PDA

View Full Version : 3.51 M33 No-UMD bugfix

Chameleon
July 18th, 2007, 13:25
This is a new update correcting some No-UMD bugs found in the previous update, and a little extra treat... plugins for 1.5 homebrew:

1. Fixed the exit to the XMB with error 80020001
that happened to some people, or reduce its appearance.

2. Added plugins options for homebrew that use 1.50 kernel. The file to be used for it,
is ms0:/seplugins/game150.txt.

There is other bugfix, but we don't know if it will make much difference in compatibility.There are also other corrections but we do not know if they will influence enormously the compatibility of the New fashion No-UMD.

This is an accumulative update, it has the features of previous updates (wlan fix, no umd)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Via M33 Team Homepage (http://m-33.narod.ru/) (donate to them)

Sonicboy 101
July 18th, 2007, 13:28
This is great! :)

V3N0M
July 18th, 2007, 14:05
So this would be the third update. These guys are quick when it comes to releasing bug fixes. We really should just start naming them M33-1, M33-2, M33-3 Updates.

EDIT: That’s odd the update says M33-4? Was there even a third update?

Chameleon
July 18th, 2007, 14:19
This pretty much says it all:
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2227/screen1vo5.png

V3nom: the initial release- wlan fix- no umd- now this ( thats 4)

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 15:10
Here's their site: http://m-33.narod.ru/
Not many people know about it. You might want to put it in the first post.

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 15:19
This is what I just tested in M33-4:
Socom FTB2: doesn't work with M33 driver (crashes while loading), but works with OE driver
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror: works with M33 driver
Wipeout Pure: works with M33 driver
Metal Slug Anthology: doesn't work with M33 driver (crashes while loading), but works with OE driver
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops: works with M33 driver
Ace Combat X: works with M33 driver

Some work only in M33, and some only work in OE.
I'll test more and post in a few minutes.

V3N0M
July 18th, 2007, 15:36
Here's their site: http://m-33.narod.ru/
Not many people know about it. You might want to put it in the first post.

Hey Thanks burrito! Their site has all the updates to M33. Now I'll be able to add them to my PSP Custom Firmware FAQ. Check it out at.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68856

eboy
July 18th, 2007, 15:53
loving these updates.

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 16:13
Ridge Racer works with this new M33 driver, doesn't work with the OE driver.
Loco Roco works with the M33 driver.

All that needs fixed that I've noticed is Socom FTB2 and Metal Slug Anthology.

Cokemusic
July 18th, 2007, 16:39
These guys are friggin worka holics

Auriman1
July 18th, 2007, 16:47
I don't really care about no-umd myself, but I'm liking the ability to use plugins in homebrew :D

blackrave
July 18th, 2007, 16:57
I agree totally with Auriman1. I always have the same UMD in the slot, and don't really play many commercial games anyway, so No-UMD isn't really that important to me. But I, too, think the ability to finally use plugins in homebrew is superb! :)

Elven6
July 18th, 2007, 17:05
Ever since I updated this firmware has been giving me alot of trouble, like homebrew dosen't run, freezing, corrupt icons still visible, etc.

Buddy4point0
July 18th, 2007, 17:31
great! better no umd is always great

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 19:39
wut plugins can homebrew use?..

great update though. these guys seem like they get no sleep. i really appreciate the fast updates. this is our new Official custom firmware. i dont understand why people are kinda weirded out by it. some people dont trust this firmware.. but i trust this one. i just dont trust any other one that supposedly is going to come out because it has nothing to do with OE..

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 19:41
I got banned on the psp-hacks irc for talking about 3.51 M33. I don't understand why, this firmware is perfect!

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 19:43
Plugins for homebrew! And bugfixes...these guys are making me happier every day. And look at that,if burrito is right,now Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops works! It hasn't worked ever without the UMD. Much Love to M33!

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 19:58
is there such thing as plugins for homebrew? lol

possibly use cwcheat for gpsp and daedalus and dgen and other games?

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 20:00

No cwcheat won't work on your gameboy and n64 roms lol

Stuff like the screenshot plugin should now work in homebrew I think.

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 20:03
k, well still worth getting this update

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 20:04
Yeah and possibly they start making plugins for homebrew from now on.

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 20:07
maybe irmp3.prx would work in homebrew now so i can listen to musik when im playin games

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 20:07
I just want them to fix Socom FTB2 and Metal Slug Anthology. Then it will be perfect :)

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 20:08
maybe irmp3.prx would work in homebrew now so i can listen to musik when im playin games
why don't you try

Gold Line
July 18th, 2007, 20:09
cool updates are always a good thing :)

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 20:10
why don't you try

cuz im not on the firmware anymore. lol

ill try once i beat this one game and figure out how to get my psx eboots to work on that firmware. ive updated to M33 once but i wasnt satisfied. then all these updates came out and now i feel satisfied. lol

edit: dammit my sig is huge, i gotta fix that

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 20:16
cuz im not on the firmware anymore. lol

ill try once i beat this one game and figure out how to get my psx eboots to work on that firmware. ive updated to M33 once but i wasnt satisfied. then all these updates came out and now i feel satisfied. lol

edit: dammit my sig is huge, i gotta fix that

Yeah upgrade to M33 you @*&@! Haha :D
And did you know that Tempo is from where I am? Puerto Rico!:thumbup: He's in jail here..lol.

