:
Homer - For his great help and support.
GBAX and Emuholic for sponsoring XMP.
YoungLink(Cloud Kun) - For BETA testing, sorry for all the people who didn't PBeta test.

GBAX entry page. (http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html)

Hope you like it :).

Give feedback via comments.

Important Notes:
-Make sure it's in PSP/GAME150 to work perfectly.
-Make sure your music is in PSP/MUSIC or MUSIC (either of them Mp3s outside subfolders if you want them to appear in Music Quiz)
-Read the User Manual troubleshooting section. ;)
-Make sure your files don't have foreign characters (Chinese or Japanese for example).

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/DN-1.png (http://gbax.gp2x.de/entries/gbax2007/Xandus_Media_Player_2_BETA1.1.rar)

rbervoets
July 9th, 2007, 22:15
This is nice thanks alot !

Do you think i could add this to my site?

http://www.mypsphomepage.com/gb/psphomebrew

you will get full credit of course!

DarthPaul
July 9th, 2007, 22:24
Dude,-Xandu- .. I've been waiting for this thing to come out for so long.. I really want to try this!! And my PSP bricked... I'm missing so much. :(
But thanks for this! Great work and I'll download anyway,I know I'll have a PSP soon[buying it or else],I just couldn't live without one. Keep this up and good luck in your future projects.

Sonicboy 101
July 9th, 2007, 22:24
Nice app, i'll have to try this out. :)

kcajblue
July 9th, 2007, 22:26
nice work.
ill be sure to try this out as well.

Xx FightStar xX
July 9th, 2007, 22:30
Wow fabulous release :)

Well done :D

You certainly proved the critics wrong :)

Anonymous D
July 9th, 2007, 22:33
looking good -Xandu- trying this now!

mat_dizzy
July 9th, 2007, 22:42
yay ive been waiting for this!! :D

pspfan
July 9th, 2007, 22:48
Wow, looks great, and much improved from the last one. Great job and I'll be trying it soon.

mat_dizzy
July 9th, 2007, 22:49
hmm not what i thought it would be, there r several bugs but its still beta ;p

-Xandu-
July 9th, 2007, 22:57
Post the bugs you find here, they will be fixed in the next version.

Hope you like XMP :).

D0N
July 9th, 2007, 22:57
Looks sweet Xandu, gonna try it out now! :)

Dillvill92
July 9th, 2007, 23:02
wow ty, how do you get itunes to detect your psp?

tvrstl
July 9th, 2007, 23:03
yeah! nice exandu, but it freezes a lot,

can't get it to play music or to play more than one quiz

written on psp and therefore I don`t bother rewriting of wrong written words

-Xandu-
July 9th, 2007, 23:11
Notes:
Make sure it's in PSP/GAME150 to work perfectly.
Make sure your music is in PSP/MUSIC or MUSIC (either of them Mp3s outside subfolders)
Read the User Manual troubleshooting section. ;)

Dillvill92
July 9th, 2007, 23:44
they are there, it still dosn't show, there in music rite now, i will try to put them in psp music. also, how do i sync it with itunes?

EDIT!!! it only worked for me in psp/music not in music.

-Xandu-
July 9th, 2007, 23:49
XMP searches for music files in PSP/MUSIC first, then MUSIC, so it's better to put them in PSP/MUSIC.

The reason why it crashed with tvrstl may be because he has other characters in his songs, like for example:

ウェブ.mp3, which will not show up, therefore crash.
So try not to be Chinese or Japanese :p.

Cloud-Kun
July 9th, 2007, 23:53
In other words, the song title needs to be in English :)

mikedeezy
July 9th, 2007, 23:57
so how do i get itunes to detect the psp?

mikedeezy
July 10th, 2007, 00:03
also maybe you can get the gfx cleaner but im sure you already thought of that.

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 00:04
so how do i get itunes to detect the psp?

On iTunes:
Click File > Add folder to library > Choose your PSP Music folder.

mikedeezy
July 10th, 2007, 00:06
hey xandu, so you cant play the songs by albums or folders? also can you gt on aim id like to talk to you real quick if you can.

Buddy4point0
July 10th, 2007, 00:07
looking great thanks!
im downloading it now and it seems really cool. though i dont know about the crapy ass fonts shit where you have the song list.

Cloud-Kun
July 10th, 2007, 00:10
He, just went offline on msn right now, he'll be on tomorrow, sorry i cant help. ^^

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 00:16
You can view folders and albums, they just won't show up in the Music Quiz, only the Music Library for now ;).

I'll be on MSN/AIM tomorrow maybe.

mikedeezy
July 10th, 2007, 00:19
will it play palylists? so we can have folders in there? also in the future do you plan to add all features of an ipod?

tvrstl
July 10th, 2007, 00:36
well, it's got to be my psp, cause everything's just as you said/wrote. without japanese fonts too, anyway! great work!:) I'll make it work tomorrow

EDIT: Btw, Darthpaul, does OE support the picture way for hen? if so, maby a coder can make it flash a recovery mode instead? but if your psp runs pics ofcours

Cloud-Kun
July 10th, 2007, 00:46
tvrstl

can you take a screenshot of the files in your music folder?

