PDA

View Full Version : HELP: SNES4.2me not working on 3.40 OE-A

MMXcalibur
July 12th, 2007, 10:36
Whenever I boot up SNES4.2me, I get past the title screen (the part where Mario hits the ! block and the stars pop out), but after that my Memory Stick light on my PSP stays a solid orange and a blank screen shows up, forcing me to manually reboot the PSP. The emulator works only the 1st time after I put the emulator back on my PSP from my computer and I've tried reinstalling many times. I've run the emu from a 1.5 and 3.4 Kernel and get the same situation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chameleon
July 12th, 2007, 10:49
try deleting all the settings you have saved for the emulator... you must run the emulator from the 1.5 kernel

MMXcalibur
July 12th, 2007, 23:40
Yep, I have it in 1.5 Kernel and have deleted the emulator and re-added it many times. Only this time, I can't get past a black screen.

Chameleon
July 12th, 2007, 23:48
do you have any roms in the rom directory?

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 00:07
You must have roms.

MMXcalibur
July 13th, 2007, 01:52
I do have SNES ROMs in my directory.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice, I've done some troubleshooting and have discovered no problems when only the emulators are put on my 8 GB memory stick. The SNES emu runs fine again and again and again. When adding PSX games to my /GAME directory, the SNES emu runs fine still. Last, I added some PSP ISOs and well....it worked.

Don't ask me how or why.....but the SNES emulator worked. Don't look at me, I have no idea why it froze up before but NOW it's working....but...it is....

I'm not holding my breath though.....I'm expecting it to go out on me sometime soon. I hate finding solutions and you don't know what the hell you did.

Chameleon
July 13th, 2007, 02:03
It has been proven that 8 gb memory sticks have problems when accessing the 1.5 kernel (thus, meaning that any homebrew/ emulators will have trouble, but ISOs are fine as they use the 3.40 kernel)

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 03:06
1.5 didn't used to support 8 gig sticks, so it's not usually compatible with homebrew. Use the 8 gig stick for psx games and, other things. ;)

Use the other stick for homebrew.

MMXcalibur
July 13th, 2007, 03:10
Sounds good. I have a 2 GB stick that I use for my Sony Cybershot but I can pick up another 2 GB stick for cheap.

Appreciate the help guys.

robotdevil
July 14th, 2007, 03:30
Totally off topic, but just gotta say that I love the avatar, MMXcalibur.