PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur as an RPG!?: E3 2007

mcdougall57
July 12th, 2007, 22:26
http://www.youtube.com/v/fLPNTZu9XU4

I couldn't believe my eyes but this is the type of game that would fit the Wii instead of a classic beat em up, because the control mechanism of mortal combat turned out to be a disaster

trainerkai
July 12th, 2007, 22:33
woo looks wicked but i dont know if it is good thing or a bad thing

IUnNamedI
July 13th, 2007, 04:29
yawn... no thanks that looked really in the wrong direction for soul calibur

steve520
July 13th, 2007, 04:37
Yeah that would be cool as an rpg.

cataphrax
July 13th, 2007, 06:38
Eh, all the sort of rpg campaign dealies in soul calibur games sucked. I dunno if it has enough of a story to pull it off aside from "Look at all these people with great hair and crazy weapons fight for this pretty sword. But wait, theres a twist! Teh sword is evil! But guess what! Theres another sword that isn't evil! Hurraaaaaay! Also tey have backstories!" Looks good though besides.

RV2006
July 13th, 2007, 10:10
I personally think this game looks pretty good, and the combo system isn't messed up like mortal combat (from what I gather from the trailer that is...)
I like the fact that they picked the characters with the best strories, especially Seigfreid (as I would love to use him in a final showdown against nightmare)

I think its quite brave of namco to go in a different direction with the franchise, as they could've just made a soul caliber 3 with motion controls (like Tenchaichi 2 and Mortal Combat)

This is on my wish list for sure!

Accordion
July 13th, 2007, 15:39
i guess the Wii remote is incapable of tracking real-time motion then.

another wasted opportunity.

when Wii games move from digital base actions to actual representations of movement i might become interested. this is poor