Shiori
July 10th, 2007, 00:50
Wait, So I'm correct in assuming that this can take the songs from my ipod and play them on my psp?

tvrstl
July 10th, 2007, 00:53
tomorrow, have no access to any pc right now.

and sorry for makin this an allmost double post, and oftopic at last post

Cloud-Kun
July 10th, 2007, 01:01
i'm not sure, Xandu, will either be on tomorrow, and if he isnt then i'll see if i can get him on msn.

sorry for not being able to help :(

Shiori
July 10th, 2007, 01:02
Okay, Installed.

It completely sucks.

Just stick to your XMB media player. Its worlds beyond this.

This doesn't even support folders, the sampling rate is poor, the ID3 tag read is not there, or at best wrong. No equalizer. Its also slow, and buggy.

Stick to the sony XMB. This currently offers nothing better than what the PSP is installed with...

Cloud-Kun
July 10th, 2007, 01:13
This is just outta beta'ing, give it time. Dont just judge it by first glance.

also, he might be adding things to it.

Shiori
July 10th, 2007, 01:16
I just cannot see any reason for this. The sony psp pre-install is worlds beyond this.

If this software cannot play the music from my ipod, it is not turning my psp into an ipod... It just feels to me like very bitter promices.

tvrstl
July 10th, 2007, 01:17
a bit to early released?

well, anyway, if he continues to develop it,this app could be very handy, and it looks vell too!!

Shiori
July 10th, 2007, 01:18
If it becomes better than what I already have, I will support it.

But currently it is - 123 points from what I already have.

Cloud-Kun
July 10th, 2007, 01:24
Yeah, but dont be forgetting that this is an app, not editing th built in psp music player, so thats your opinion, i thinks it's a really good app, and if he's gonna be adding to ti then that will be a good extra :)

Squidman
July 10th, 2007, 01:41
just some minor bugs [excellent job btw]

it greatly dislikes Korn's 2007 sampler music, crashes on both of the songs.

My Chemical Romance - Helena 3:22, on this app, 23:51; but it still switches at the "regular" time

ID3 Tag not always read

switching songs is buggy as it does not entirely stop the playback of the song before switching [you hear jumpy noises then it plays the next song in selection]

pressing "Select" crashes it and makes you "press start to restart"

"Click Wheel" with analog, function, but buggy [while turning to go down, it'll go up sometimes]

awkward noise before starting a song

song playback is not continued in menus [not included for saving RAM?]

all being ran out of the GAME folder

and a question...what is with the WMP skin in the "Files" folder?

and Shiori, just cause you dont' like it doesn't meen that you gotta tell other ppl to use the the XMB version, this is an AIP [alternative in progress]

Broonale
July 10th, 2007, 01:49
This is a cool start!

Sub-folder support is a must for me to use it, though.

watupgroupie
July 10th, 2007, 02:20
This an awesome concept and i like what you released to show us what it'll hopefully shape up into. Everyone who's saying this is a bad release should shut themselves in a hole and never come out. This is a beta or proof of concept. This is basicially what he aims for. I can't wait for a non crashing release and maybe some sub menu support. I don't know if this is possible but maybe ipod video support and album artwork. Now that would just blow me away. Keep it up xuandu :)

Safari Al
July 10th, 2007, 02:22
Xandu this is freakin amazing finally!!! Great work i really appreciate this

People give this app time its just a first release beta. It will in good time evolve into a very good app. I can tell

aznflameboy
July 10th, 2007, 03:02
Great work and all but is there wma support? Cuz thats the thing that im rly lookin forward to cuz memory is very valuable on the PSP for most ppl w/ small memory sticks. And i do also have a lot of chinese and japanese songs, so for now i wont dwnload it, but great job anyways.

voorheesda
July 10th, 2007, 03:05
Damn this app is something else! Great work :) Ill be having fun with this :)

pspfan
July 10th, 2007, 04:03
Good job, HUGE improvement from before, still some things to work on though (but I think I will be keeping this one on my PSP, unlike the last one):

Bugs:

-The font for some of the things is worse than other parts. Specifically, the song number like "25 of 29" looks fine and so does the filename, but the time like "0:27......................04:10" looks worse (it's not as clean). The same less-clean font is used for the songs in the Library screen, Music Quiz, Settings, and main menu. Why is this? Can it be fixed? If not maybe just a thinner font would get rid of the choppiness. I think if this were fixed it would look MUCH cleaner, much more professional, and much more awesome :p

-This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot. When you go to the next track and it has sound at the very beginning (instead of being quiet and then playing sound) it seems to play it a few times like it gets a little screwed up, but if you just listen to the song before it instead of going to the next track it seems to play fine...so it's weird. Like I said, that was kind of hard to explain. (Edit: Squidman mentioned this in his 5th paragraph)

-The same kind of bug that I just mentioned happens when you are going next track or previous track while sound is playing in the song. A possible fix might be to pause (or stop) the song before going to the next track, and then play the next song.

-When you play a song, and then go next track a few times, and then go back to the library screen, the selected song is still on the first one you played. Could it be fixed so the highlighter/selector thing could be on the song last played?

