PDA

View Full Version : PSP File Unarchiving Homebrew?

Sk8.4.Life
July 10th, 2007, 11:53
This question below was answered by -Xandu-, but my second question still stands.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever created an application for the PSP in which you could unarchive .zip and .rar files. If nothing of the sort exists, someone should seriously look into it because it would allow the ability to update your psp without a computer. IMHO, this would be one of the coolest things that could be done on the PSP.

While I'm on the subject of homebrew that I consider a major necessity... Can anyone tell me if there's been a better video player made... ever? I've got an ancient version of PSPlayer Media Test, but I believe there was only one version and it's quite old. All it can do is play .avi and .mp4 in full screen, which is still very limited.

I'm greatly appreciative of any help you provide. :) My efforts to find either has been hopeless so far.

-Xandu-
July 10th, 2007, 12:04
You can use IRShell since it has Anonymous T's unzipper plugin.

As for the video players, I don't think there are any good ones out besides PSPlayer.

Sk8.4.Life
July 10th, 2007, 12:27
Yeah thanks -Xandu-, I'm actually kinda kicking myself because while I couldn't find anything on page one of google, I saw people mentioning this on other forums on page 2. My second question still stands about the video player though.

EDIT: I'm thinkin maybe I should read the read me for IRShell... I've been using it for a very long time now and I had no idea. Typical... :P

cataphrax
July 10th, 2007, 17:22
The Installo-tron unzips and installs homebrew automatically. It's under psp applications. You can also download some homebrew straight to your psp but I wouldn't recommend as the database is really incomplete and not up to date.

parkermauney
July 10th, 2007, 19:53
I found the full version of pspdoom on there, isn't that illegal.

JAKETHESNAKE28
July 10th, 2007, 20:07
99.9% sure that it is. unless you have the regular doom game