PDA

View Full Version : Mawaqeet DS (10-07-2007)

Kojote
July 11th, 2007, 05:48
Mawaqeet DS is a Muslim prayer time utility for Nintendo DS. It shows the date and the prayer times of the current day. This is an beta edition with five cities supported only.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7167/mawaqeetdskg7.jpg

Source: http://www.palib.info
Official page: http://mzr603.blogspot.com/

cataphrax
July 11th, 2007, 06:52
Cool, but aren't you worried about how your target audience? I might be wrong but it doesen't seem to me that there's alot of devout muslims out there with DS's who desperately need a way to get their prayer times straight.

Kojote
July 11th, 2007, 06:59
Cool, but aren't you worried about how your target audience? I might be wrong but it doesen't seem to me that there's alot of devout muslims out there with DS's who desperately need a way to get their prayer times straight.

I am just posting "news", I am not here to censor, even if someone would make a "portable Bible" I would post about it.

Adrenalin
July 11th, 2007, 12:43
cataphrax makes a good point, but it wasn't aimed at you Kojote it was aimed at the developer. so don't worry about it.

sword_of_swords
July 11th, 2007, 15:57

I'm one of them :thumbup:

Vrilya
July 11th, 2007, 20:17
He may have made it for himself, and released if there might be anyone else who can find any use for it.
No need to question "why" people release their tools to the public

TeenDev
July 12th, 2007, 01:01
A lot of devs such as myself, create apps for themselves, and eventually might release it to the public to see if someone else wants to use it.

acevampire
July 12th, 2007, 03:55
I wonder how many of these religious people buy products that allow them to download illegal games. While I don't have any religion, I am pretty sure that is a sin. 0.o

HtheB
July 12th, 2007, 10:16
Great! :)
Very usefull for me :)

:thumbup:

sword_of_swords
July 12th, 2007, 16:53
I wonder how many of these religious people buy products that allow them to download illegal games. While I don't have any religion, I am pretty sure that is a sin. 0.o

Actually I, like this many people on this site, use my cart for homebrew. I like to buy my games to support the developer. How else could I ask for a sequel if I loved the original game?

zorcy
July 12th, 2007, 17:58
i am a bit religious, and see steeling a sin, there is some remorse when thinking about taking a commercial game. the best thing i see, is the devs who create these apps and games, are doing so as a love and hobby. they do a fabulous job. i see more use from them then i do from nint0. come on, email, photo orginizer, internet (shakey). my son wants to create these as well. if he wants to start out, this would be a great platform and any advice the devs can give, i pass on. in short, it is not just about taking illegal roms, its a development area and sharing. kudos to you all that have the abilities to do this.

cataphrax
July 12th, 2007, 18:41
I'm not positive but i think someone did make a portable bible.

TeenDev
July 14th, 2007, 00:54
I'm not positive but i think someone did make a portable bible.

there was a DSO Bible plugin, I believe, may even a Bible. Maybe people will start making versions of the Torah or the Koran. I have a friend who is Muslim and he says this app is actually a great help to him. :thumbup:

DivineFate02
July 14th, 2007, 02:30
muslim is not christianity... muslim is absurd. stop buying the lies.

acevampire
July 14th, 2007, 02:55
muslim is not christianity... muslim is absurd. stop buying the lies.

Oh yeah, Christianity is SOOOO realistic.

cataphrax
July 14th, 2007, 03:31
Oh yeah, some random guy in an age of people just like him with stories almost exactly the same came and healed lepers and then got nailed to a cross and died. But wait, theres also the guy who somehow in his life gathered two of every single animal in the world and fit them on an ark for forty days. Also there's the guy with the parting of the sea. And then theres the fact that no one who wrote it ever even met Jesus. Also theres the whole incredible contradictory nature of the bible. I don't recall the verse or the book but It says in the bible that if a man is to have long hair, "let it be his shame". Hello? Whos our favourite long haired messiah?! JESUS!!!!! Compared to the intricate ridiculousities of Christianity, Islam is pretty tame. 'Cept I dunno about the whole women can't be seen thing.

Jockel
July 14th, 2007, 19:46
thank god i am atheistic. ;)
well it would kinda bother me to stop playing to start praying XD
@all: stop complaining about each others beliefs, everybody can do what he/she wants, as long as nobody is hurt :-P

HtheB
July 15th, 2007, 11:54
:D this is a homebrew scene.... some guy made a homebrew.

If you like it (like me) then use it... give an opinion..

if not then shut your trap...

thank You :) :thumbup: :D

naruto777
July 16th, 2007, 13:10
God(in this case, Muhammed), just make a prtable Quran.

Strider1120
August 1st, 2007, 01:44
Oh yeah, some random guy in an age of people just like him with stories almost exactly the same came and healed lepers and then got nailed to a cross and died.
But wait, theres also the guy who somehow in his life gathered two of every single animal in the world and fit them on an ark for forty days. Also there's the guy with the parting of the sea. And then theres the fact that no one who wrote it ever even met Jesus. Also theres the whole incredible contradictory nature of the bible. I don't recall the verse or the book but It says in the bible that if a man is to have long hair, "let it be his shame". Hello? Whos our favourite long haired messiah?! JESUS!!!!! Compared to the intricate ridiculousities of Christianity, Islam is pretty tame. 'Cept I dunno about the whole women can't be seen thing.

Jesus was seen alive by over 500 people after He died. "Somehow"? I believe the Biblical record is very clear on how this happened: God led the animals to Noah. As for the parting of the sea, what's the problem with that? And the gospels were written by the apostles, which by definition means someone who has seen the Christ. Paul was an apostle, and he was perhaps the most definitive writer of the New Testament. As for Christ having long hair, he was jewish. Probably short curly hair, and besides, I think the verse (it's in 1st Corinthians) was in context of the ideas of society then. If anyone has questions, PM me, and I'll be happy to help