-The pause and play icons in the corner don't blend in with the background. I figure I could fix this myself, but then the problem would still exist for everyone else. Could be a quick fix, but should be low on the priority list when making updates to this great program.

-Also, the play icon doesn't show in a song until you pause it and then unpause it. I think on a normal iPod it's always there when playing. This is a very small bug and should be super low on the priorities for updates.

-When in the Library screen and on the first song, the scrollbar isn't at the top. Instead, there are two scrollbars, one above the top end of the scrollbar, and the other not quite at the top. Not a huge bug but would be nice to have fixed for a more professional look.

-The slide transition only happens when going from Library to Now Playing or visa versa (it doesn't happen when going from the main screen to Music Library, or to Music Quiz, or to Settings or visa versa)

-The analog clickwheel effect doesn't work in the Music Quiz or the Settings.

-When you finish the last song in the list it should go back to the first one (currently it just stops). Similarly, when you are on the last song if you go to the next track it should also go back to the first one.

Suggestions:

-When you push left on D-pad while a song is playing to go to the Library, the music should keep playing while you navigate the menu. That would be very good, and is the top priority for updates in my opinion. If this is not accomplished, it would be nice if it at least remembered the minutes and seconds of the song so when you went back to the song it could resume from where it stopped, but it would be much nicer to just have it playing while you scrolled through the menus.

-Add fast forward and rewind. If it's too hard, how about a "skip 15 seconds ahead/behind" feature?

-Add an option to sort the songs alphabetically. What are the sorted by now? It doesn't seem to be date, or size, or name...

-Add support for non-iTunes Tags...didn't they used to be supported, or am I imagining that? I'd love this because I don't have iTunes. The XMB can read the tags fine, and my brother's iPod Nano can see them fine, so what is the difference between these tags and the way iTunes does them?

-In the now playing screen, cut off the .mp3 on the filename. Maybe others like it, but I don't. You could add an option to include the file extension. This is not a biggie, though, and should be very low on the priorities.

-Lastly, Reorganize the main menu to be: Music, Photos, Extras, Games, Settings, Shuffle Songs. In "Music" have the submenu be: Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, Composers. In Photos have the submenu be Slideshow Settings. For Extras: Clock, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Stopwatch, Screen Lock. For Games: Brick, Music Quiz, Parachute, Solitaire. For Settings: About (Songs, Photos, Capacity, Available, Version), Shuffle, Repeat, Clicker, Date & Time, Contacts, Language, Legal. Hahah JK, then we'd have a full out iPod.

-But anyway, some nice features would be Playlists, Sort by Artist/Song (this could be done using the tags or using the filenames if all songs are named Artist - Song), Clock with Date and Time, Brick (aka Breakout, playable while listening to music--that'd be sick), maybe Solitaire (same deal about being playable on top pf the music).

Question:

-Is the song bar animated on a regular iPod? If not then I think if you took it out you could free up memory (only if it's needed to fix or add some of the stuff I mentioned before).

Wow that was a long report...if you like it I could be a beta tester haha.

P.S. Nice User Guide.

parkermauney
July 10th, 2007, 05:27
Yeah, I noticed some of the fonts are randomly aliased. ?

And how do I vote at the gbax site?

splodger15
July 10th, 2007, 06:38
Yesssss

Thanks Xandu on this release

idan6767
July 10th, 2007, 07:19
it's nice, but i dont like the way the text look like.

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 07:45
Okay, Installed.

It completely sucks.

Just stick to your XMB media player. Its worlds beyond this.

This doesn't even support folders, the sampling rate is poor, the ID3 tag read is not there, or at best wrong. No equalizer. Its also slow, and buggy.

Stick to the sony XMB. This currently offers nothing better than what the PSP is installed with...

It does have folder support, it does have ID3 support, it's not slow..
You can't compare official to homebrew..

pressing "Select" crashes it and makes you "press start to restart"
Select doesn't "crash" it, that's a restart button.

The "click-wheel" bug might be your analog, it works fine here.

Btw, this is just BETA as you can see, and plus I don't have an iPod, so thanks for your suggestions, I'll work on some of them in future releases ;).

parkermauney
July 10th, 2007, 07:56
How do I vote for your app at the gbax site? I would like to know.

pspfan
July 10th, 2007, 07:57
Xandu, what about my detailed report? No comments :(

Robert de Clair
July 10th, 2007, 08:03
Im requesting for support 3.40 OE (because of 8GB MS Card)

end of testing :(

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 08:12
parkermauney: Sadly, it's closed for voting and the guys at GBAEmu and Emuholic will judge.

