PDA

View Full Version : Need music artist for 3D race game

Ghoti
July 11th, 2007, 14:34
Hi folks,

I'm making this 3D racegame for a psp competition but I am not a music artist and I really need some great songs for my game.

Any artist who can help me? (can't pay you)
PM me!:thumbup:

acn010
July 11th, 2007, 14:39
im your guy! lol
like what type of music style your looking for????

Xenepp
July 11th, 2007, 16:30
Depending what your looking for, I may be able to help too.

ahmedm00
July 11th, 2007, 16:37
same, but again depends on what ur after...:D

jonezybaby
July 11th, 2007, 16:57
well im guessin u use ur imagination and go for sumet that would sound tops in a race game!!

Buddy4point0
July 11th, 2007, 16:57
3d race game! awsome! i cant wait to see this one, i cant do music, acn is good though. i wanna see this game so bad

fatcat04912
July 11th, 2007, 17:21
Kind of make me sad vertex racing is no more we had a extremely good build then he Dissapeard....

steve520
July 11th, 2007, 17:22
hey im your guy to as long as your looking for some rock music I have shit load of it just I need to know what songs you need. Oh shit nevermind your looking for an artist i a noob but defianantly ask acn010 I heard he kicks ass at the guitar.

Ghoti
July 11th, 2007, 17:33
Hi folks!

@steve520: Well I do not want music with copyright on them, then I can't release it :( I need music that everyone makes themselve without copyright :) (edit: Seen your edit :D)

everyone, I have send a PM to those interested.

greets Ghoti

P.S. nice to get so many great responses
P.P.S. I posted it in the wrong section, now it was on the newsfrontpage :S did not intend that, it was supposed to be in the PSP development section:rolleyes: sorry for that (have contacted wraggster already:))

IamAbe
July 11th, 2007, 18:13
goto psp-programming.com and search the forums for royalty free music, i remember seeing a thread on it a while back. people post their music there for others to use in games.

edit: try this site http://modplay.chrmich.ath.cx/, and heres the thread http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/index.php?topic=1861.0 if you search google you can find some good stuff

marcnet
July 11th, 2007, 19:02
I can write some stuff. I have been known to do so in the past. Quite strange stuff, really.

Check out my songs

http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk/music/

Also try the "work in progress" stuff. Some of it still isnt finished, but can be completed if you like it.

If you're interested then drop me an email
marcc(at)nildram.co.uk

alaisunknown
July 11th, 2007, 19:40
Check out my purevolume site, and let me know if you're interested.

www.purevolume.com/aliasunkn0wn

parkermauney
July 11th, 2007, 20:23
Why did they quit vertex racing? It was starting kick ass! The dude could've released the source or something.

acn010
July 11th, 2007, 20:32
hey im your guy to as long as your looking for some rock music I have shit load of it just I need to know what songs you need. Oh shit nevermind your looking for an artist i a noob but defianantly ask acn010 I heard he kicks ass at the guitar.

and how the hell you know that i play the guitar????? it is a fact yet, how do you know???? omg im scared of the internet. probably a person is stalking me!!!!! >.> <.< >.>

maxipower90
July 11th, 2007, 20:36
i cant help ya with the music as im useless like that but i wish ya all the best with it

acn010
July 11th, 2007, 20:45
then dont post

tophead420
July 12th, 2007, 00:16
I know a kick ass Band from New York. You can go here http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php and ask VettacossX if he wouldnt mind you using his bands music.

acn010
July 12th, 2007, 00:43
ill do the sound effects and music... its done

DarthPaul
July 12th, 2007, 01:39
and how the hell you know that i play the guitar????? it is a fact yet, how do you know???? omg im scared of the internet. probably a person is stalking me!!!!! >.> <.< >.>

