PDA

View Full Version : SMS Plus PSP 1.2.2 Released

wraggster
July 15th, 2007, 18:27
Uberjack (http://psp.akop.org/smsplus/) a coder on the DCEmu forums has released a new version of his Sega Master System emulator for the PSP.

Heres whats new:

v1.2.2 SVN (July 11, 2007):

Fixed a bug that caused subsequently loaded games to crash
Added an option to use a faster, less accurate sound emulation engine (3-4 fps difference)
Added an option to remove the leftmost vertical column for SMS games

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ian h
July 15th, 2007, 19:23
just what this emu needed now can switch games without freezing.nice update gr8 work

da1writer
July 15th, 2007, 20:38
Great Job on the new release Uberjack, didn't think you would throw out a new update to us so quickly.

Now with the good:
Interface- I like the new options you give us with tweaking the games.
System- I still love your interface when it comes to this emulator, very easy to maneuver around.

Game Tried that gives the most problems for me:
Sonic 2 => Too fast of sound Emulation
Sonic Chaos => Same as above
Ecco (1) => Doesn't load up

Now I decided to give you my settings of which I am trying out.
In Options Tab:
Video=>Screen Type=> 16:9 Scaled (I like Full Screen ok)
Performance=>
Frame limiter=> 60 FPS
Frame Skipping=> No Skipping
VSync=> VSync (Less Tearing of image)
PSP Clock Frequency=> 333 MHZ
System Tab:
Hardware=> Sound Engine=> More Accurate
Game=> Vertical bar=> Disabled

Now with the Bad:
PSP Clock Frequency-
222mhz-300mhz => Too slow and sound is crackly (Shouldn't be because of what the gamegear's low frequency/cpu is)
333mhz=> Sound emulation is too fast, game runs good though.
Did try the faster sound option but didn't do anything I could see...

I think Chameleon can agree with me on this, if you fix that sound issue for 33mhz and slow gameplay for the lower fequencies you'll make this emulator great ;)!

gelon
July 15th, 2007, 22:11
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=473646&postcount=24

Robert de Clair
July 16th, 2007, 19:05
da1writer i was checked ecco the dolphin and it's working perfectly

some games have graphics blinking, example zool after hitting, xenon 2, aladdin - (upper bar)
so im waiting for next relase :) this one is nice but not perfect.

da1writer
July 16th, 2007, 20:58
I may just have a bad rom for ecco.
I'll too will wait until the next release and can't wait to try it out!

uberjack
July 16th, 2007, 21:55
da1writer: Unless I discover something really drastic that's hogging CPU speed, I regret to say that the emulator will probably not be sped up any more (and if it is, it will be marginal, like 3-4 fps). I've tried various things to speed up the emulator, but things ultimately fall on the emulator itself. Since I'm mainly a porter, I don't see what else I can do on my end.
SMS Plus is based on the latest version of my psplib library - the same library that powers ColEm PSP and fMSX PSP - and while those two emulators have near-perfect FPS at 222MHz, SMS Plus simply doesn't perform as well. And this is after significant library overhauls to improve FPS - SMS Plus uses VRAM for storing the intermediate image, and only a single pass for drawing to screen (fMSX used main memory and _two_ passes - it should be significantly slower than SMS Plus oddly enough - but it isn't). I also experimented with single-pass sound rendering - but that only gave me a 2-FPS increase at the expense of good code, so it wasn't really worth it that much.
I originally wanted to port MasterGear to PSP, but Marat has closed the sources and declined my offer to port, so no luck there :(
I'll still be looking for ways to speed up emulation, but at this point it doesn't seem likely - sorry :(

da1writer
July 17th, 2007, 02:52
No problems then, I'll stay with 333mhz, it's kinda the norm setting I give all my emulators. Is there any way to slow down the music for sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos but keep the speed of the gameplay? The music is playing way too fast for both those games :(!

uberjack
July 17th, 2007, 04:12
No problems then, I'll stay with 333mhz, it's kinda the norm setting I give all my emulators. Is there any way to slow down the music for sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos but keep the speed of the gameplay? The music is playing way too fast for both those games :(!
Sure, I'll look into it. Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.