Robert de Clair: it does work on OE, just make sure it's in GAME150 not GAME.

pspfan:

Good job, HUGE improvement from before, still some things to work on though (but I think I will be keeping this one on my PSP, unlike the last one):

Bugs:

-The font for some of the things is worse than other parts. Specifically, the song number like "25 of 29" looks fine and so does the filename, but the time like "0:27......................04:10" looks worse (it's not as clean). The same less-clean font is used for the songs in the Library screen, Music Quiz, Settings, and main menu. Why is this? Can it be fixed? If not maybe just a thinner font would get rid of the choppiness. I think if this were fixed it would look MUCH cleaner, much more professional, and much more awesome :p Might Be fixed in the future

-This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot. When you go to the next track and it has sound at the very beginning (instead of being quiet and then playing sound) it seems to play it a few times like it gets a little screwed up, but if you just listen to the song before it instead of going to the next track it seems to play fine...so it's weird. Like I said, that was kind of hard to explain. (Edit: Squidman mentioned this in his 5th paragraph) Will be fixed

-The same kind of bug that I just mentioned happens when you are going next track or previous track while sound is playing in the song. A possible fix might be to pause (or stop) the song before going to the next track, and then play the next song. It does do that, maybe the previous bug is the problem

-When you play a song, and then go next track a few times, and then go back to the library screen, the selected song is still on the first one you played. Could it be fixed so the highlighter/selector thing could be on the song last played? Will be fixed

-The pause and play icons in the corner don't blend in with the background. I figure I could fix this myself, but then the problem would still exist for everyone else. Could be a quick fix, but should be low on the priority list when making updates to this great program. Will be fixed

-Also, the play icon doesn't show in a song until you pause it and then unpause it. I think on a normal iPod it's always there when playing. This is a very small bug and should be super low on the priorities for updates.Will be fixed

-When in the Library screen and on the first song, the scrollbar isn't at the top. Instead, there are two scrollbars, one above the top end of the scrollbar, and the other not quite at the top. Not a huge bug but would be nice to have fixed for a more professional look. Will be fixed

-The slide transition only happens when going from Library to Now Playing or visa versa (it doesn't happen when going from the main screen to Music Library, or to Music Quiz, or to Settings or visa versa)
Will be fixed in future versions
-The analog clickwheel effect doesn't work in the Music Quiz or the Settings. Will be fixed

-When you finish the last song in the list it should go back to the first one (currently it just stops). Similarly, when you are on the last song if you go to the next track it should also go back to the first one.
Will be fixed

Suggestions:

-When you push left on D-pad while a song is playing to go to the Library, the music should keep playing while you navigate the menu. That would be very good, and is the top priority for updates in my opinion. If this is not accomplished, it would be nice if it at least remembered the minutes and seconds of the song so when you went back to the song it could resume from where it stopped, but it would be much nicer to just have it playing while you scrolled through the menus.You would hear crackling in the song when you navigate (ie. press down/up)

-Add fast forward and rewind. If it's too hard, how about a "skip 15 seconds ahead/behind" feature? Will be added in future versions

-Add an option to sort the songs alphabetically. What are the sorted by now? It doesn't seem to be date, or size, or name...They are sorted by Date Modified

-Add support for non-iTunes Tags...didn't they used to be supported, or am I imagining that? I'd love this because I don't have iTunes. The XMB can read the tags fine, and my brother's iPod Nano can see them fine, so what is the difference between these tags and the way iTunes does them? Your tags have to be ID3 v1 for now

-In the now playing screen, cut off the .mp3 on the filename. Maybe others like it, but I don't. You could add an option to include the file extension. This is not a biggie, though, and should be very low on the priorities.Will be fixed

-Lastly, Reorganize the main menu to be: Music, Photos, Extras, Games, Settings, Shuffle Songs. In "Music" have the submenu be: Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, Composers. In Photos have the submenu be Slideshow Settings. For Extras: Clock, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Stopwatch, Screen Lock. For Games: Brick, Music Quiz, Parachute, Solitaire. For Settings: About (Songs, Photos, Capacity, Available, Version), Shuffle, Repeat, Clicker, Date & Time, Contacts, Language, Legal. Hahah JK, then we'd have a full out iPod.

-But anyway, some nice features would be Playlists, Sort by Artist/Song (this could be done using the tags or using the filenames if all songs are named Artist - Song), Clock with Date and Time, Brick (aka Breakout, playable while listening to music--that'd be sick), maybe Solitaire (same deal about being playable on top pf the music).

Question:

-Is the song bar animated on a regular iPod? If not then I think if you took it out you could free up memory (only if it's needed to fix or add some of the stuff I mentioned before).It is animated on the iPod, plus it doesn't use much RAM ;)

Wow that was a long report...if you like it I could be a beta tester haha.

P.S. Nice User Guide.
All the Will be fixed bugs are small bugs that wouldn't have been there if GBAX deadline wasn't so early :p.
Thanks for your report.

pspfan
July 10th, 2007, 09:12
Thanks for the reply Xandu, I took out all the Will be bixeds and a few other things and wrote back:

-The font for some of the things is worse than other parts. Specifically, the song number like "25 of 29" looks fine and so does the filename, but the time like "0:27......................04:10" looks worse (it's not as clean). The same less-clean font is used for the songs in the Library screen, Music Quiz, Settings, and main menu. Why is this? Can it be fixed? If not maybe just a thinner font would get rid of the choppiness. I think if this were fixed it would look MUCH cleaner, much more professional, and much more awesome Might Be fixed in the future I hope so!