Edited:
- Killzone: Liberation - Works with M33 driver.
- Medal of Honor: Heroes - Works with M33 driver.

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 20:23
Yeah upgrade to M33 you @*&@! Haha :D
And did you know that Tempo is from where I am? Puerto Rico!:thumbup: He's in jail here..lol.

ill update when im done with a few games. the cheat device for VCS and LCS doesnt work on any version higher than 3.03 OE. if someone gets it to work on 3.51 M33 with out freezing. let me know so i can update earlier. lol

yea i knew tempo was puertorican. i thot he was in jail in Miami? o well FREE TEMPO :thumbup: y q viva el reggaeton y hip hop

wait you live in PR or here in the states?

mikebeaver
July 18th, 2007, 20:29

Nah, cwcheat wont work as it is designed for psp or ps1 games, depends on what version.

This new functionality allows you to use other suchprx's asBurrito said, but more importantly yo can now use irsmp3.prx WITH daedalus and it shows hardly any slow down, meaning no more quiet sessions of playing Mario 64 etc, yey.

Mike..

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 20:34
ill update when im done with a few games. the cheat device for VCS and LCS doesnt work on any version higher than 3.03 OE. if someone gets it to work on 3.51 M33 with out freezing. let me know so i can update earlier. lol

yea i knew tempo was puertorican. i thot he was in jail in Miami? o well FREE TEMPO :thumbup: y q viva el reggaeton y hip hop

wait you live in PR or here in the states?

So the cheating device doesn't work with firmwares higher than 3.03 OE? That's bad.. I don't know because I don't use it,I don't like to cheat. But when my little brother[4 years old] plays with my PSP and plays GTA[yeah he plays GTA since he was 2],I use CWCheat,it's great,you could add the cheats from the Cheat Device,if you know the code that is.

Oh and I really don't know where Tempo is right now haha. And yeah I live in Puerto Rico!

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 20:38
Nah, cwcheat wont work as it is designed for psp or ps1 games, depends on what version.

This new functionality allows you to use other suchprx's asBurrito said, but more importantly yo can now use irsmp3.prx WITH daedalus and it shows hardly any slow down, meaning no more quiet sessions of playing Mario 64 etc, yey.

Mike..

i remember looking through the cheat.db with the editor and i saw one homebrew game. it was titled homebrew. then under that list it says psp tetris and a few other things, kinda got me thinking you can use it for other homebrews.

and yes! irsmp3 rocks. now i dont have to use irshell! irshell slows the emus down big time..

use CWCheat,it's great,you could add the cheats from the Cheat Device,if you know the code that is.

how do i know what the codes are? i would seriously consider moving all the cheats to cwcheat so i can update

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 21:01
how do i know what the codes are? i would seriously consider moving all the cheats to cwcheat so i can update

There should be a way. I'll look inside the prx and see what I find.

Edited: Ehh...uh...hm...nevermind. It's too complicated. Sorry..:o

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 21:07
this is what i mean by homebrew with CWCheat: click spoiler and notice that thers homebrew in the database

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/425/screenshot02gg8.jpg

soad825
July 18th, 2007, 21:28
i just like cwcheat for screen shots ny one know any other ways to get screenshots ? and xg917 thats pretty cool have you tried ne in tetris or breakout yet?

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 21:32
i just like cwcheat for screen shots ny one know any other ways to get screenshots ? and xg917 thats pretty cool have you tried ne in tetris or breakout yet?

i know there is a plugin that lets you take screenshots with just a few button combos. i dont remember the name of the plugin though..
no not yet. im going to check once i download those games. i hope it works. then there might be a chance for other homebrew and emulators

Cloudhunter
July 18th, 2007, 21:32
I got banned on the psp-hacks irc for talking about 3.51 M33. I don't understand why, this firmware is perfect!

Well, we haven't completely tested it yet and we don't support any ISO loaders. However, PM me and I'll attempt to get it straightened out for you, if you haven't broken any rules.

Cloudy

burrito
July 18th, 2007, 22:21
Well, we haven't completely tested it yet and we don't support any ISO loaders. However, PM me and I'll attempt to get it straightened out for you, if you haven't broken any rules.

