PDA

View Full Version : Portable Game & Media Player Released

wraggster
July 13th, 2007, 17:36
Over at Success HK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Digital_Electronics_Portable_Game___Media_Player.h tml?aff_id=24) a new Console with built in emulation support has been released and surprisingly enough it boasts Snes, Nes and Megadrive emulation from the Off.

Heres the details:

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/DE-0139-PORTABLE-GAME-MEDIA-PLAYER-L.jpg

Product Features

Music Player : Support MP3, WMA, FLAC , with Equlizer
Game Player : Game Emulator support NES, SNES & MD/SMC ( Sega 16bit )
Movie Player : Support AVI of MPEG-4 format
Video Recorder : Record in 320*240 MPEG4
Picture Viewer : Support JPG, GIF , BMP format

Description

Portable Game & Media Player integrates such functions as watching Movie, enjoying Music, Playing GAMES , Reading novels, sound Recording, browsing Pictures and Take pictures. Feature : Game Player : Game Emulator support NES, SNES & MD/SMC ( Sega 16bit ), You can run thousands of game which you can download from Internet Movie Player : Support AVI of MPEG-4 format ( DIVX 3.11/4.X/5.X and XVID codec : Sizes : 320*240 @ 30 fps ) Music Player : Support MP3, WMA, FLAC , with Equlizer Camera : Digital Camera Function with 1300K pixel Video Recorder : Record in 320*240 MPEG4 Voice Recorder : Voice Recorde in MP3 format in 128,192 and 256KPS E-Book Reader : Support E-Book in TXT format Picture Viewer : Support JPG, GIF , BMP format Build-in 1G memory, Support Max. 4G external SD card. Build-in Litum Rechargable battery wth 12000mah , Continue Video play for 6 hrs, or Music play for 20 hrs. With Auto Shut down, Firmware upgradable, 3.6" screen size ( 960*240) TFT , Theme Select, Multi Language support ( English, French, Chinese, Italian, Portuguese ) , Wallpaper changable.

Sounds very interesting, emulation, media player and rechargeable battery. Its retailing at USD 109.68 (£55) at SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Digital_Electronics_Portable_Game___Media_Player.h tml?aff_id=24). Ill buy one for review as soon as possible and let you know if it lives up to the specs.

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Portable_Game_Media_Player_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Portable_Game_Media_Player_Released

More Pics

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/DE-0139-PORTABLE-GAME-MEDIA-PLAYER-5.jpg

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/DE-0139-PORTABLE-GAME-MEDIA-PLAYER-7.jpg

mysteriousnesss
July 13th, 2007, 17:47
This seems intriguing even if it doesn't boast the nice design of a PSP or GP2X. Another beautiful platform on which to start the spread of homebrew!

IUnNamedI
July 13th, 2007, 17:48
Curious if it runs the roms as smoothly as the actual systems do... Or is it the same emulatoin quality we are used to dealing with?

mysteriousnesss
July 13th, 2007, 17:49
By the way, who released this system, was it Success HK or some other third party?

mysteriousnesss
July 13th, 2007, 17:50
Three keys to deal with doesn't sound to appealing either...

RV2006
July 13th, 2007, 18:00
looks okay but it has a horrible key layout...

IUnNamedI
July 13th, 2007, 18:06
Ouch i didnt even realise that ... now how would that be an idea... lol i can see everyone sitting the r&d
" i think it should only be a 3 button layout..." no one disagrees? i guess lol did they plan just making it a homebrew system then the emulation game as a second idea or what?

Veskgar
July 13th, 2007, 18:18
Sorry but this looks stupid. How are you going to market a portable emulation/homebrew system and then give it such a horrendous button layout and cheesy D-Pad.

Very bad design.

Still drives the point home that nothing beats a homebrew-enabled PSP.

Sonny_Jim
July 13th, 2007, 18:45
I wonder if the authors of the emulators got compensated in anyway. I doubt very much they did.

jvabbdac
July 13th, 2007, 18:58
WHAT !!!!??? 109 for this ??? NEVER !!!! PSP will be 199 USD ! And i can do much more than this trash ! I pay only 30 USD for this ! Look keyboard layout.... 109 USD ? No way !