Will be fixed in future versions That's good to hear

-When you push left on D-pad while a song is playing to go to the Library, the music should keep playing while you navigate the menu. That would be very good, and is the top priority for updates in my opinion. If this is not accomplished, it would be nice if it at least remembered the minutes and seconds of the song so when you went back to the song it could resume from where it stopped, but it would be much nicer to just have it playing while you scrolled through the menus.You would hear crackling in the song when you navigate (ie. press down/up) It seems weird that the music is crackly when you navigate in the menu because a lot of homebrew have music on in the backgroud. Is it a lua limitation? Do you think there is any workaround for it? Some way to have enough memory to see the menu and have the song still playing? If not then I hope you can at least implement the alternative fix I mentioned (pausing the song so it remembers where you were and you can go back to that same position). But it really would be nice the other way.

-Add fast forward and rewind. If it's too hard, how about a "skip 15 seconds ahead/behind" feature? Will be added in future versions OK, I'm looking forward to it :)

-Add an option to sort the songs alphabetically. What are the sorted by now? It doesn't seem to be date, or size, or name...They are sorted by Date Modified Oh, when my computer sorts by date modified the list is different, oh well. But like I said, how about an option to sort alphabetically?"

-Add support for non-iTunes Tags...didn't they used to be supported, or am I imagining that? I'd love this because I don't have iTunes. The XMB can read the tags fine, and my brother's iPod Nano can see them fine, so what is the difference between these tags and the way iTunes does them? Your tags have to be ID3 v1 for now Oh, does that mean I'm using ID3 v2 or something like that? Will other kinds ever be supported? And do you know any programs that can put them in ID3 v1 besides iTunes? If not I'll try to find some.

-Lastly, Reorganize the main menu to be: Music, Photos, Extras, Games, Settings, Shuffle Songs. In "Music" have the submenu be: Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, Composers. In Photos have the submenu be Slideshow Settings. For Extras: Clock, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Stopwatch, Screen Lock. For Games: Brick, Music Quiz, Parachute, Solitaire. For Settings: About (Songs, Photos, Capacity, Available, Version), Shuffle, Repeat, Clicker, Date & Time, Contacts, Language, Legal. Hahah JK, then we'd have a full out iPod. this was just a joke :P

-But anyway, some nice features would be Playlists, Sort by Artist/Song (this could be done using the tags or using the filenames if all songs are named Artist - Song), Clock with Date and Time, Brick (aka Breakout, playable while listening to music--that'd be sick), maybe Solitaire (same deal about being playable on top pf the music). Obviously I didn't mean for this stuff to be in the next version, but it would be awesome in the final version. And btw they are listed in my opinion of what is highest priority to lowest

Question:

-Is the song bar animated on a regular iPod? If not then I think if you took it out you could free up memory (only if it's needed to fix or add some of the stuff I mentioned before).It is animated on the iPod, plus it doesn't use much RAM Oh, I guess it's just not animated on my brothers nano because it's too small (or he turned it off in the options somewhere).

Wow that was a long report...if you like it I could be a beta tester haha. I'm just gonna bold that part and leave it in there ;)

P.S. Nice User Guide.

Thanks again, and also good job, and I can't wait for the next release!

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 09:36
Yeah, I was planning on making it a full iPod, I'm not coding everything though :p.

If your ID3 tags don't show up properly, try converting them using iTunes to version 1.0.

Robert de Clair
July 10th, 2007, 10:39
Xandu: it doesnt matter what folder :) ive tried first on default folders GAME150 with kernel 1.50 (but i have a 8GB MS so AFAIK kernel 1.50 doesnt work correctly with 8GB Cards

so if someone have 8gb card - then cant run this program (cause of startup crash) EVEN if folder are GAME150

solution:

dont use a 8GB MS :>
or
create a version supporting 8gb :) (3.40 kernel)

tvrstl
July 10th, 2007, 11:23
i know why It didn't work for me now, doesn't support æ, ø å, or ö ä

aznTerz
July 10th, 2007, 11:24
heyz....
great app...

but wen u scroll all the way down...
to the last song then press down again...
it freezes and u hav to restart ur psp...
does anyone else have this problem?

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 11:30
heyz....
great app...

but wen u scroll all the way down...
to the last song then press down again...
it freezes and u hav to restart ur psp...
does anyone else have this problem?

I don't :p, maybe it's the same problem with Chinese characters since you're Asian? :p

tvrstl
July 10th, 2007, 12:06
I don't :p, maybe it's the same problem with Chinese characters since you're Asian? :p
can you make it support different fonts?

would like to have some songs that contain these letters: ö Ö ä Ä æ Æ ø Ø å Å anything with ~, like Ñ

and asian fonts ofcourse.that would be nice!!:)

DarthPaul
July 10th, 2007, 12:34
-Xandu- I'm surely gonna vote for this!! It's just amazing. I was using it last night with my bro's PSP and yeah it rocks. :D

Off-Topic

Btw, Darthpaul, does OE support the picture way for hen? if so, maby a coder can make it flash a recovery mode instead? but if your psp runs pics ofcours

Huh? Picture way for Hen? :confused:

And yes,it runs pictures..

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 12:39
Thanks for the positive comments folks, I'm glad you liked it :).

myschoo
July 10th, 2007, 14:27
its good that you are still working on this .. gj ;)

but one thing. that font looks bad :D

Basil Zero
July 10th, 2007, 16:42
Nice App dood!!!!

