PDA

View Full Version : DSdiag

wraggster
July 9th, 2007, 23:51
Heres an entry into the GBAX Coding Comp 2007 (http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html).

Release from TheOnlyEnglishRose

DSdiag is a Nintendo DS Diagnostics Tool. It allows the user to check backlights, check if their device has a compatiable FAT driver, test the SRAM, check if their audio hardware is functioning correctly, check if their device supports GBA modes, tests WiFi by getting the DS's IP address, check for a Motion Card/Pak/MK6-Motion, check if there is a Rumble Pak inserted, check if their flashcart supports reseting from homebrew, tests the microphone to see if it is working, checks if the internal BootLoader of the GBAMP is functioning correctly by boot a .nds file of choice. DSdiag also writes the test results to a UTF-8 encoded plain text file. It also features a nice, clean Metroid-like theme.

Download Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/DSdiag_2.0.zip)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TeenDev
July 10th, 2007, 01:30
here's a screenshot of my app:

http://gbax.gp2x.de/resultsimages/gbax2007/dsdiag.png

EDIT: BTW, why is the file under PSP news?

crookedmouth
July 10th, 2007, 03:27
Pretty slick TeenDev. I never knew some cards allow reseting?

TeenDev
July 11th, 2007, 01:03
Thanks a lot! :) I was a little worried about the interface when I released it.

Yup, unfortunatly I used an older version of rebootlib that didn't support very many slot-1s. However I was foreced to take out support for the EZ4, DS Link, and the G6 because they were causing problems during compiling.

Markzilla
July 11th, 2007, 01:12
I'm only gonna say one word:
DiagnoSe.

TeenDev
July 11th, 2007, 03:17
DiagnoSe is nice, it has great graphics but doesn't have every feature this does.

DooMeh1
July 13th, 2007, 05:28
This blows away DiagnoSe because it has way more features...

F2bnp
July 13th, 2007, 09:03
Far better than diagnoSE

TeenDev nice job,it is a really nice homebrew application well it won't really help many people but it's useful

::Xraxa, plz:.
July 13th, 2007, 18:35
Limited compadibility w/ my r4. But DiagnoSe works fine.

jak66
July 13th, 2007, 19:32
Limited compadibility w/ my r4. But DiagnoSe works fine.

well, that answers the question i was about to ask, guess i'll just stick with DiagnoSe for now

TeenDev
July 14th, 2007, 01:04
Thats true, this was mainly for Slot-2 users. I have only Slot-2s and DS Phats, and I don't plan on getting any either. I'm to big of a traditionalist. If you have a DS Lite and a Slot-1, most of my stuff will less useful for you.

Far better than diagnoSE

TeenDev nice job,it is a really nice homebrew application well it won't really help many people but it's useful

I was little worried though, DiagnoSe has a WAY better interface.

spinal_cord
July 16th, 2007, 12:18
This blows away DiagnoSe because it has way more features...

More features = SRAM test and Show the ds' ip(why?) and HB loader.

The HB loader doesn't work properly (tested on R4 = nothing loads, tested on GBAMP (its intended card), nothing loads) hmmmm.

Rumble doesn't detect official rumble pak.
Motion test only test if the card is inserted, not if it actually works.

@TeenDev once you have the bugs out of it and manage to stop it from crashing all the time it will be a good bit of software for the GBAMP. So keep up the good work. As for the graphics don't worry about them, its how it works that is more important than how it looks, and yours doesn't look bad anyway so I don't see why you were worried, mine looks different to yours, but your graphics are good too

dsboy16
August 17th, 2007, 22:47
Hey I thought that somebody who reads this might know what is wrong with my ds. If not I'll just have to deal with it. My ds won't acknowledge slot 1 cards at all on the first try. Sometimes it takes me up to ten times to get it to work. Anyone have any solutions?

spinal_cord
August 17th, 2007, 23:24
try cleaning the card, I cant think of how to do that, but perhaps there is dirt along the contacts.