Aahahahaha you always make me laugh acn010!:rolleyes: Lol you're damn funny..wait..this comment is useless..why am I posting? I should delete it..I just can't hold back now..I don't want to press that button..Nooo!! Leave me alone,stay away from me! *runs out*

steve520
July 12th, 2007, 01:43
I heard you were good on the guitar acn010 because i remember from a forum way back that said you could play like metallica and good music and thats a whole lot better than me because I suck at gutiar.

acn010
July 12th, 2007, 01:45
im not better than metallica.... i was on a band, yes. but not better, im now a manager from friends i have. that is all
and why am i giving information!?!?!?!??!

ryanMWolfe
July 12th, 2007, 02:52
yeah i can play the guitar pretty good Rock//metal anything acoustic cause i cant hook acoustic to my laptop? lol

Skateblind
July 12th, 2007, 03:56
Try using a mic, normal one will do if you know how to set it up properly, some people place an ordinary mic inside the box, but you can leave it out, just means it will need more levelling. You can get special mics as well or get a electric acoustic. Its not hard mate

mr.oddball
July 12th, 2007, 05:24
I'll make you a song or two, I'm a musician, just tell me when you need it by?

EDIT: im only a semi member so i cant PM you but if you wanna look at what I got, I got a couple tunes from my band that I think would be suited for a racing game.

You can download it right from the page it's a myspace page. The two songs are "The Namelesss" and "Makea Da Boom Boom" Feel free to look at the other songs as well and if you want one tell me and I'll make it available for download. :cool:

www.myspace.com/kaymendyne

PS "The Namelesss" is kinda sloppy in the middle, its our first song we ever recorded But its still great.

DimensionT
July 12th, 2007, 06:03
Bah... Guess I'm too late to jump on the musician band wagon.

Anyway, I'm the one that wrote the music for Payk's DS homebrew RPG "Wolveslayer" (winner of the last Divineo coding compo). I'm really good at writting rock stuff too.

Check this song out. It's got some mad crazy guitar solos and good synth backings:

Soloness (http://files.filefront.com/Solonessmp3/;8028888;;/fileinfo.html)

Or you could check out my Myspace page for my heavy metal songs:

Dimension Theory (www.myspace.com/dimensiontheory1)

zheg_pagaza
July 12th, 2007, 07:56
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/list.php?which=genre&id=15

look there, have nice shit of metal music :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/
or here for more music

Ghoti
July 12th, 2007, 13:16
Hiya folks,

first of all, thanks for the great responses! I have PM'ed everyone who can get PM's and mailed everyone that specified his or her mail:thumbup:
I think I have enough artists now :D

@mr.oddball: I need a cross between trance and metal in such a way that it is speedy and futuristic (since I'm making a futuristic game) could not find that kind of music in your collection though.

For everyone else that had replied, I have decided to use 1,2 or 3 songs of everyone so that my game has a nice diversity of professional songs, this gives the game I hope a nice professional look and feel (hope I can make the game nice so that that part is also nice :D) And before the race begins you see the artist and songname just like it is done (i believe) in Need for Speed so that everyone knows what songs belongs to who :D I hope that that is okay with everyone:thumbup: furthermore, you will be credited in the credits page and on the webpage of the game(not yet made)

If there are any questions, leave them here or PM me :D or mail me :)

greets ghoti

P.S. for the artists that want a early build before I release can leave a pm about so that yo ucan play with it before it is released, at the moment I can't distribute a build yet since the AI of the comp's not implemented yet so there is not much to do :s

acn010
July 12th, 2007, 13:50
*drools*..............eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh whhhhhhhaaaaaa wwwwwwwhherrrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeee
oh morning everyone.. lol
so ok.. lol

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 17:39
This game looks like it'll be great. Can't wait for the release.

Ghoti
July 12th, 2007, 18:22
me too :thumbup:

Andrew Shand
July 13th, 2007, 08:58
I may decide to create some music for your game too, that's if I get the time.... Check out the video game music section on my website : Here (http://www.vgobsession.co.uk/music.html)
These are examples of what I can do I suppose... Yeah. There is more but I can't really b assed to upload them....