PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Dementia v0.1

Freshmilk
July 12th, 2007, 22:20
Hello everyone, once aagin, and welcome to my 16th ever release; in which, we see a new game as our entry into Neoflash. Obviously, from the title, you know the game is called Dementia, but thats about it, but I'll leave filling you in about the game and such for a minute or two; I have something more to say.

For those who don't wanna read this, at least view the instructions in game; kxploited, no need for lua player. Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3710i

This, being a new game and all, is also the first release from a newly formed Dev team, Teh Peek-Uh-Chewz, led by me-- lolz. The team as it stands is pretty small, with me being the only coder, but for now thhis is how we aim to stay; the other people involved are:

Gr34t3st; a well known partner and friend who has been working with me for quite some time now. He covers GFX and some of the designs, and has brought about all the GFX in this game rather quickly.

Dante_emo Hunter; I've known him as a friend for quite a long while now, I'd say around about a year. This is our first project together, but again his GFX look promising from what I've seen of them. Although he hasn't put much into this release, what he did contribute was pretty damn good; we'll hope to see more work from him in future.

TheSilenceofNoOne; A good friend and a confident worker. If I were honest, he has no specific role in the team, although what he does helps to make the produce brilliant; His main jobs include providing music for the games, beta testing and finding glitches, and helping us with the more time consuming tasks. He has put a lot into Dementia, as we hope he will for other projects.

With that aside, I'll now tell you about what the game is like, and how everything works-- Firstly, I may as well mention that this is a puzzle game, and a quite abstract one at that. The aim of the game is to make all the tiles yellow, from the orginal starting colour of red, but this is much easier said than done.

The above description may seem a little confusing, so I'll try to break it down a little more. Your cursor is a simple white box that can move to any position in the grid; with the general rule of the game bing, the bigger the grid, the harder the level is. When you highlight a box and click it, its colour inverses, along with everything around it; meaning all yellows turn red and all reds turn yellow-- obviously, as said before, everything needs to finish off as a yellow.

I hope that made sense, but if you forget, most of that is quoted in the Instructions menu in the game, as I know it can be a little complex. Moving on, I'll now show you some screenshots of the game, as made by Dante_Emo Hunter and Gr34t3st; also, I should probebly mention that msot of the background were taken from Vibestar's inner star theme, as a recolour; he gave permission to use them, so thanks to him, too.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6214/19409646oo0.png

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7692/84306004gs4.png

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1328/loadingxu4.png

Good, no?

I'd also like to thank the BETA testers for the game, and there are quite a few of them. These are Glynnder, Coolraccoon, EminentJohnFrost, TSON, and others-- but thanks to you all for your nessecery feedback on bugs and just suggestions for making the game better, you've really helped us out a lot.

Well, thats more or less all I have to say; Please report any glitches and such, and we'll try to get them all patched up and maybe release another version with another 50 more levels before Neoflash ends. Vote Peek-uh-chewz, and thanks for reading!

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3710i

Freshmilk.

hatebreeder
July 12th, 2007, 22:31
looks great! is this based off of those things you hit in legend of zelda: a link to the past?

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 22:38
Yeah, it's in spyro ripto's rage to.

Great game, always been real hard, but this port looks fantastic!

Freshmilk
July 12th, 2007, 22:49
Spyro is correct :D
Didn't know this was also in Link, but cool.
Enjoy.

mcdougall57
July 12th, 2007, 22:58
nice game :thumbup:

Jpdeathblade
July 13th, 2007, 08:32
reminds me of resident evil 1 (its in that too)....infact a better question would be what game dosnt have this =P

great job!~

erix2006
July 13th, 2007, 10:29
Looks nice.

Freshmilk
July 13th, 2007, 16:59
Lol, thanks guys; any comments/suggestions/bugs found yet?

ingamopheah
July 13th, 2007, 17:16
it looks like lights out to me... there was a whole piece of hardware just for a game like this

Freshmilk
July 13th, 2007, 18:07
Lol, I didn't know that-- I'll have to look it up sometime. But yer, I based this off the Spyro 2 game-- whcih, for the record, is called "Gateway to Glimmer" in the PAL region, not Riptos Rage; just for any of you who own the game and didn't know.

:D
Thanks for playing!

XVredskysVX
July 14th, 2007, 03:55
dude you use the background from the inner star xmb? just curious. great game

Freshmilk
July 14th, 2007, 12:47
Lol, if you read the thread you'll see that I did mention that; Vibestar did give permission, so thanks to him. Lol, No one read that long, winded text, did they?