PDA

View Full Version : PSP rumble (force feedback) Proof of concept.

wraggster
July 15th, 2007, 13:15
News from FooFoo (http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6846.0)

SO I was working on a clients psp today and was having trouble getting the sound lighting and the soled lighting working separately. I decided to use a pic as a switch so I could switch between the two lighting options via the home keys. Any way I got a bit distracted and started playing about with a little motor out of a mobile phone.

I tried using one before as a force feedback mod but had trouble getting the motor to turn off. Well this time I had a pic sitting in the bread board. . . so I figured Id try it again.

After playing about with the code an a few resistors I got it working in a few min. Works pretty well, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

In basic terms what is happening here is the volt amp is sending voltage fed by the speaker to the pic, when it hits a certain pitch the pic turns on the motor.

I know this will all fit inside a psp because I installed 3 similar sized chips in a psp last week, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Video Via Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/v/iZ6QwyN65oo

Video_freak
July 15th, 2007, 13:19
Wow this is nice, except audio responce might not work as well as we think. Any sudden or sharp noise could trigger it, even at the wrong time. Anyways, awesome effort!

tvrstl
July 15th, 2007, 13:56
He's good at modding PSP (I couldn't see the PSP was rumbling, but I heard the sound it comes when a PS2 controller rumbles on a table)

kcajblue
July 15th, 2007, 15:32
you can see the thing spinning.
its the little circle thing under the psp.

Buddy4point0
July 15th, 2007, 16:46
very cool, this will be great if i get it

tvrstl
July 16th, 2007, 12:14
you can see the thing spinning.
its the little circle thing under the psp.

now i did:P

It would be cool to have this and the tilt controller at once when playing a plane simulator game!

than a bomb, or when the rumbler rumbled, It would seem like turbulence:P

Oh damn, I really want this:D:p

acn010
July 17th, 2007, 19:24
it was my idea :(
instead of that motor. i use samsung mobile phone vibrating motors one in each side for optimal vibration on sound

1timeuser
July 17th, 2007, 19:35
sweet :D

Let's hope this is sold or released :)

acn010
July 17th, 2007, 19:41
its not. you have to do it yourself, or i think you have to pay them to do it for you