PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Puzzle World crash bug

Shrygue
July 16th, 2007, 18:47
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=79877)

Capcom has acknowledged a "conflict" between the latest PSP firmware, 3.5/3.51, and Capcom Puzzle World, which causes the game to crash.

However, despite having realised this and posted about it on the Capcom news blog (http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/06/11/psp_firmware_3_5_aamp_capcom_puzzle_worl) over a month ago, the problem remains in place in the European version of the game, released on Friday.

It seems to affect the Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo part of the puzzle bundle primarily, freezing the game within a few minutes of starting. We managed a couple of rounds with our European promo copy before it locked up on a load-screen.

Capcom's blog describes the problem as "similar to the same issues that we experienced previously with PSP firmware versions 3.3 and earlier" - supposedly sorted out with firmware 3.4, but apparently not completely.

"We are aware of this issue, and are working with Sony on possible fixes as quickly as we can," that post concludes. However there's nothing else on the blog since then, and when we rang Capcom UK for comment this morning there was no immediate response available.

We'll let you know when we get a fuller explanation, and anybody thinking of picking up Capcom Puzzle World might want to give it a miss until there's news of a fix.

Baboon
July 16th, 2007, 19:26
Thats a shame cause its a top game too.

Works fine on 3.40oe. :)

Veskgar
July 16th, 2007, 22:25
Soooo let me get this straight? It takes only days for SONY to patch firmware to fix so called "security" flaws when exploits are found and publishers can re-release games to patch up exploits.

But when a legitimate bug appears that really gets in the way of the consumers enjoyment and play, SONY and the game publisher can't "patch" something like that even after a month.

Very interesting.

So basically for people who want this game without the bug, they should just buy a PSP, downgrade it, throw on 3.40 OE custom firmware and there. Problem solved.

SONY makes the decision to go homebrew that much easier with situations like these.

Boony2
July 17th, 2007, 10:39
I bought this game on friday.

It simply DOES NOT work at all (3.50 & 3.51).
ALL the games in the pack freeze,then the PSP turns itself off.
It's NOT just puzzle fighter that freezes,all the other games in the pack do (including the extras & even the credits).
I've never known of a new release not even working,it's a complete joke.
I've even read reports of it not working correctly on 3.40 (the only firmware it works on in the uk).

Shocking.