PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo packing Wii Wheel with Mario Kart for Wii

wraggster
July 11th, 2007, 21:36
via engdaget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/11/nintendo-packing-wii-wheel-with-mario-kart-for-wii/)

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2007/07/dsc_0958.jpg

Let's not bandy about here, we're pretty much God's gift to green shell snipes, and hook us up with a few red shells and perhaps a banana or two and you can pretty much kiss your Flower Cup goodbye. Nintendo just announced some extensive online functionality for its upcoming Wii-based Mario Kart title, including an undisclosed amount of "more" online competitors, which is always a plus. Nintendo is also packing a free Wii Wheel with each copy of the game to help ease the newbs into the Kart action. No word on how much the new wheel will cost on its own, but we'll be seeing both it and Mario Kart in the first quarter of 2008.

PIcs Via Comments

mcdougall57
July 12th, 2007, 00:09
the wheel looks tiny but i suppose they are on karts
cant wait for mario kart (or smash bros or metroid or mario galaxy)

l33t_haxz0r
July 12th, 2007, 07:00
sweet.. *sigh* gonna be a wait.. hmm well I can wait, I waited in line 16hours to get a Wii :)

gu3
July 12th, 2007, 09:27
sure looks cool. but you could just use the wiimote like you do in current games....

danh_24
July 12th, 2007, 12:49
They should have just called it the "Wiill" (pronounced the same as wheel, makes more sense to me)

trainerkai
July 12th, 2007, 12:59
i like it but is abit small the weel but i guess it will do

mcdougall57
July 12th, 2007, 22:28
They should have just called it the "Wiill" (pronounced the same as wheel, makes more sense to me)

good idea lol, you should send that in

Janustek
July 17th, 2007, 14:04
Is the steering wheel that comes with mario kart a whole new controller? Or is it something you put you're wiimote into(like the sports accessories)? From the picture it looks like a whole new controller, though I thought it was otherwise....

Junixx
July 17th, 2007, 15:09
Is the steering wheel that comes with mario kart a whole new controller? Or is it something you put you're wiimote into(like the sports accessories)? From the picture it looks like a whole new controller, though I thought it was otherwise....

Im pretty sure you put the controller in the wheel, in that picture he was showing the backside of it where theres another button