PDA

View Full Version : 3.51 M33-5 Released!

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 01:21
Via M33 Site (http://m-33.narod.ru/)

A new firmware update from Team-M33 has been released.

Changelog:

- Fixes a bug that didn't let Socom US Navy Seals: Fireteam Bravo 2 and Virtua Tennis 3 to load in the new No-UMD mode.

Thanks to NintendoGuy for the news.

Do not forget to Donate:

- Click here (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=nuQAF1WD7Q5FG8xJuawmRlquxHpVTj89v9vgMb_pw2 kvo27hcmPG2ES5YlgNZD_KTOZLBW&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f941d8253416939c6cd2491d67 2d93b7d1e698a48ccfa490e) to donate.
- Or go to the bottom of the M33 Site (http://m-33.narod.ru/) and click the Donate button.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

V3N0M
July 19th, 2007, 01:45
Man this is making it hard to keep my PSP Custom Firmware FAQ up to date. When these guys are releasing updates every couple of seconds!!! :p

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 01:45
wen i updated last time to M33 i tried to play liberty city with cwcheat enabled and it would just crash my psp when it gets to the loading screen. i wonder if it works now with all these bug fixes even though they are only fixes for no umd compatibility. w/e ill update later.

so did anyone test these games thats supposedly work now? i have socom on my memory stick but i cant test it since im at 3.03 OEC

doomex
July 19th, 2007, 01:46
teken and pro evoltution soccer 2007 doesnt work, well waiting for another update,

Belloc
July 19th, 2007, 01:49
I don't get it ... None of my isos / csos work, either with the normal patch or this. I entered the recovery menu and choosed M33 loader with no UMD disc (Since my UMD drive is fu**ed :( ), but with 3.40 OE-A I got more working then on this, but games like Luxor, Burnout Dominator, Burnout Legends (Only got it to work on 1.50 with 0.46 devhook), Marvel Nemesis etc. I can't get to work, with either M-33s Firmware OR Dark_AleXs :(

Could someone please help ?

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 01:49
wen i updated last time to M33 i tried to play liberty city with cwcheat enabled and it would just crash my psp when it gets to the loading screen. i wonder if it works now with all these bug fixes even though they are only fixes for no umd compatibility. w/e ill update later.

so did anyone test these games thats supposedly work now? i have socom on my memory stick but i cant test it since im at 3.03 OEC

Mediumgauge released a version of CWCheat which works with 3.51 M33 a few days ago.
And I tested Socom and it works,I'll test Virtua Tennis later.

I don't get it ... None of my isos / csos work, either with the normal patch or this. I entered the recovery menu and choosed M33 loader with no UMD disc (Since my UMD drive is fu**ed :( ), but with 3.40 OE-A I got more working then on this, but games like Luxor, Burnout Dominator, Burnout Legends (Only got it to work on 1.50 with 0.46 devhook), Marvel Nemesis etc. I can't get to work, with either M-33s Firmware OR Dark_AleXs :(

Could someone please help ?

Use 3.51 Kernel and enable the "Plain modules in UMD/ISO" option and tell me how it goes.

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 01:51
This fixed Socom FTB2 and Metal Slug Anthology! :)

When I was looking at the M33 forums, I saw this in bold red English:
"For not russian users - especially website admins: For every sites, if you apreaciate our releases and the visitors that they bring to you, we would appreciate if you could put our paypal link [on m-33.narod.ru] in evidence as we need to purchase hardware matterials. Thank you."
So darth maybe you should edit the first post.

Cokemusic
July 19th, 2007, 01:53
Russia Ftw Lol

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 01:54
is it 0.1.8 ?rev B that he released? because i tried that. and it didnt work...

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 01:54
Russia Ftw Lol
Russians can code faster than Dark_Alex :p

Belloc
July 19th, 2007, 01:58
Use 3.51 Kernel and enable the "Plain modules in UMD/ISO" option and tell me how it goes.

