PDA

View Full Version : Atari New System

Eric
September 13th, 2004, 09:27
Yep this may sound weird but Atari has decided upon making a new system. But its based on there old games this is what i picked up so far.

Atari is going to release a new retro console called 'Atari Flashback'. The release date will be the upcoming holiday season. Look at the Atari homepage for more informations!

The games :

* Adventure™
* Air Sea Battle™
* Asteroids®
* Battlezone®
* Breakout®
* Canyon Bomber
* Centipede®
* Crystal Castles®
* Desert Falcon™
* Food Fight™
* Gravitar®
* Haunted House™
* Millipede®
* Planet Smashers™
* Saboteur™
* Sky Diver™
* Solaris™
* Sprintmaster™
* Warlords®
* Yar’s Revenge

I think thats cool hopefully I can pick one of these up at my fav store.

Eric

tinku
September 13th, 2004, 12:39
LOL!!

no one in their right mind is going to support Atari with this.

since the st and jaguar I persolnaly gave up on them like they gave up on many loyal customers....... burn baby burn

besides these games are playable on emulators on the pc.

WHurricane16
September 13th, 2004, 12:45
I gather this is going to be a new, smaller, light-weight Atari 2600 in a control pad. :/

EDIT: You interpreted that Slashdot news post oddly.

"Atari is announcing the re-release of their older games for the PS2 & Xbox. They are also talking about releasing a new console, which is a miniaturized version of the 7800 with built in games"

http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/09/07/1920234.shtml?tid=202

WHurricane16
September 13th, 2004, 12:51
WILL'S MOST RIDICULOUS READ COMMENTS OF THE DAY:

"But Bonnell downplayed the impact bootlegging could have on sales for "Atari Anthology" and the Atari Flashback console.

"You're right to say that a lot of them are bootlegged, and the code is not the right code, and the color is not the right color. But here we're offering them ... and you don't go through collecting the games on the Internet and being scared of the viruses that are going to pollute your computer at some point."

Wow, that's spin control for your ass. ::)

Eric
September 14th, 2004, 07:48
Hmm i hope you werent offending me there buddy cause if you were that pisses me off and there is no right to it i had no clue that it may or may not be a bootleg system i just thought it would be interesting cause I THOUGHT IT WAS MADE BY ATARI

EDIT: ODD isnt it that you are wrong that i got that news from slashdot i actually came across the news from Retro Gamers or something like that SO ODDLY YOUR WRONG BUDDY

DONE

Eric

Mental2k
September 16th, 2004, 15:32
And calm down eric! Its not a bootleg system, he just said theres not much point in it, cause most of those games are bootlegged anyway.

And only you know if he's offending you or not.

Read what other people say before going psycho.

Eric
September 18th, 2004, 00:06
sorry for going psycho i just hate when people start accusing and aswell say i steal things i didnt steal the news from a site i did one little copy and past from a site cant remember the name but its not from the one you posted and the rest was made by me

Cap'n 1time
September 18th, 2004, 08:50
DONT FIGHT OR I WILL STAB YOUR TOES!!!!!!!!!

We dont have hola anymore... so enjoy yourselves.

Alexvrb
September 18th, 2004, 14:03
sorry for going psycho i just hate when people start accusing and aswell say i steal things i didnt steal the news from a site i did one little copy and past from a site cant remember the name but its not from the one you posted and the rest was made by me
He didn't accuse you of stealing the news. He said you misinterpreted it, which you did, even if you didn't get it from Slashdot originally. Now, you should still always show your sources, but that's another matter. Either way, you need to check into things more before posting. Otherwise you make an ass out of yourself by going nuts. :-/

If you think I'm insulting you, then you don't know English very well or something. I'm saying that when you fly off the handle, you make yourself look like a jerk.

Mental2k
September 18th, 2004, 17:03
Yeah eric when u fly off the handle you become rather Holaesq ;)