EranExRarne
July 10th, 2007, 18:43
Nice app Xandu, but I just got iPodMock yesterday, so I don't think I'll be using it too much :rofl: .

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 19:38
Nice app Xandu, but I just got iPodMock yesterday, so I don't think I'll be using it too much :rofl: .

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0043.png http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5885/screen979ke1.png
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9306/screen516za5.png

'nuff said :p.

djlenny51
July 10th, 2007, 20:18
dude Xandu please keep working on this, i love to listen to music, and i dont care on which player its on, ur app looks very cool, i tested it out and theres some bugs, its understandable because its beta, i hope u keep updating this app, well good luck to u man. have a good one

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 20:45
The reason why it's not EXACTLY like an iPod is because, I don't have an iPod myself, maybe if I can get my hands on one XMP will be full iPod featured ;).

Known bugs as of now:
-Some music are a little bit "weird" when they play at first
-XMP doesn't recognize foreign characters so, make sure you don't have any foreign characters in your files.
-XMP reads the PSP/MUSIC folder, so make sure your Mp3s are there.
-XMP has folder support, make sure you have folders..
-Select button doesn't crash XMP, Select is a reset button..
-XMP currently supports ONLY ID3 v1 for now.

carlitx
July 10th, 2007, 22:29
xandu you are awsom man, i shall use this till' i get my ipod :D

GmDude66
July 11th, 2007, 00:44
It's a great app, but I have a few comments:

1. The font is horrible
2. The blue bar over current selection overlaps other selection at the top and bottom
3. My folders in ms0:\MUSIC\*\song.mp3 are not working (for example ms0:\MUSIC\Alexisonfire\Mailbox Arson.mp3) nothing happens when I press right except a MS blink light, no songs are read from the folder.
4. PLEASE alphabetize the music and folders, just like on iPod and PSP XMB.
5. Faster scrolling (it's a hassle to scroll slowly when you have as much music as me :P)
6. Volume Bar?

Other than those 6 things I love this app!

aznflameboy
July 11th, 2007, 01:11
can some1 answer me if wma works or not?

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 01:18
No if wma wasn't on the supported list then it will not work

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2007, 01:21
Not to sound like an ass so please don't flame me, this defiantly did not stand up to all the hype and certainly not worth the wait.

parkermauney
July 11th, 2007, 01:24
No, if you read the first post, you would've known.

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2007, 01:32
I did read it.

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 01:59
once again its just a beta give it time to develop.

parkermauney
July 11th, 2007, 02:18
I did read it.

I was talking to the dude who asked about the wma support. It got pushed back like 4 posts, lol.

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2007, 02:33
Oh ok sorry about that.

Robert de Clair
July 11th, 2007, 06:34
App look promissing (tested on 4GBMS), but
Xandu please do something for 8GBMS owners :)
just do something to run this aplication in GAME or GAME3xx with 3.xx kernel

-Xandu-
July 11th, 2007, 09:29
It's a great app, but I have a few comments:

1. The font is horrible
2. The blue bar over current selection overlaps other selection at the top and bottom
3. My folders in ms0:\MUSIC\*\song.mp3 are not working (for example ms0:\MUSIC\Alexisonfire\Mailbox Arson.mp3) nothing happens when I press right except a MS blink light, no songs are read from the folder.
4. PLEASE alphabetize the music and folders, just like on iPod and PSP XMB.
5. Faster scrolling (it's a hassle to scroll slowly when you have as much music as me :P)
6. Volume Bar?

Other than those 6 things I love this app!
1. Font will be fixed soon in a future version
2. Will be fixed
3. Bug, working in PSP/MUSIC though
4. Alright ;).
5. I'll add that
6. Okay :p.

And all the other bugs, if I have time today I'll fix them all.

Cheers to all the people who posted those bugs.

Robert de Clair: I don't think I could since I've never owned a 8GB before, sorry.
Why doesn't it work GAME150 and 1.50 Kernel?

EDIT:

Folder bug fixed, the back thing fixed, font finally fixed :D will post a changelog later.

Here's a screenshot of the running XMP in action:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0051.png

juntawflo
July 11th, 2007, 10:42
nice done man very good

GC..
July 11th, 2007, 10:46
Thank you very much for this great app! :thumbup:
Good seeying you fixed and will fix some bugs, I can't wait till you finish :D

Robert de Clair
July 11th, 2007, 12:16
Xandu: a reason? 1.50 does not reading properly 8GB MS a 8gb cards are recognised correctly after i upgrade console to 3.40 so when i can put a player in GAME or GAME340 folder and change kernel to 3.40 then everything seems to be allright, but afaik a player cannot be in other folders than game150

EranExRarne
July 11th, 2007, 12:31
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0043.png http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5885/screen979ke1.png
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9306/screen516za5.png

'nuff said :p.lol.

It DOES look better now that you fixed the font. but the old one was just ugly...

-Xandu-
July 11th, 2007, 12:36
Yeah, I'm glad I fixed the font :).

Bugs are getting fixed at the moment and will be released later today.

