PDA

View Full Version : PvP's First Person Shooter PSP

wraggster
July 15th, 2007, 21:50
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ppspfpsmod.JPG

PvP_LostKnight has posted a mod to his PSP which is quite something as you can see from the pic above, heres the details of what he did:

my psp was built to play FPS (first person shooter) games. AND i FINALLY got a digital cam to take pics of it! tell me what u think about it!!!

Work done to it
*removed stock analog nub
*cover stock analog nub hole with glue and painted it
*remove speakers from previous location and placed them on top of the psp
*removed umd drive
*external analog sticks
*usb mod
*sealed up charger port with glue and painted it slightly
*see thru jewel on umd door
*preparing psp for 'umd storage device' mod that im working on

work expected on it
*either sound reactive rumble mod (when sound gets very intensive itll rumble) or trigger rumble mod
*touch up the look of the psp
*paint
*leds possibly if i get time
*'umd storage device' mod or sound reactive subwoofer mod or ir keyboard that flips out of the umd drive

--do take note that the right analog stick does not have a back cover on it because i wanted to show you viewers what it looked like--
--also take note that i havent done ne cosmetic work on it so it looks kind of rough but it works fantastic!--

Full info and pics here (http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6850.0)

Triv1um
July 15th, 2007, 21:54
Amazing.

Buddy4point0
July 15th, 2007, 21:54
if you glued to charger hole shut how do you chage it?

DarthPaul
July 15th, 2007, 21:59
Eww that's nasty.

zheg_pagaza
July 15th, 2007, 22:00
noob

Triv1um
July 15th, 2007, 22:03

Im guessing the USB charger mod.

I really like it.

zheg_pagaza
July 15th, 2007, 22:13
it sux

ICE
July 15th, 2007, 22:44
whats with the speakers on top? lmao

mikebeaver
July 15th, 2007, 23:02
conceptually it is a good idea, it just looks very badly done at the moment, its a good but ugly mod and needs to be refined, but I am quite sure it took a lot of skill to do .

Props man,

Mike..

penileartery
July 15th, 2007, 23:27
dude, as long as he likes it, then who cares what others think. i think its pretty sweet, i wouldnt do it to mine, because its bricked lol, and i dont have the skill to do it, but other than that its sweet

Solidsnake3000
July 15th, 2007, 23:33
wouldn't that fu*k up your hands after playing with it for a while

tiosolid
July 15th, 2007, 23:43
I think he is going to have SERIOUS problems while trying to hit ANY PSP buttons.. but I liked the umd crystal door

joesnose
July 16th, 2007, 00:53
to all the knobs with nothing good to say, please keep it to yourself, thats the problem with letting 14 year olds sign up to forums.

great mod, good work.

mike_jmg
July 16th, 2007, 01:48
No offense but how do you grab it?, i bet your thumbs are killing you

Safari Al
July 16th, 2007, 02:50
This is amazing! great work. Does he use the usb port to charge or just a plugin battery charger?

benny blanco
July 16th, 2007, 03:17
This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Find the closest rooftop and swan dive off it.

Twisted.inc
July 16th, 2007, 03:49
It's not too bad, but like others said, your hands must be killing lol...

Man
July 16th, 2007, 03:55
This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Find the closest rooftop and swan dive off it.

follow your own advice, mod looks sweet, but i must agree, the hole pushing buttons must be hard, but when your playing call of Duty or anything that uses the buttons to aim, this would be cool.

Sterist
July 16th, 2007, 04:12

u can chage the battery by takin it out and putting it in a chager

zheg_pagaza
July 16th, 2007, 05:09
really that suck, no offense

traduccion:
apesta a la verga, sin ofender

Ultima Chocochu
July 16th, 2007, 06:26
Look's hard to use
And somewhat awkward
NOT saying I could do it
But as long as it makes the person who did it happy, I doubt he cares...Unless it murders his hands.
XD

