PDA

View Full Version : How do the mods and admin keep on missing these threads

kcajblue
July 12th, 2007, 16:30
people keep on abusing their power to post by doing it multiple times in a row.
the first pic has a person who posted 7 times in a row. you cant see the seventh one because its on the earlier page.

steve520
July 12th, 2007, 16:32
damn thats alot of posts.

Sonicboy 101
July 12th, 2007, 16:34
I have to admit, it is quite annoying.

trainerkai
July 12th, 2007, 16:34
i think lily got warning after wards but the guy with 3 post hes new so i dont think he knows wot double/triple post is yet

Sonicboy 101
July 12th, 2007, 16:37
i think lily got warning after wards but the guy with 3 post hes new so i dont think he knows the rules yet

It would be a good to link them to the rules when they register, then there is no excuse for posting so much.

kcajblue
July 12th, 2007, 16:45
yeah. when i signed up. i never double posted or anything.
i already knew that it wasnt a good idea.

Triv1um
July 12th, 2007, 17:03
Get over it?

Is it really enough of a deal to make a thread about it.

Just contact a member of staff and I'm sure it will be sorted out.

kcajblue
July 12th, 2007, 17:10
ive done that many times without results.
ive found that making a thread gets their attention more than a pm.

splodger15
July 12th, 2007, 17:49
more active mods are needed

BlueCrab
July 12th, 2007, 18:00
ive done that many times without results.
ive found that making a thread gets their attention more than a pm.If you PM me, I'll take care of such things as soon as I see them.

You just need to find the right mod/admin to PM. I know that a lot of us get so many PMs that there's no possible way to read them all (Wragg mostly).

Also, making a thread about it isn't the right way to go. Hit the report button, and PM one of the mods that will have the time to fix the problem.

I disagree with that statement. I think we have plenty of mods as it is. More mods doesn't necessarily mean better moderating. In fact, in some cases it can mean worse moderating (especially when someone who gets moderator power has a grudge against someone else on the forums).

quzar
July 12th, 2007, 18:12
Also, we don't just sit here refreshing all the pages of the forums all day every day. Not only that but 99% of the time the posts/threads are closed within 2 hours of the first post.

Threads like these are MUCH more annoying, especially since they are popping up every day recently.

Tetris999
July 12th, 2007, 18:30
If you PM me, I'll take care of such things as soon as I see them.

You just need to find the right mod/admin to PM. I know that a lot of us get so many PMs that there's no possible way to read them all (Wragg mostly).

Also, making a thread about it isn't the right way to go. Hit the report button, and PM one of the mods that will have the time to fix the problem.

I disagree with that statement. I think we have plenty of mods as it is. More mods doesn't necessarily mean better moderating. In fact, in some cases it can mean worse moderating (especially when someone who gets moderator power has a grudge against someone else on the forums).

and were there such cases with mods here?

Accordion
July 12th, 2007, 18:35
PM/Report

dont spam!

quzar
July 12th, 2007, 18:53
and were there such cases with mods here?

There were two or three with such powers that were demoted/removed all together.

gu3
July 13th, 2007, 10:36

i fully agree with you, i no that i have hardly been on DCEmu for long but anyone with half a brain can see the edit button and should relise that people will get slightly irritated by the way they are posting so much.

kcajblue
July 13th, 2007, 11:04
their posting abuse has been going on for a while.
and since then, ive been telling them to use the edit button and not double/triple post.
but they still continue to do it.
thats why i get annoyed by it.

gu3
July 13th, 2007, 11:43
i dont blame you! it is irritating, it these kind of people who if they get warned and carry on doing it should be getting banned

yaustar
July 13th, 2007, 12:14
PM/Report

dont spam!
QFE.

quzar
July 13th, 2007, 15:55
@ wrong people: Most of the people who multi-post and get warned for it never do it again. Look at their post counts.

@ the other wrong people: We have more than enough active mods. We need more intelligent users (both in the sense of new users being intelligent and having more of our users be intelligent). Neither of those seem to be possible though, so I'll stick with STFU your bitching is more annoying than people's multiposts.

Thread closed for oh so many reasons.