White_Hawk_UK
July 13th, 2007, 19:17
I'm with ^them^ on this one - what a horrible layout. I can't see that being a seller, though it'd be interesting to read a good review of it...

blindfold
July 13th, 2007, 19:38
PSP has a terrible screen refresh rate and quite improper resolution. DS has too small resolution and lack of power. This one is quite a good idea, but I agree - doesn't look so good.

yoshinatsu
July 13th, 2007, 20:17
the nice design of a PSP or GP2X.

...GP2X has a nice design?
:rolleyes:

XDelusion
July 13th, 2007, 20:18
The buttons lay out looks like crap, but if if iplays videos for that price, then I may be interested, dunno...

alucard001
July 13th, 2007, 20:59
wow this thing looks horrible

cataphrax
July 13th, 2007, 21:13
Yeah, looks pretty badly designed... Dude, go to thinkgeek.com They have a 2gig digital watch that plays music and movies and of course is a watch for 100 bucks.

Dickhead
July 13th, 2007, 21:53
Yeah, but at least the screen has a nice if not strange screen resolution. I think its not too bad value for money. But I would prefer my PSP to this any day and so theres no point to this device if you have a PSP as the PSP is better

gamev8
July 13th, 2007, 21:53
Game Emulator support NES, SNES & MD/SMC
This thing only has three buttons not counting the shoulders but the SNES games will need four!

mfz64
July 13th, 2007, 21:56
this looks retarded....i agree, the key layout sucks...and 109 is way to damn expensive

jinqui242
July 13th, 2007, 22:19
Couldn't they have come up with a better name? Seems like they sent it out accidentally without an actual name. I wouldn't buy a product like that without knowing the company either.

ish420ism
July 14th, 2007, 00:49
I saw this a few months back on pvp4u.com. People check out the site, it's not mine but they come out with cool portable stuff all the time. Especially you Euro's, check it out. most of the stuff there will never make it to the States. Too bad though, they have stuff there that I would gladly trade my psp for, Maybe;)
once again, it's pvp4u.com :thumbup:

voorheesda
July 14th, 2007, 01:51
Looks cool....but the PSP can do all that ;D So ill stick to my beloved PSP!

shedeus
July 14th, 2007, 02:10
ouch... look at that god awful dpad. who on earth could pull off hadouken with that and with 3 buttons!!

mavsman4457
July 14th, 2007, 02:12
I was putting some thought into getting this or recommending it for one of my brothers but that three button layout is just insane. I don't know what would drive a company to do a three buttons layout. A six button layout would be the best because then that could cover genesis emulation perfectly but three is just insane. I really hope the new PSP can be exploited so we can get homebrew on it because it has some major perks that appeal to me over my current PSP namely a 100% functional analog stick that has never had problems, AV out, thinness, better battery life, and newness. Did I miss anything? The only thing that this machine has over the PSP is AVI playback. It's gotta be implemented into the custom firmware sooner or later for the PSP.

R4mbo
July 14th, 2007, 10:42
Yeah, very nice it supports SNES and NES Emulation, but, For SNES I am missing a 4th Button on the right, and the Start and Select Button in the middle, so technically great, but design is crap ;/

Eyedunno
July 14th, 2007, 18:23
Oh, how I wish GamePark hadn't gone under. I still desparately want an XGP Mini.

This looked cool for about 5 seconds, then I looked at the three buttons, all one on top of the other, and then I noticed the d-pad that seems designed to make you press down when you meant to press right.

What is it with controllers anyway? I would estimate that 95% of PC controllers now are either total crap or ripoffs of PlayStation controllers, which makes them almost worthless for 2D fighters. I bought Nuby's official Street Fighter PlayStation controller, and even that sucks. The button layout is okay, but the d-pad is so loose that it's worthless for SFA super combos. 75% of the time when I try to pull off, say, a double fireball, I jump instead. Grr.

The one good PC pad I ever owned was InterAct's ProPad 6, which went out of order after about 5 years of faithful service. Maybe I'll buy another on eBay...

n8archer_XI
July 14th, 2007, 19:33
cheaper than a GP2X, but not so much gaming functionality...

TeenDev
July 15th, 2007, 01:32
GP2X all over again...

lightningquickguy14
July 15th, 2007, 03:51
Personally, I like the idea. NES and SNES games, plus a camera with video recording does rock. Would Chrono Trigger be hard with three buttons?