PDA

View Full Version : SNEmul! WIP - Snes Emu for DS

wraggster
July 15th, 2007, 14:22
Some news about whats coming up in the next version of SNEmul! (http://www.snemul.com/ds/) :

Sorry, no new release yet… I’m busy with work and vacation …

Hope to add new features like screen scaling, new GUI, memory pak compatibilty and some nice things soon…

Anyway, I wanted to wish an happy birthday to.. old SNEmul core!
It was the 14th july 1997, the start of the SNEmul DOS emulator project!

10 years ago… it seems to me like it was yesterday!

A lot to thanks to all SNEmul(DS) users for your support and help!

Category
July 15th, 2007, 15:14
You keep releasing, we keep supporting!

Mr_Biggs
July 15th, 2007, 18:43
awesome news, i just have to wonder if the M3 Perfect SD's ram will be supported....

Eyedunno
July 15th, 2007, 20:58
The screen scaling stuff sounds awesome. What I hope for is optimized config files for individual games and maybe even a Secret of Mana version. It runs pretty damn well as is, but if a text hack version were released, wow.

saicrazyfire
July 16th, 2007, 02:21
i really hope this one works on my supercard rumble. all the snes emulators corrupts my microSD...sigh....i really want to play contra on the snes b4 the DS version comes out

TeenDev
July 16th, 2007, 02:48
you know, you should see if Loopy and the guy who made SnezziDS should get together and share the sources of your project, to have an SNES emulator that has the feature of every SnesDS, SnezziDS, and SNEmulDS. I doubt Loopy will want to though.He kind of takes a back seat in the DS dev scene now, except for FlashMe.

i really hope this one works on my supercard rumble. all the snes emulators corrupts my microSD...sigh....i really want to play contra on the snes b4 the DS version comes out

that's due to the file curruption in GBA_NDS_FAT and earlier libFATs

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 02:51
He released the NES DS source you know, though I don't know about SNES DS. And of course SNEmulDS has used the SnezziDS assembly core since around version 0.3 or 0.4 or so.

TeenDev
July 16th, 2007, 02:59
oh, looks like I should look up these things... oops.

and no he did not release the SNES DS source... to bad. At least he doesn't use the assembler that Dwedit used.. :p

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 03:12
Assembler that Dwedit used? What do you mean? Are you talking about Dwedit's issues with porting his code to GCC? With SNES DS, it's the same situation as with Dwedit's programs - if Loopy released the source, very few people could compile it due to the use of the $6,000 ARM SDT. That's why the release of NES DS's source probably isn't going to be of much use to many people.