PDA

View Full Version : Evolution's DriveClub could miss PS4 launch

wraggster
October 17th, 2013, 23:35
Loss of first-party racing title would bring PS4 launch exclusives to just two

Evolution Studios’s PlayStation 4 racing game, DriveClub, may not be ready in time for the console’s US and European launch next month, new reports suggest.

An anonymous source told The Same Coin that DriveClub has been delayed until spring 2014, while someone familiar with Sony later told Kotaku that the report is true.

A further report from Polygon has added to this claim, with Sony rep confirming that DriveClub was not on display at a US preview event yesterday.

“Unfortunately the DriveClub team did have some scheduling conflicts and they were not able to make it to the showcase today,” an SCEA rep wrote in an email.

On Twitter, DriveClub design director Paul Rustchynsky responded to requests on the game’s status by saying: “Unfortunately guys I don't have any new information on DriveClub to share. I've been out if [sic] the office for a week looking after my newborn!”

The loss of of the social racing game will be a blow to PlayStation 4’s launch, bringing the console’s list of retail exclusives to just two: Killzone: Shadow Fall and Knack. Xbox One on the other hand will have at least four exclusives, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 among them.

The launch line-up for both next-gen consoles received a shock upset earlier this week when Ubisoft delayed Watch Dogs, a hugely anticipated next-gen title, until spring 2014.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/evolution-s-driveclub-could-miss-ps4-launch/0184613