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:05
Umm, I'm new here, but I have IMPORTANT NEWS! there is a new psp, just released, what does this mean for homebrew!?!?! will it be able to be downgraded? will it have some sort of build it block to prevent hombrew no matter the firmware version? Is the new psp worth getting?? decide for yourself! (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6173974/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1) this link may cease to work when gamespot next updates its cetral tab frameset, so just search gamespot for E3 info. or, go here (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161034) I would really like to post this as a thread, but it won't let me; I suppose because I am a new member. I've used this ssite for years I'm glad to finally be a member. I think I'm the first to post about this new PSP and what it means for the homebrew community; I believe that the new PSP will be homebrew compatible and that it will provide a fantastic boost to the PSP-homebrew and PSP-mod communities. Power to the people enjoy! ~~~(extended information)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable) (something fun)(http://www.amazon.com/Horatio-Hornblower-Collectors-Ioan-Gruffudd/dp/B000AYEIW2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0780911-7893268?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1184568971&sr=8-1) -SISKO have fun wid-it!

Psyberjock
July 16th, 2007, 13:14
There's only a couple of things I don't like about this mod.

#1: PSP functionality has decreased. I doubt he can use the orginal buttons on the right side of his PSP anymore judging by his pictures he posted on Acidmods. He removed the UMD drive and doesn't have a solution in place yet. Then he covered up his screwholes around the USB with the speakers, leading to an impossible situation if he wanted to use the camera or GPS.

#2: Too much glue gun. Everything he has modded he has covered with hot glue. His nubs are hot glued to the PSP, the holes that used to be there are all hot glued, and even the speakers on top are hot glued in place. Hot glue is for gently securing things, not molding into housings and permanently attaching things that will receive a lot of stress. As soon as he starts to play something those nubs are going to pop off and his PSP will go crashing to the ground, ripping out his wiring and ruining the whole mod.

It's a good try, but he needs to rethink things and seriously try to perform some damage control. Bust out the silver paint and repair the damage done to the case where the strap thingy used to be. Do something about all those fogafying micro scratches on your screen (did he drag it through the sand?), and figure out something other than hot glue housings. Oh, and maybe move those speakers to the left and right a little so you can use your USB for something other than charging and connecting to a PC.

SpooForBrains
July 16th, 2007, 13:48
I don't understand how the guy can solder in an analog stick mod but not understand how grounding works, or how to use the macro mode on his camera. He's insanely lucky he hasn't fried his motherboard yet.

http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6744.0

Read that link. It'll make your brain ache.

As for his UMD storage mod, which he insist he take credit for devising ... he intends to use a ribbon connector to attach a DVD drive to the UMD connector on his motherboard, with dim distant ambitions of hooking up some sort of internal flash or hard drive, and he has absolutely no idea how it'll work, or whether it'll work at all.

Psyberjock
July 17th, 2007, 02:49
I don't understand how the guy can solder in an analog stick mod but not understand how grounding works, or how to use the macro mode on his camera. He's insanely lucky he hasn't fried his motherboard yet.

http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6744.0

Read that link. It'll make your brain ache.

As for his UMD storage mod, which he insist he take credit for devising ... he intends to use a ribbon connector to attach a DVD drive to the UMD connector on his motherboard, with dim distant ambitions of hooking up some sort of internal flash or hard drive, and he has absolutely no idea how it'll work, or whether it'll work at all.

I know, reading that gave me a slight stomach ache. I read some of the stuff on the link about the UMD mass storage and he was actually asking f00f00 some simple questions, like how to run extensions from his triggers. How can you not figure that out? It has a button there. Trace the copper lines that leave the buttons!

The part where he wrote 3 paragraphs about how he thought of this first and required that everyone call it the PVP UMD Mod was ridiculous and borderline insane. He has real issues with needing recognition from strangers. I may actually have to beat him to the punch just to call it whatever the hell I want.

Maybe the funnies post was when someone asked him if he scratched off a contact with an exacto knife and if he should use small strokes and he replied, I just did it with a thumbtack. LOL I think that guy might have just been setting him up to see what other ghetto methods he's been employing other than the 4 pounds of hot glue.

I guess that in the end I mostly feel sorry for the xbox controller that this guy destroyed and the PSP that he's trying his best to destroy.