Robert de Clair: Alright, I'll look into this.

aznTerz
July 11th, 2007, 12:38
wow.....
the font change certainly made it look way better
cant wait to see the next release

databoy2k
July 11th, 2007, 14:05
Fantastic program - can't wait for the next release!
Just another request for IPod-like categories (scroll through artists, albums, etc.), as well as the faster scrolling feature mentioned a while back.
One more thing - is it possible to implement a points system into the music game? As the counter counts down, the question is worth less and less points, etc? Then if the thing could save your high score, the game would be a little bit more enticing to play.
Keep up the fantastic work - this could become the top media player software on the PSP!

aznTerz
July 11th, 2007, 14:24
umm....
excuse me...
could u make it more of a ipod style thing
forgot wat it was called -_-"
i think it was mentioned before....
could u add more menus because the ipod has more menus...
sorri if this doesnt make sense

Cloudhunter
July 11th, 2007, 14:35
can some1 answer me if wma works or not?

No, and I doubt that it ever will.

Just use the XMB for WMA.

Cloudy

-Xandu-
July 11th, 2007, 14:40
UPDATE: Only two bugs left till 1.2B is released. Stay tuned :p.

aznTerz, menus?

Cloudhunter, yeah, there aren't any plans for WMA at the current time.

Cloudhunter
July 11th, 2007, 14:42

aznTerz, menus?

Not until someone works out how to use the PSP internal decoder ;)

Nice work though, I'll try it out later :)

Cloudy

GmDude66
July 11th, 2007, 15:14
1. Font will be fixed soon in a future version
2. Will be fixed
3. Bug, working in PSP/MUSIC though
4. Alright ;).
5. I'll add that
6. Okay :p.

And all the other bugs, if I have time today I'll fix them all.

Cheers to all the people who posted those bugs.

Robert de Clair: I don't think I could since I've never owned a 8GB before, sorry.
Why doesn't it work GAME150 and 1.50 Kernel?

EDIT:

Folder bug fixed, the back thing fixed, font finally fixed :D will post a changelog later.

Here's a screenshot of the running XMP in action:

OUCH.

Three words:
That is sexy.

Thanks for accepting my suggestions and replying so fast :D

EDIT: Does the scroll bar on the right overlap the battery bar still at first?

EDIT2: This is what I mean:
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9514/battvd2.jpg

-Xandu-
July 11th, 2007, 21:07
Will fix that, thanks for the bug report. Expect XMP2 1.2B to be released soon today ;).

GC..
July 11th, 2007, 21:08
how soon do you mean ;)
cuz in 2 hours it'll be tomorrow :p

parkermauney
July 11th, 2007, 21:49
I think Xandu lives in the states.

GC..
July 11th, 2007, 21:52
I think Xandu lives in the states.

o yeah :p I forgot

Then I'll go to sleep now :D

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 22:19
Lookin good. great job Xandu. Like the new font. Much better than the old one. Don't know why but whenever i load XMp my whole psp freezes and i have to take the battery out. I will reinstall it and report what happens.

-Xandu-
July 11th, 2007, 22:31
No, I'm not American, it's 12:28 AM here. Sorry if I'm a bit late, I was out all day.

Xx FightStar xX
July 11th, 2007, 22:41
Will fix that, thanks for the bug report. Expect XMP2 1.2B to be released soon today ;).

Yay :)

Thanks mate :thumbup:

-Xandu-
July 11th, 2007, 23:02
Due to some.. matters, XMP 1.2B will be delayed a bit further, sorry guys. I'll work on this early tomorrow ;).

Meanwhile, here's a little changelog:
-Font FIXED
-The weird sounds before MP3 plays REDUCED
-When you play a song, and then go next track a few times, and then go back to the library screen, the selected song is still on the first one you played FIXED
-Play/Pause icons now FIXED
-Analog in other menus FIXED
-Music Quiz now shows score
-Scroll bar overlapping (2 scrollbars) FIXED

GmDude66
July 11th, 2007, 23:53
Damn, delay :P

Still, good work!

Safari Al
July 12th, 2007, 01:40
Great news Xandu.

aznTerz
July 12th, 2007, 05:40

aznTerz, menus?

Wat i meant about menus was....
adding more sub menus like wat the ipod has

Music

Extras

Settings

and then adding more sub menus
or something like that...
lolz dw just an idea :D

Xx FightStar xX
July 12th, 2007, 11:44
Wat i meant about menus was....
adding more sub menus like wat the ipod has

Music

Extras

Settings

and then adding more sub menus
or something like that...
lolz dw just an idea :D

it already has a settings option, and a music one.....

Ranmax09
July 12th, 2007, 12:36
Cool, you should add a Volume booster like LightMP3, DJSP, and SimpleAMP.

Thanks Xandu.

GC..
July 12th, 2007, 14:57
it already has a settings option, and a music one.....

What he means is this:

Music
-Playlists
-Artists
-Albums
-Songs
-Genres
-Composers
Photos
-Slideshow Settings
Extras
-Clock
-Contacts
-Calendar
-Notes
-Stopwatch
-Screen Lock
Games
-Brick
-Music Quiz
-Parachute
-Solitaire
Settings
-About
-Shuffle
-Repeat
-Clicker
-Date & Time
-Contacts
-Language
-Legal
Shuffle Songs

lilcrazyaznboy
July 14th, 2007, 03:20
Psp Fan definitely listed all the things i had in mind. This application is not what i expected!!!!!!!!

