PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Store Goes Down

Shrygue
July 10th, 2007, 19:28
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/playstation-store-goes-down-276822.php)

Kotakuite Zhabin points out that the Playstation Store is currently down for "maintenance." While this typically wouldn't be really worth a post, the timing does lend itself to vast amounts of speculation. Could it be that they took the store down to pack it full of trailers, demos and screens from E3? Or maybe it's down tonight so they can prep some new Killzone 2 information, since the Killzone 2 event is this evening.

Personally, I'm holding out hope that it's down because they're preparing to unveil and roll-out a new store with downloadable movies, music and television for both the PS3 and PSP... I also still believe in Santa Clause, so don't listen to me.

Ollebro
July 10th, 2007, 19:36
i hope the sameting as you YKB!

F9zDark
July 10th, 2007, 20:29
I hope there are some big things coming for us once the store is reopened. Personally, I'd like to see a redesign because I think the current design kinda sucks.

Sony should have implemented an XMB style design from the get go, to make the PS3, PSP and Store all look as though they were designed for each other and together.

end3rbr0
July 10th, 2007, 20:42
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/playstation-store-goes-down-276822.php)

Kotakuite Zhabin points out that the Playstation Store is currently down for "maintenance." While this typically wouldn't be really worth a post, the timing does lend itself to vast amounts of speculation. Could it be that they took the store down to pack it full of trailers, demos and screens from E3? Or maybe it's down tonight so they can prep some new Killzone 2 information, since the Killzone 2 event is this evening.

Personally, I'm holding out hope that it's down because they're preparing to unveil and roll-out a new store with downloadable movies, music and television for both the PS3 and PSP... I also still believe in Santa Clause, so don't listen to me.

I saw that it was down for most of the morning and have since been able to get back into the playstation store.....which from the looks of it has nothing new to offer as of yet, I searched through every last page of content and it is the same content thats been there for almost 2 weeks.....

WHERE IS OUR HEAVENLY SWORD AND LAIR DEMO'S? WHERE IS OUR HOME PUBLIC BETA DOWNLOAD!!?!?

SONY ANSWER ME!!

Ollebro
July 10th, 2007, 21:00
im quite sure we will get allot of things now when E3 starts.

mat_dizzy
July 10th, 2007, 21:37
Man, lets just hope some good content gets on here :)

SmashinGit
July 10th, 2007, 21:40
I hope there are some big things coming for us once the store is reopened. Personally, I'd like to see a redesign because I think the current design kinda sucks.

Sony should have implemented an XMB style design from the get go, to make the PS3, PSP and Store all look as though they were designed for each other and together.

Totally agree.

mcdougall57
July 10th, 2007, 22:03
e3 demos would be a sweet download

Tree
July 10th, 2007, 22:56
i wish i could go 2 E3 :( ... wen i get my car i will get a job in Game nd hopfully i can go

Accordion
July 10th, 2007, 23:29
i wish i could go 2 E3 :( ... wen i get my car i will get a job in Game nd hopfully i can go

its invite only now...

F9zDark
July 10th, 2007, 23:58

E3 has undergone many, many changes. Its not what it used to be, and I don't think guests can attend now with a simple purchase of a ticket.

Kinda sucks that it changed so much, but really, E3 was a waste anyway. Developer/Publisher sponsored fan events are a much better expenditure of resources and allow for a much more personal communication between fans and media outlets.

I was part of a community for Lord of the Rings online for the last 4 years and Turbine sponsored an event for 2 years in 03 and 04, after that they couldn't handle it anymore with the company executives wanting them to goto E3 instead.

Since the developers for that game were on a friendly basis with members of my community, we coordinated an event by ourselves and it was far better than what I have heard from friends who went to E3.

Now with E3 being more an elitist venture than a fan venture, its even worse, but at the same time I am glad they changed it. Now companies can focus more on the fans with smaller events rather than one huge event.

alucard001
July 11th, 2007, 14:10
guys u gotta see the new killzone 2 trailer, the footage is in-game, its even better than resistance

ElRazur
July 11th, 2007, 18:48
^^^ Say what!! Can anyone confirm this? **heads to youtube for footage**