You mean Game Folder Homebrew Kernel ?

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 02:01
This fixed Socom FTB2 and Metal Slug Anthology! :)

When I was looking at the M33 forums, I saw this in bold red English:
"For not russian users - especially website admins: For every sites, if you apreaciate our releases and the visitors that they bring to you, we would appreciate if you could put our paypal link [on m-33.narod.ru] in evidence as we need to purchase hardware matterials. Thank you."
So darth maybe you should edit the first post.

Thanks burrito,edited.

You mean Game Folder Homebrew Kernel ?

Yes,that.

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 02:01
All of my isos work without doing that.

btw, the paypal link is broken

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 02:07
All of my isos work without doing that.

btw, the paypal link is broken

The link is working for me... o_O

not working for me either. lol

Omg. Do you guys use Internet Explorer? It worked for me on FireFox but didn't on Internet Explorer. Well... I know what to do. :p

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 02:08
not working for me either. lol

zeritooverride
July 19th, 2007, 02:09
Wow these guys are either unemployed or just have too much time on their hands to keep updating the firmware.

Has anyone tried Metal Gear Solid PO yet?

Buddy4point0
July 19th, 2007, 02:10
HOLY JESUS.
this is ri-****in-diculous. i havnt even got m33-4 installed yet. this is like the forrth update today. i like the fast updates, but make them a little more bug free so that there is less bug fixes. nice though.

Belloc
July 19th, 2007, 02:10
DarthPaul - Stilll no luck, at least not with Burnout Legends, and it loads slooooooooowly :( hehe

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 02:18
DarthPaul - Stilll no luck, at least not with Burnout Legends, and it loads slooooooooowly :( hehe

Loads slowly? What's your CPU Speed?

Wow these guys are either unemployed or just have too much time on their hands to keep updating the firmware.

Has anyone tried Metal Gear Solid PO yet?

I heard that Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is working since the 4th update of the M33.

Belloc
July 19th, 2007, 02:22
Loads slowly? What's your CPU Speed?

Changed both to 333 mhz, putted the cso in the iso folder and double checked, that the file name isn't 56 letters. But still no cigar mate :confused:

gamer121
July 19th, 2007, 02:22
these updates are great. My question is does the no UMD make the battery last longer?

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 02:26
these updates are great. My question is does the no UMD make the battery last longer?

Yes it does.

Changed both to 333 mhz, putted the cso in the iso folder and double checked, that the file name isn't 56 letters. But still no cigar mate :confused:

Then I really have no idea,well at least I tried... :o

Belloc
July 19th, 2007, 02:32
Then I really have no idea,well at least I tried... :o

Well thanks for trying man, trying various settings in hope that it will work or there will be an update that works like an charm for me lol, but I'm keeping my eyes on the tread tomorrow, time to go to bed here. Night night and thanks for trying again :thumbup:

night night

Veskgar
July 19th, 2007, 02:42
As if we did not already know, these guys are the real deal. The rate of updates given by the M33 team is very impressive and goes to show that this custom firmware will be serious contender for being the premium custom firmware we all look towards in the future and even now.

It usually takes me a long time to change to something new and 3.40 OE-A hasn't failed me yet but I have to say that each update I see from the M33 team makes me want to upgrade to 3.51 M33 more and more.

With greatly improved noUMD compatibility and 1.50 kernel plugin capability, among other features, this custom firmware is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

I don't not everyone is upgrading to this yet but they definitely get an A+ for effort. :thumbup:

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 02:44
Tested:
- Crush - Works with M33 driver
- Metal Gear Solid: PO - Works with M33 driver
- Ratchet and Clank: SM - Works with M33 driver

Well thanks for trying man, trying various settings in hope that it will work or there will be an update that works like an charm for me lol, but I'm keeping my eyes on the tread tomorrow, time to go to bed here. Night night and thanks for trying again :thumbup:

night night

Good night. And no problem. ;)

ALTIMITHacker
July 19th, 2007, 02:53
Still too bugy for me to use but its nice to see their trying to fix it up so its functional.

