PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE V0.63 (Birthday Edition) RELEASED

FOL
July 14th, 2007, 02:02
We have released a new version of PSPUAE (Amiga Emulator for PSP), changes / improvements are listed below.

Why the BE, simple, its exactly 1 year ago since pspuae.com started. So as to celebrate this fact, we decided to name it 0.63BE for Birthday Edition.

Also, with the recent memory increase. There will be some big states uploaded to pspuae.com that were made for this version. 1 of the largest being 10.5 Megs.

V0.63 BE - FOL, GnoStiC, cmf update

- Removed alot of un-needed code, to gain usable memory (GnoStiC and cmf)
- Optimized code to gain speed (GnoStiC)
- Added alot of defines to gain speed (FOL and GnoStiC)
- Added define to allow 10.5MB of memory, not limited to 6MB anymore (FOL and cmf)
- Changed the delay and latency on sound to gain speed (FOL)
- Changed PSPUAE cpu cycle unit to 1, gave stable speed increase (FOL)
- Removed 0 from Auto Frame Skip, pointless as it slows emu down when hitting 0 (FOL)
- Removed Interpol code as it was broken since 0.60, removing this gave speed increase (GnoStiC)
- Fixed memory selection, now only valid amiga memory configs are selectable (cmf)
- Fixed Crash, where if no Backdrop was present PSPUAE would crash PSP (FOL and cmf)
- Fixed Interrupts setting in sound, as it was still produing sound (FOL and GnoStiC)
- Added AutoZoom check to PSPUAE reset command, so each reset will turn off AutoZoom. This
stops the crash with certain configs, when AutoZoom was on. Simply Press and hold
L & R Trigger and SELECT after reset to turn it back on (FOL)
- Removed support for E / X-Loader and Tiff exploits as it was causing crash in
Custom Firmware's. A seperate E / X-loader tiff version is released seperately (FOL)

Remember Read the README`s, if your not sure of an option, please ask in the forums.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gamerremag
July 14th, 2007, 02:14
kOoL, keep up the good work :) im sorry i dont use amiga, but im glad people are putting in an effort to make the psp emu/homebrew scene even better! :)

SpacemanSpiff
July 14th, 2007, 02:28
Thanks a lot, good to hear this is still being worked on!

Hungry Horace
July 14th, 2007, 02:35
Thanks a lot, good to hear this is still being worked on!

if FOL gets his way, development will never cease :)

he's worked his socks off for this one, and with gnostic and cmf, the team has done a great job

XVredskysVX
July 14th, 2007, 03:47
awesome dling now thanks dude

Tophe
July 14th, 2007, 07:30
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thankyou!
I love you!!

Acctually... PSPUAE is one of the main reasons I even got a PSP.
Sony owes you guys!

Robert de Clair
July 14th, 2007, 07:58
This Is a Best Message From few months :)

PSPUae is AWASOME

Dickhead
July 14th, 2007, 08:42
Amazing Release!!! One of the Best releases for a long time, great old Amiga rocks too!

Amiga
July 14th, 2007, 10:25
Fantastic!! Nice one!!:)

Baboon
July 14th, 2007, 10:27
Ideal... I've been waiting for this release for many moons.

Downloading now. :)

Congrats to all who made this possible.

kharaboudjan
July 14th, 2007, 10:39
fantastic!! i have been waiting for this release for almost 6 months!!

too bad my psp is in turkey with my friend and not with me in sweden :(

im looking forward to play this version in august :D

Hope the speed will be much better than in the previous releases.

MANY THANX FOR THIS RELEASE! Hope the work will continue for some more releases !

jaws365
July 14th, 2007, 18:52
nice speed increase with this one!!!

diagrafi
July 14th, 2007, 19:13
perfect

kharaboudjan
July 14th, 2007, 23:29
is it like perfect emulation or that they have released a new version? :)

Skateblind
July 14th, 2007, 23:50
Not completely perfect, but in this release most of the games and apps Ive tried are alot quicker and more stable then the previous release, which was pretty good as well. Everything has got a lot better and just about every game I have ever played on a real Amiga, works at full speed or close to. Thats a big catalogue!

http://www.pspuae.com/

whitey75
July 15th, 2007, 22:18
All I can say is WOW! Last few I tried there was no real noticeable speed increase.

Still needs some more speed but the majority of games are playable now and the menu's have improved out of site!

This is a great release. Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers

jurkevicz
July 16th, 2007, 17:54
Thanks for the new update!!! This is one of my favorite emulators.

bodhee
July 16th, 2007, 23:54
was it the pamela anderson reference that got this done..thanks fellas..cant wait to boot up amberstar and check out the increase!!!

kharaboudjan
July 17th, 2007, 18:33
so how much speed increase do u guys get?

Skateblind
July 17th, 2007, 21:41
|-------------------------------------| <--- This much
Its different for each of the things pspuae emulates system,game,app,chip,cpu, etc

http://pspuae.com

Art
July 18th, 2007, 03:42
Good news but sorry to say it's loading only a small
percentage of the disk files I was using with the last version.

It's like most ADF files are ignored when I click on them.
Any ideas with that?

Art
July 18th, 2007, 04:13
Well a tad later I've found that if I zip the ADF files,
they then work :)
small bug: no exception message when no rom file is present
like it says is supposed to happen in the readme.
Only a small thing of course.

The first game I loaded that was not playable with my previous UAE is now quite playable :)

FOL
July 19th, 2007, 20:33
Well a tad later I've found that if I zip the ADF files,
they then work :)
small bug: no exception message when no rom file is present
like it says is supposed to happen in the readme.
Only a small thing of course.

The first game I loaded that was not playable with my previous UAE is now quite playable :)

Yeh, but what version are you using, 1.00 / Custom Firmware version? or you using 1.50 version?

It does state in the readme about the error messages, and they work fine, if your using correct version. 1.50 for FW 1.50 and 1.00 for FW 1.00 and Custom Firmwares.

I would really like to know where you got your .adf files, cause we would have had a flood of people with same problem, as your the only 1. I cant see it being pspuae. I have lots of adf's and everyone works fine.

You havent got a default config in there have you that is telling the drives to be HD or TURBO?

bwlfp
July 19th, 2007, 23:08
:thumbup: GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT NEWS! thanks for all your hard work FOL and co, you guys are legends.

limox
July 23rd, 2007, 16:26
sorry,im kinda noob with this.i placed all folders in placed and started the emulator,but after the main logo the screen goes black and i cant do anything else :(

FOL
July 23rd, 2007, 20:39
Yoy need the Kickrom files, its states everything in the readme. Even how to rename the kickroms correctly.

The kickroms are still sold, so they can not be provided with the emulator.

Try Google.

Spotfist
August 21st, 2007, 20:28
does any1 know of any good games to play? I had a go at fir and ice but it's far too slow or am I doing it wrong?

sdragon74
September 2nd, 2007, 08:43
thx