Bugs:

-The font for some of the things is worse than other parts. Specifically, the song number like "25 of 29" looks fine and so does the filename, but the time like "0:27......................04:10" looks worse (it's not as clean). The same less-clean font is used for the songs in the Library screen, Music Quiz, Settings, and main menu. Why is this? Can it be fixed? If not maybe just a thinner font would get rid of the choppiness. I think if this were fixed it would look MUCH cleaner, much more professional, and much more awesome

-This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot. When you go to the next track and it has sound at the very beginning (instead of being quiet and then playing sound) it seems to play it a few times like it gets a little screwed up, but if you just listen to the song before it instead of going to the next track it seems to play fine...so it's weird. Like I said, that was kind of hard to explain. (Edit: Squidman mentioned this in his 5th paragraph)

-The same kind of bug that I just mentioned happens when you are going next track or previous track while sound is playing in the song. A possible fix might be to pause (or stop) the song before going to the next track, and then play the next song.

-When you play a song, and then go next track a few times, and then go back to the library screen, the selected song is still on the first one you played. Could it be fixed so the highlighter/selector thing could be on the song last played?

-The pause and play icons in the corner don't blend in with the background. I figure I could fix this myself, but then the problem would still exist for everyone else. Could be a quick fix, but should be low on the priority list when making updates to this great program.

-Also, the play icon doesn't show in a song until you pause it and then unpause it. I think on a normal iPod it's always there when playing. This is a very small bug and should be super low on the priorities for updates.

-When in the Library screen and on the first song, the scrollbar isn't at the top. Instead, there are two scrollbars, one above the top end of the scrollbar, and the other not quite at the top. Not a huge bug but would be nice to have fixed for a more professional look.

-The analog clickwheel effect doesn't work in the Music Quiz or the Settings.

Suggestions:

-When you push left on D-pad while a song is playing to go to the Library, the music should keep playing while you navigate the menu. That would be very good, and is the top priority for updates in my opinion. If this is not accomplished, it would be nice if it at least remembered the minutes and seconds of the song so when you went back to the song it could resume from where it stopped, but it would be much nicer to just have it playing while you scrolled through the menus.

-Add fast forward and rewind. If it's too hard, how about a "skip 15 seconds ahead/behind" feature?

-Add an option to sort the songs alphabetically. What are the sorted by now? It doesn't seem to be date, or size, or name...

-Add support for non-iTunes Tags...didn't they used to be supported, or am I imagining that? I'd love this because I don't have iTunes. The XMB can read the tags fine, and my brother's iPod Nano can see them fine, so what is the difference between these tags and the way iTunes does them?

-In the now playing screen, cut off the .mp3 on the filename. Maybe others like it, but I don't. You could add an option to include the file extension. This is not a biggie, though, and should be very low on the priorities.

Question:

-Is the song bar animated on a regular iPod? If not then I think if you took it out you could free up memory (only if it's needed to fix or add some of the stuff I mentioned before).

Psp Fan Says everything!!!!!!

lilcrazyaznboy
July 14th, 2007, 03:32
And yes... A playlist feature would be awesome.

BTW, anyone know if theres a mp3 playlist homebrew for the psp that is out there?

I want a playlist for my psp because i usually listen to music with my psp headphone, and i dont want to take the psp out of my pocket everytime to change music because it looks goofy. Lol. I want it to be able to play the list of music that i selected in the psp. (Like The Ipod).

pspfan
July 14th, 2007, 05:48
lilcrazyaznboy, there is already a new release of this (it has some bug fixes like the font fixed, and some new features like shuffle). Also, LightMP3 has playlist support currently. I think Xandu said sometime that he wanted to add it to his app, too.

-Xandu-
July 14th, 2007, 07:46
Check the new thread, lilcrazyaznboy, it has bugs fixed:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=472480

lilcrazyaznboy
July 14th, 2007, 09:01
Ok, thanks psp fan. Xandu, imma try out the new thread right now!!

Sup Psp
July 14th, 2007, 09:14
Very nice application. But i think your missing a playlist and fastfoward and rewind, and i really think you should forget about the scrolling wheel thing, that is way too slow.. You Mind as well create a regular scrolling, but a really fast one though.

chunkywonky
July 24th, 2007, 23:27
i need help on installing xandu media player because when i open it it restart and say it the game couldnt read i

i am 1.50 fw

-Xandu-
July 24th, 2007, 23:35
i need help on installing xandu media player because when i open it it restart and say it the game couldnt read

Download this version (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=472480) and try again ;).

PS: What firmware are you?

Reflected_God
September 23rd, 2007, 11:21
Hi Xandu

I've been testing this new Beta and I have a suggestion (is not a bug): Is it possible to se remainig time of tracks if I'm listening OGG format??

And.. why when I listen the my first OGG song it is repeated and repeated? Is there anyway to go next song automatically when I listen a song??

If you could add this functions this program will be beter... althougt is enough good right now ;D

Ah, and one last suggestion: Is possible to open only a official post of your program?? There are a lot of posts with differents versions and if there would be only one we could download always the last and improved version easily!

Congratulations for your great app.