PDA

View Full Version : RACE! - Neo Geo Pocket (NGP) and Neo Geo Pocket Color (NGPC) emulator

wraggster
July 10th, 2007, 00:37
Heres an entry into the GBAX Coding Comp 2007 (http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html).

Release from Flavor

RACE! is a Neo Geo Pocket (NGP) and Neo Geo Pocket Color (NGPC) emulator for
multiple platforms.

Download Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/RACEds_6-16-07.zip)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

MasterMan
July 10th, 2007, 04:35
It scrolls to fast in directory listing.
It scrolls lightspeed in the rom names when the are longer than screen.
It doesn't run the included PD rom.
It doesn't run my NGP roms.
It doesn't run my NGC roms.

It doesn't work at all for me, SCCF.DLDI patched, default.dldi patced and booted in DSOrganize or DSChannels.

Supercard CF, flashed DS phat here.

Hope Flavor can fix it, good system to emulate.

GPF
July 10th, 2007, 09:02
I got Bustamove pocket running on my scsd but I couldn't get any of the include pd roms to work.

I tried sonic but I couldn't get that to load but that might be to big to fit in whats left of memory.

/Race/Race/bustmovp.ngp
/Race/Race/gbax2007.jpg
/RACE/RACEds_6-16-07.nds

and I dldi patched for my scsd.

Troy(GPF)

F2bnp
July 10th, 2007, 12:44
Looks cool!It could become a good emulator.

Hyrule_boy
July 10th, 2007, 12:55
It works fine on my R4!

It plays:
Bomberman at 16 fps
Shuffle at 24 fps
Maze at 36/37 fps
Miner at 24 fps

But this emulator needs allot work! It's released way to early.

DanTheManMS
July 10th, 2007, 19:14
The GBAX deadline was absolute, so he probably just compiled what he had and submitted it. Hopefully it will be updated more in the future to increase speed.

Alpha_Slayer
July 10th, 2007, 20:15
SNK Vs Capcom - Card Fighters Clash works, and that's just about all that matters. Oh, Metal Slug 1st Mission works, too.

This emulator kix mass ass right now, but it can definitely kick more in the future.

TheGrandPubaa
July 10th, 2007, 21:18
I noticed that I couldn't move and shoot at the same time, which means that RACE doesn't support pressing multiple buttons simultaneously, making games like Metal Slug pretty much impossible to play. Also, the emulator seemed to crash when I tried to initiate battery save.

fkhan
July 11th, 2007, 08:47
SNK Vs Capcom - Card Fighters Clash works, and that's just about all that matters. Oh, Metal Slug 1st Mission works, too.

This emulator kix mass ass right now, but it can definitely kick more in the future.

What is needed to run this emu?

I have placed a folder named "Race", inside it I have placed all NGP/C games but for some reason it does seem to show all games when I launch .nds which I placed somewhere else:mad:

BTW I was using SC Lite.

Thanks

F2bnp
July 11th, 2007, 12:14
yeah because it only reads files ending with npc

turnerl
July 12th, 2007, 06:32
Just to let you know i run this from my slot 2 sclite and it shows up roms on my slot 1 R4DS !!!!!!!!!!!

This could be handy for future things!

turnerl
July 12th, 2007, 06:39
duh that would be becuase i hadnt flashed it for dldi slot 2 sclite lol

nyprimus4
July 25th, 2007, 01:17
Definitely a work in progress. Once it starts running smooth lemme know! I would love to get some Bomberman/Metal Slug/etc. action on my DSL.

mikeb
August 12th, 2007, 20:14
did he stop working on this or something?

sukhi-2006
October 31st, 2007, 02:54
This emulator is old looks like developer has quitted the project a long time ago can someone take this project and make it full speed and full screen i will love to see this emulator perfect.

sonikku88
November 11th, 2007, 02:55
I've tried playing Sonic Pocket Adventure on this, and for some reason when it starts up, it goes into debug mode where if you jump, you turn into Tails. O_o

Kinda slow running, and there isn't any configurative features like screen size or frame skip. Not bad for a rushed project, but it would have been much better had he kept at it.