PDA

View Full Version : 3.40 IE-A2 (Update)

Chameleon
July 12th, 2007, 21:27
Via qj.net (http://pspupdates.qj.net/CFW-3-40-IE-A2-released/pg/49/aid/97320)

Homebrew developer becus25 has continued his effort in the world of custom firmwares, with this add-on to DAX's 3.40OE.

A couple of days ago, the developer came up with the first build for 3.40 IE and this IE-A2 is an improved version. becus25 also noted that aside from reducing the risk of bricking, 3.40 IE-A2 takes care as well the problem being encountered by users when trying to enter Configuration.

Since becus25 wasn't able to provide a changelog, or a Readme file for that matter, we're adding this notes from his personal page regarding this release:

* If you can't enter to Configuration-> on recovery menu (OE recovery), pressing L+Select the IE expansion, restore the configuration.
* Copy the PSP folder in the root of your memory stick.
* Then, run the flasher.
* The flasher will write on flash0/1 the IERecovery.prx (some source of it recovery is of Dark_AleX), and the abc.txt (configuration file for IE).
* There is the IeCtrl.pbp on pspgameboot called eboot.pbp.
* When you have the expansion writed on flash activate the autoboot function from the OE Recovery.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cloudhunter
July 12th, 2007, 21:53
Why not put the source... qj.

Not that this addon is worth anything anyway.

Cloudy

Shrygue
July 12th, 2007, 22:37
Ah good, an update to the new custom firmware. I'll shunt this to the PSP frontpage and download the package now.

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 22:41
Anyone use it and find a purpose for it?

Chameleon
July 12th, 2007, 22:46
ive used it, not much reason two have it, just another recovery menu and hes integrated like two new features, but nothing worth it

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 22:49
K, he should work on getting plugins to work for homebrew, THAT would get me to use it.

Chameleon
July 12th, 2007, 22:56
ive heard somewhere not at dcemu, that their is a team of developers currently working on an addition to 3.40OE that re-writes the whole code for how the plugins correspond, and that so far its looking up, and finally things like scep and irmp3 will work together flawlessly.

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 23:06
Alright. A useful OE expansion.

Tesseract
July 12th, 2007, 23:48
Hopefully this tinkering around with expansions for existing Firmware will help becus learn more about their working to expand his scope in the future.

Keep it up, becus, and good luck!

Cokemusic
July 12th, 2007, 23:49
I don't realy understand what these expansions do to be honest.

OFF TOPIC : is there anything I can install on my PSP to ensure that brickage is less likely ( apart from the reovery menu that comes with 3.40 OE A.

Chameleon
July 12th, 2007, 23:59
no, not really if something to do with recovery is ruined your SOL weather you have one recovery or two.

You shouldnt have to worry about anything as long as you know what your doing before you flash something

Sterist
July 13th, 2007, 00:15
god, with all these ppl sayin its useless, ya think the scene would have died a year ago.

go ahead guys, keep punchin the coders in the ballz, see if they'll continue to release things

they are not contracted, they do not get pay (for their coding anyway), n its all charity. they code what they desire and release it -- not taking orders like someone at Jack in the Box and release a top notch program that everyone finds useful

xg917
July 13th, 2007, 02:35
well i would like to see add ons that arent already featured in OE... or an 3.51 IE...

cataphrax
July 13th, 2007, 07:10
Yeah, I have the utmost respect for the ability to code a firmware addon, but really see no point in this particular one.

l33t_haxz0r
July 13th, 2007, 08:00
I don't get what this is for.. but I'm installing it anyways, thanks becus25! :D

erix2006
July 13th, 2007, 10:28
Cool, Thanks

Gene
July 13th, 2007, 17:30
It has 2 recovery menu's so that if one stops working you have a backup recovery that you can recover your psp with. A bit more security is great. I'm glad becus25 is still coding for firmwares, especially since some people didn't appreciate what he was doing.

jak66
July 13th, 2007, 17:54
It has 2 recovery menu's so that if one stops working you have a backup recovery that you can recover your psp with. A bit more security is great. I'm glad becus25 is still coding for firmwares, especially since some people didn't appreciate what he was doing.

the only way one would really stop working is if you were to mess around with the recovery.prx on flash0

its fine becus is making add-ons for these firmwares, but come on, a second recovery that has the same features as original along with a couple of new ones, and will be destroyed along with the first one if the 1.50 kernal is destroyed is pointless IMHO.

however, some people will find this useful, and thats all that really matters