PDA

View Full Version : MarcaDS v4.0 - Arcade Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
July 13th, 2007, 23:50
Alekmaul (http://www.portabledev.com/pages/ds/jeuxdev.-perso/marcads.php) has released a new version of his excellent Arcade emulator for the Nintendo DS:

heres whats new:

Version 4.0 of the 13/07/2007 New Design (thank you still in Lobo) and new Logo (thank you still in DayDream) Addition of its SN76496 and AY-8910, many plays have the sound now. Solomon' S key does not have any more Pb of background. Addition of Video Hustler, The Billiards, DigDug (2 sets), Hexa, Bank Panic grass. Galaga (and clones) become playable. Pinball Action becomes playable. Pb of background in Phoenix (and clones) are solved. In the same way how Pb of background in 1942! Addition of compressed the Zip support. Addition of the check of the CRC of the files to avoid the pbs compatibility. Addition of the management of the high scores. SELECT to add corners to the place of A (A becomes the principal shooting). More mode “Player 2”. More clones (less plays but that originals;)). Mario becomes Masao to have the sound. Ms Pacman becomes ms Pacman (bootleg) and the file zip mspacmab.zip. Piranha becomes Piranha (hack) and the file zip piranhah.zip. Jr Pacman becomes playable. Pb of shooting in solved Arkanoid. Use of EFSLIB, thank you Noda;).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crookedmouth
July 14th, 2007, 04:13
Wow Alekmaul fantastic! Great speed,great games. Another great day for the DS emulation scene.
I had to put MarcaDS in the root of my card, so try this if you get EFS errors.

Thanks Alekmaul, please keep up your awesome work.
Any chance this emulator could handle Joust?

igotdez
July 14th, 2007, 04:56
Wow Alekmaul fantastic! Great speed,great games. Another great day for the DS emulation scene.
I had to put MarcaDS in the root of my card, so try this if you get EFS errors.

Thanks Alekmaul, please keep up your awesome work.
Any chance this emulator could handle Joust?

im just wondering where do u find the roms for this

crookedmouth
July 14th, 2007, 05:20
The internet of course. ;)

I use Google

douglasamcintosh
July 14th, 2007, 10:05
It tells me that efs has failed ? Also (Have done the dldi thing).

Am I missing something obvious.

mxk1000
July 14th, 2007, 12:16
cant get this to work on my supercard sd
:confused:

crookedmouth
July 15th, 2007, 02:23
It tells me that efs has failed ? Also (Have done the dldi thing).

Am I missing something obvious.

Did you put MarcaDS.nds in the root of your card? Like I mentioned?

pants100
July 15th, 2007, 05:05
Did you put MarcaDS.nds in the root of your card? Like I mentioned?

I get the same failiure...

Project.txt up_your_lemmings.ld
EFS failed

Not sure thats the PRECISE error as I dont have it to hand but its basically right. Does it have some conflict when Lemmings is on the card too? I have an R4, latest firmware, and I tried the .nds file in its own folder AND in the root. Its DLDI patched too. Shame, I was looking forward to this for SOOO long :(

douglasamcintosh
July 15th, 2007, 08:18
crookedmouth: No. Now it works, thanks for the quick response. I feel very silly :)

pants100
July 15th, 2007, 18:15
I get the same failiure...

Project.txt up_your_lemmings.ld
EFS failed

Not sure thats the PRECISE error as I dont have it to hand but its basically right. Does it have some conflict when Lemmings is on the card too? I have an R4, latest firmware, and I tried the .nds file in its own folder AND in the root. Its DLDI patched too. Shame, I was looking forward to this for SOOO long :(

OK so I fixed it - and indeed it was the lemmings install. I removed everything Lemmings related and now it works. Very odd... hopefully someone can look into this.

douglasamcintosh
July 15th, 2007, 18:54
I have lemmings on my card. MarcaDS works fine.

x999x
July 16th, 2007, 01:45
Anyone get Masao to work with sound? I can get it to launch, just no sound...

Also, is there a way to turn off sound? Digdug and Galaga may run better with sound off, those games are actually running different boards for sound and graphics.

If anything, this emulator "emulates" just a handful of games in the gameslist as "playable." I wish this would have been pointed out in the Readme, I got all excited about Galaga. :(

pizzatacoman
July 16th, 2007, 02:22
Just play the nes rom of Galaga on NesDS.

crookedmouth
July 16th, 2007, 05:12
Anyone get Masao to work with sound? I can get it to launch, just no sound...

Also, is there a way to turn off sound? Digdug and Galaga may run better with sound off, those games are actually running different boards for sound and graphics.

If anything, this emulator "emulates" just a handful of games in the gameslist as "playable." I wish this would have been pointed out in the Readme, I got all excited about Galaga. :(

The gamelist list Masao as having no sound. However it does say that Bagman and Super Bagman have partial sound but I get none unless I'm not playing into it enough.The split screen does make some games unplayable like Time Pilot for instance.
Either way the DLDI support and being able to play many of the games at full speed(albeit without sound) makes this a great release.

pants100
July 16th, 2007, 17:40
I have lemmings on my card. MarcaDS works fine.

Is your card an R4 tho?

x999x
July 16th, 2007, 17:42
The gamelist list Masao as having no sound. However it does say that Bagman and Super Bagman have partial sound but I get none unless I'm not playing into it enough.The split screen does make some games unplayable like Time Pilot for instance.
Either way the DLDI support and being able to play many of the games at full speed(albeit without sound) makes this a great release.

I agree it's a great release, and all good things come in time.

I would rephrase my original post to say most of the games are "Fully Playable" with Galaga and Digdug being "Playable" with the caveat of running at 60% speed.

shertz
October 17th, 2007, 03:29
Every game I try to play I get garbage on the top screen and the bottom screen says "Error = 80" Im using G6 Lite.

crookedmouth
October 17th, 2007, 04:26
Are you DLDI patching MarcaDS.nds with the correct patch?

I had to put MarcaDS.nds in the root of my card.

I left all my roms in zip format.

You could also test your roms in MAME,because there are a ton of incomplete roms. I had to grab files from other rom sets. Mame told me what files were missing.

shertz
October 17th, 2007, 05:31
Yes, and the DLDI32 GUI message I get is "MarcaDS.nds does not have a DLDI section". Please help!

crookedmouth
October 17th, 2007, 12:03
Well if your using the newest version of Marca, there is a dldi section.
http://www.portabledev.com/files/filedwnld.php?file=MarcaDS_V40e.zip

Use DLDIRC(dldi right click) it is the easiest way to patch your .nds files, just choose G6 during installation.
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html

shertz
October 17th, 2007, 19:30
Got it working. THANK YOU!! Now how do I make it so the game is displayed on one screen instead of the split screen?

crookedmouth
October 18th, 2007, 01:35
Got it working. THANK YOU!! Now how do I make it so the game is displayed on one screen instead of the split screen?

Glad you got it working, and to answer your question.
You don't.
Maybe we can hope he updates it with scaling and perhaps some more speed and sound.
However , I myself hope he continues work on his dream come true emulator pomDS(apple2).

Shrygue
October 18th, 2007, 19:21
...and with that, time for lockage. Don't bump old threads.