PDA

View Full Version : Riviera: The Promised Land

wraggster
July 16th, 2007, 15:51
Newly released game at Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1sq1.html)

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/4n/pa.83881.1.jpg

1000 years have passed since Ragnarok, the war between Asgard, realm of the gods, and Utgard, home of the demons. Recently, the floating island of Riviera has been showing signs of the demons' return. With the gods no longer present , another Ragnarok would mean certain doom for Asgard. The decision had been made to evoke the Retribution and destroy Riviera ; the Grim Angels Ein and Ledah were appointed as the executors of this task . Now, two angels descend upon the Promised Land...

Broadus
July 16th, 2007, 20:43
Is that a port of the two-year-old GBA game, or a sequel?

benn
July 16th, 2007, 22:39
hmm. i gotta say that i am not enjoying this game too much right now. but sticking with it as it i have no other rpg options left on my little psp.

tvrstl
July 16th, 2007, 22:48
hmm. i gotta say that i am not enjoying this game too much right now. but sticking with it as it i have no other rpg options left on my little psp.

get a Final Fantasy PS1 eboot, that's the best Rpg's (not talking about MMORPG, as I don't like what they do to your social life)

kcajblue
July 17th, 2007, 04:45
Is that a port of the two-year-old GBA game, or a sequel?thats what i thought.
it has the same name as the gba version.

devdj
July 17th, 2007, 11:48
well if ya don't like this or Final Fantasy look for Breath of Fire 3 as i much prefer to play BOF 3 on my psp than a crappy Final Fantasy game cause they suck.

BurningRage
July 17th, 2007, 11:58
its a remake, well a port with some additions like complete voice-acting, a bonuslevel, more sprites and probably some things i forgot.

benn
July 17th, 2007, 12:34
have played all FF on my PSXPSP
hmm. will try BoF3

true i do like the voice acting in this game but it has so many little irritations like:
no option to 'wait' or 'skip go' of specific PC.
no real explanation of skills breakdown, e.g. STR-UP you guess means strength up but what is GTR-BD ????
you can only choose 4 items for a fight - TOTAL!
your formation (if more than 2 people) has to have someone on the back row. You cannot have 3 players on the front row - why not when there is space?
etc etc.