Cloudy
The ban was for only an hour, I didn't really care.
If you don't support iso loaders, why can we not talk about 3.51 M33-1 or 3.51 M33-2, which have the same iso loaders as oe firmwares? But we can talk about oe firmwares.... It makes no sense.

CaptainMorgan4
July 18th, 2007, 22:25
Xg maybe you could clear this up for me, this No UMD thing what is it? Is it just so you can run LEGAL iso's of the games you already have off the memory stick?

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 22:31
This UMD thing is a driver you activate through your Recovery Menu that let's you run Isos/Csos without a UMD inserted in your PSP. It gives faster load times,plus you save up battery life using it.

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 22:33
well with the No UMD setting enabled, you are able to run isos with out having a UMD inserted in your psp, thus saving battery life because umd reader isnt running. and some say there are faster loading times with No UMD enabled. No UMD is not compatible with every iso. some isos you will need to have a UMD in your psp and No UMD disabled to play those isos

CaptainMorgan4
July 18th, 2007, 22:34
I don't understand though, I can run illegal ISO's of UMD's just through my GAME folder with the custom firmwares. What is this just the LEGAL way of running the ISO's?

edit: I'm not going to lie I have one ISO of a game I don't own and I run it by just putting that CSO in my GAME folder, how does this feature benefit me?

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 22:37
The legal way is running the Iso you made[backup] from a UMD you own.
This feature benefits those who have the UMD drive broken,and so.

Edit: You can run your Isos in the Game folder always correctly because you always have a UMD inserted in your PSP,right? But let's say you go out and forgot to put the UMD in. The Isos normally were able to run using a UMD. But after someone made this feature,you can run the Iso without the UMD in. Still lost? :p

Squidman
July 18th, 2007, 22:41
in short, the PSP doesn't know/care if the ISO/CSO is legal or not, it'll just read thru the files contained in it and will boot it up like a PSP game [and it's not the game folder you put it in, it's the ISO folder in the root]

CaptainMorgan4
July 18th, 2007, 22:47
I get it now but say if I take the UMD out of my drive while I play my ISO and have updated with this feature, will I get a better loading time/battery life versus the way I run my ISO's now, with my UMD in the drive?

edit: Yeah woops my GAME folder is for PSX, yeah I got the ISO folder, my bad my mind slipped.

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 22:50
yes u should be able to get longer battery life. and supposedly faster loading which you might not notice

CaptainMorgan4
July 18th, 2007, 22:53
If I enable this feature do I HAVE TO have no UMD's in my drive or can I have one in my drive and still get better battery life and load times?

DarthPaul
July 18th, 2007, 22:55
I get it now but say if I take the UMD out of my drive while I play my ISO and have updated with this feature, will I get a better loading time/battery life versus the way I run my ISO's now, with my UMD in the driver.

Also remember that you have to Enable this feature through the Recovery Menu before you can use it. So if you have the UMD inserted and you take it out without this option Enabled the game won't run anymore. And remember that this doesn't run every game.

CaptainMorgan4
July 18th, 2007, 22:57
It's cool I only want to run one game (Tomb Raider Legend) so I'm sure it will run since it's only one game and the odds are for me.

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 23:00
try with both the M33 no umd driver and the OE driver. because some games run on both and some dont.

CaptainMorgan4
July 18th, 2007, 23:08
I set it to the M33 driver and the ISO booted with NO UMD in the drive, I didn't notice anything different but anything that saves me battery life is fine by me. This feature doesn't effect real UMD's performance does it? Should I go to the recovery menu to change the driver if I want to play regular UMD's?

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 23:21
nah u dont have to change any settings if you want to play actual umds

siulmagic
July 18th, 2007, 23:30
hey darth paul im from aguada man PR wepaaaaaa

NintendoGuy
July 18th, 2007, 23:36
WOW They're fast:

The 3.51M33-5 or NO-UMD Bugfix 2 released:

INFOS:

Greetings!

This update (yet another) fixes two important bugs in the no-umd mode. The bugs affected Socom 2, Virtual Tennis 3 and probably many more games.

- Team M33

Download Attached with No-Password

Tested here and working! :D

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 23:44
omg these guys never stop. keep em commin yo!

siulmagic
July 18th, 2007, 23:46
nice bleach heat the soul works

soad825
July 18th, 2007, 23:57
WOW They're fast:

INFOS:

Sweet!,:thumbup: can ny 1 test vice city stories for me olz i don't have the game and thinking about buying it and rip it to play?

xg917
July 18th, 2007, 23:59
VCS and LCS both work

Gene
July 19th, 2007, 00:06
The only thing I would ask for in an update to this, is fix for the ratchet and clank: size matters UMD. You see It only runs when the cpu speed is at 266 or higher. and infrastructure just hangs. The only way I can play it is through devhook, and it sucks to not be able to run any of my plugins. Please, if team m33 is reading this, fix ratchet and clank. Or at least see what you can do.

