PDA

View Full Version : PocketNES WIP Release 16/07/07

wraggster
July 16th, 2007, 16:10
DWEdit (http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?pid=1976) has released a new WIP version of the Nes emulator for the GBA and DS, heres the info:

This version is very buggy, since many changes were made.
I think I already released this version, but now the Boot Glitches which made it almost unreleasable are now fixed!
(yep, I had already released this version 7 months ago... but now there are a couple new fixes)
changes:
* Palette updater fixed, no longer writes out of bounds
* Duck Tales Fix (supports changing 8x8 sprite origin between left and right pattern table per scanline)
* 'dirty tiles' system for CHR-RAM games
* Different code for updating the sprites
* These two together fix sprite glitches in Battletoads, Wizards and Warriors 3, and more.
* Also a buggy and broken dirty tile system for CHR-ROM games
* New per-scanline scrolling code fixes Slalom, horribly breaks Rad Racer
* sprite visibility per-scanline buffer updated in sync with rest of buffers
* Fixed a little bug which caused harmless extraneous memory writes
* Yes it's really buggy. Has a new 'new frame' system which fails in lots of games.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

x999x
July 16th, 2007, 17:36
Does this fix Punchout? This would be my Emulator of Choice if it did ;)

jinqui242
July 17th, 2007, 12:38
This does run on the DS, correct? I tried it on my M3 Simply and it won't recognize the .gba file. I changed it to .nds and it won't load. I also tried DLDI-patching. Or do I need one of those slot 2 devices to run this?

Junixx
July 17th, 2007, 14:58
This does run on the DS, correct? I tried it on my M3 Simply and it won't recognize the .gba file. I changed it to .nds and it won't load. I also tried DLDI-patching. Or do I need one of those slot 2 devices to run this?

You need a slot-2 device, this is meant to be run in GBA mode

jinqui242
July 17th, 2007, 20:47
Thanks, better drag out my F2A or just use NES DS.