PDA

View Full Version : jEnesisDS 0.4a - Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo DS

wraggster
July 16th, 2007, 06:42
Lordus (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68175&page=4) has mesaged me this morning to tell me exciting news of a new version of his Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo DS

Heres the release news from Lordus:

As promised, here is the updated version with the newer cpu core.
I decided to split the HW and SW renderer versions, because it makes my life a bit easier...

The SW renderer version is included as a separate binary in this release and features 2 different scaling types:
"Jitter" might look better for action games, "Blend" mostly makes text more readable.

There is also a new option in the HW renderer: Force Update

If enabled, it reduces the chance of tile corruptions, but can also lead to massive slowdowns, if a game updates more tiles than the DS can handle in rapid succession.
So "off" is basically faster. You can however switch to "on" temporarily, if the tiles got corrupted to force a one-time update (Viewpoint).

Hope you like it

Download this excellent update and give feedback over at the release thread on DCEmu Here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68175&page=4

wiggy fuzz
July 16th, 2007, 08:45
i'm confused... is the genesis the same as the megadrive? does this mean sonic and knuckles on my ds? if so, you have all my support

Sakuragi
July 16th, 2007, 13:23
yes it s a megadrive/genesis emulator and sonic and knuckles run full speed ; )

mxk1000
July 16th, 2007, 15:10
does this version work with the supercard. i couldn't get last one to work properly

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 15:33
Both versions should work with all variants of the Supercard, both slot-1 and slot-2. Make sure you patch with DLDI or it won't be able to read the games from your cartridge.

mxk1000
July 16th, 2007, 15:55
Both versions should work with all variants of the Supercard, both slot-1 and slot-2. Make sure you patch with DLDI or it won't be able to read the games from your cartridge.

got the same issue as the lkast time, patched the file. then ran jenesis. got the menu fine, the touch screen doesnt work so i can select the cart for the games,
press select to get to the next screen wich is grey with a black line and the number 9. but no games?

very strange

Xcliber
July 16th, 2007, 16:12
I'm using supercard and ive dldi patched it too but jEnesis won't even load....(white screen)

Junixx
July 16th, 2007, 17:55
I patched the last version and it played just fine... scsd.dldi and the patcher blah blah, but i can't test this version because my brother accidentally stole my SD card (We were using it to transfer things to his PS3 and forgot it was in there.... and then he left and took it with him :()

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 18:07
Xcliber, try launching it through Moonshell. mxk1000, try patching with SCSD_moon.dldi instead to see if that works.

mxk1000
July 16th, 2007, 18:51
DanTheManMS your name says it all.
works a treat now
Cheers

Smothermunchie
July 17th, 2007, 16:02
Sorry, but I need to ask

Is there some reason why Scrabble wont load properly?

By the way, this is an awesome emulator so this isn't a bitchy post. :)

Lordus
July 17th, 2007, 20:56
Sorry, but I need to ask

Is there some reason why Scrabble wont load properly?

By the way, this is an awesome emulator so this isn't a bitchy post. :)

Thanks. If a game doesnt load, it most likely has something to do with missing sound/Z80 emulation.

In this case though try setting H-INT emulation to "on"... works for me at least.

MasterMan
July 17th, 2007, 22:46
Lordus, does sram saves are broken in 0.4a?
I'm trying only with Phantasy Star 4, it runs fine in HW and SW versions. But it can't seem to load saves, and it creates the *.SRM file right.
I tryed the same game in te prior 0.4 and it saves and loads fine. When i save a game in 0.4, i can load it in 0.4a, but the way arround doesn't work.

Any chance of sound yet?

Nice emu you got there, thank you.

Lordus
July 17th, 2007, 23:06
From readme:
- partial SRAM save/load support (doesnt work for all games yet)

I never got PS4 sram to load in any version. You must have been lucky ;)
Its also a special case, because it uses paging, (which is not yet emulated in the DS version) to "swap" Rom and Sram in and out of the same region. Will be addressed in a future version.

Any chance of sound yet?

No. Please dont ask about sound (i know its pointless to even say that).

igotdez
July 19th, 2007, 07:04
got the same issue as the lkast time, patched the file. then ran jenesis. got the menu fine, the touch screen doesnt work so i can select the cart for the games,
press select to get to the next screen wich is grey with a black line and the number 9. but no games?

very strange

i have got the same problem and im using a max media 4gig

DanTheManMS
July 19th, 2007, 08:21
If it's the one with the built-in hard drive, try using the following DLDI file:
http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/mpds.dldi