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 00:12
yea i wonder what is affecting ratchet and clank from running correctly.. someone should post on M33 forums talking about that game.

Gene
July 19th, 2007, 00:13
yea i wonder what is affecting ratchet and clank from running correctly.. someone should post on M33 forums talking about that game.

DO you know where the forums are? I would gladly post about it.

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 00:22
someone please go to the forums and copy and post this message to them. it is reguarding ratchet and clank bug and asking them if they can fix it (i used a translator so i dont think it is as accurate as it seems:

здравствулте! I влюбленность реально как вы ванта выпускаете реально быстрые уточнения! я имею проблему с этой одной игрой, храповиком и дела размера бряцания эта, котор игра не работала для любых вариантов OE.

эта игра только работала бы на 266 скоростях часов или более высоко и режим инфраструктуры не работал бы на всех в OE. я appreciate если ванты могут исправить эта черепашка как-то благодарят вас

извините меня для меня не знайте русский язык. я справедлив использующ переводчика для того чтобы поговорить к вам ванты keep up большая работа
I LOVE M33

eboy
July 19th, 2007, 00:22
http://pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=478058#post478058

Thats there forums, have fun

nice update.

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 00:45
hey darth paul im from aguada man PR wepaaaaaa

Weeepa! I'm from Mayaguez!/Yo soy de Mayaguez!

WOW They're fast:

INFOS:

Omg that's so freaking fast. How I love them.. And thanks NintendoGuy for the heads up!

Gene
July 19th, 2007, 00:46
someone please go to the forums and copy and post this message to them. it is reguarding ratchet and clank bug and asking them if they can fix it (i used a translator so i dont think it is as accurate as it seems:

здравствулте! I влюбленность реально как вы ванта выпускаете реально быстрые уточнения! я имею проблему с этой одной игрой, храповиком и дела размера бряцания эта, котор игра не работала для любых вариантов OE.

эта игра только работала бы на 266 скоростях часов или более высоко и режим инфраструктуры не работал бы на всех в OE. я appreciate если ванты могут исправить эта черепашка как-то благодарят вас

извините меня для меня не знайте русский язык. я справедлив использующ переводчика для того чтобы поговорить к вам ванты keep up большая работа
I LOVE M33

It's funny how it translated "Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters" directly

yeah I'll just change that one part, Everything else looks good enough to understand. Thanks for the help.

NintendoGuy
July 19th, 2007, 01:04
Omg that's so freaking fast. How I love them.. And thanks NintendoGuy for the heads up!
You all are welcome...

I'll try posting the news as soon as they'll be released :p

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 01:05
no prob. thnx for ur help sending the message to them ;)

and thanx nintendoguy for the update

minister
July 19th, 2007, 01:06
I can't create new thread so I put it here. It seems we have update #5:

"Greetings!

This update (yet another) fixes two important bugs in the no-umd mode. The bugs affected Socom 2, Virtual Tennis 3 and probably many more games.

- Team M33"

scarph
July 19th, 2007, 01:08
on their site there's a m33-5. should i be concerned?

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 01:12
I can't create new thread so I put it here. It seems we have update #5:

"Greetings!

- Team M33"

NintendoGuy uploaded that update on page 6..thanks though. :o

on their site there's a m33-5. should i be concerned?

Huh? It's their official site! How could you not trust?

scarph
July 19th, 2007, 01:16
haha i didnt mean it like that

just saying wtf mate
how so fast?

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 01:21
well since there are more people working on this custom firmware i guess they get their work done faster :)

how lucky are we to have these people at the time dark alex left.. we will still remember him.

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 01:24
I opened a New Thread for the new update,it's here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69021).

soad825
July 19th, 2007, 05:29
VCS and LCS both work

thnx thats nice to know now MGS:Portable ops and GTA and metal slug work but metal slug errors wh:confused: en trying to play #6 IS it just a bad rip xg sm1 plz let me know

EDIT:with m33 5 it works very slowly its a start compared to not loading at all

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 05:41
im not sure. i dont have that game..

runejayce
September 5th, 2007, 16:05
How do I run the ISO's in the first place as all my main homebrew is on a 2GB stick while I have movies and that on a 4GB stick... Do I create a ISO folder on the 4GB stick and run them from there or do I have to run the ISO's from the 2GB stick?

MrMojo
September 5th, 2007, 17:29
How do I run the ISO's in the first place as all my main homebrew is on a 2GB stick while I have movies and that on a 4GB stick... Do I create a ISO folder on the 4GB stick and run them from there or do I have to run the ISO's from the 2GB stick?

Well, I believe it's not that hard to try... make an ISO folder in the root of the 4GB stick, place an ISO in there and try to run it. If it doesn't work, just create the whole directory tree (just empty folders, but at the right places, would be fine)

Cheers, A.