PDA

View Full Version : DCfreeDEV

Chroma
June 16th, 2005, 13:31
Hi first post so im feeling a sense of trepidation, anyway its just a quick question.

Does anyone have a working link to DVfreeDEV?

Ive been surfing in excess of 2 days searching and ive thus far come up with nothing, ive downoaded the version on DCemu 8 times now and one of the rars is definately corrupt (i figured it was just my connection or browsers hence the numerous retries on various different browsers and connections)

Im seriously interested in having a tweak but i cant seem to get an uncorrupt copy anywhere.

Help an idiot out here and point the way please.
Its enough to make me stop lurking.

Darksaviour69
June 16th, 2005, 14:32
i'm not a coder, but this topic might help
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=731114

Chroma
June 16th, 2005, 16:10
Thanks for the rapid reply, strangely enough i was reading that exact thread as i clicked this tab :o

Its not really what im looking for though, im trying my best to steer clear of Cygwin for the time being (proving to be a futile move on my part it seems)
The long and short of it is im somewhat familliar with bloodsheds DEV (by no means anywhere close to anything on this scale) and any code ive messed around with in the past had been done in either dev or borland turbo.

Getting my head around GCC at this point is more than i can handle.
I figure a few months using tools im comfortable with then moving on to higher ground as i develop some experience should make the transition much less painfull.
Its been a completely demoralising past few weeks of mucking around in cygwin and getting nowhere, i can completely understand why theres so many "would be devers" that just give up when a little time spent on a friendly IDE could have made all the difference.

Its a shame considering that theres an awesome friendly community of homebrewers just over the environmental roadblocks.