Veskgar
July 19th, 2007, 03:11
Tested:
- Ratchet and Clank: SM - Works with M33 driver

That reminds me, has anyone tried to see if Ratchet and Clank SM works using infrastructure online mode with this M33 firmware?

I could never get it working on OE firmware. I know people needed to use DevHook to use R&C SM's infrastructure.

Bastion
July 19th, 2007, 04:16
Does Parasite Eve 2 work on it yet?

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 04:19
no idea, y dont u try it

gamer121
July 19th, 2007, 04:26
Tested:
- Killzone with M33 driver
- Burnout - Works with M33 driver
- GTA:VC - Works with M33 driver

Belloc
July 19th, 2007, 04:34
OMG ! Finally after 4 hours staying up (Now it morning here in Denmark lol! :D), I got it working. Just played Burnout Legends, Luxor and Burnout Dominator and I'm sure the others will work as well. I just had to do the following:

use 3.51 kernel (As we talked about)
Advanced -> Advanced Configuration ->

Disable all 3 options in here and voila ! :D

Just thought I wanted to share the good news with you, and THANKS to all specially DarthPaul (Hope you're reading this dude! :D) and M33 ! Keep up the sweet work ! :D

gslop
July 19th, 2007, 04:35
Thanks!:thumbup:

Gene
July 19th, 2007, 04:57
That reminds me, has anyone tried to see if Ratchet and Clank SM works using infrastructure online mode with this M33 firmware?

I could never get it working on OE firmware. I know people needed to use DevHook to use R&C SM's infrastructure.

I tried it with the umd in the latest m33-5 patch and still no go. Umd still needs 266mhz and infrastructure still hangs.

I registered on pspx.ru and confirmed the email, but I still have to wait before an admin activates my account. then I'll post and ask about the problem. Hopefully they will be able to fix it. Only known way to play online is through Devhook. Sometimes devhook gives me sort of a fake brick after I shut it down. Whenever I try turning on my psp it just stays black and turns off after 10 seconds, then I would need to go into recovery and exit. Only then will my psp start normally. It's a really tough process to go through just to play online.

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 05:09

Medal of Honor: Heroes doesn't work on Infrastructure Mode either.:o

OMG ! Finally after 4 hours staying up (Now it morning here in Denmark lol! :D), I got it working. Just played Burnout Legends, Luxor and Burnout Dominator and I'm sure the others will work as well. I just had to do the following:

use 3.51 kernel (As we talked about)
Advanced -> Advanced Configuration ->

Disable all 3 options in here and voila ! :D

Just thought I wanted to share the good news with you, and THANKS to all specially DarthPaul (Hope you're reading this dude! :D) and M33 ! Keep up the sweet work ! :D

:eek::D Yay!

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 05:10
must suck. i havent used devhook in like for ever. lol

and what is it like playing online on ratchet and clank. ive never played online before. like what can you do?
ive gotten in infrastructure on medal of honor before. but i didnt play the game after that.. lol

hmm.. we should choose a game to play online like socom for example. make a little team on dcemu :)

ALTIMITHacker
July 19th, 2007, 05:12
Medal of Honor: Heroes doesn't work on Infrastructure Mode either.:o

Sure it does, of course, im using the EUR version. but ya, i updated and tried it out, it works online for sure.

LilSwish722
July 19th, 2007, 05:28
Tested:

With M33 Driver

Traxxpad - Works with No UMD
NFL Street 2 Unleashed - Works with NO UMD
Vice City Stories - Works with NO UMD
Burnout Dominator - Works with NO UMD
BOF 3 - Works with NO UMD

DarthPaul
July 19th, 2007, 05:44
Sure it does, of course, im using the EUR version. but ya, i updated and tried it out, it works online for sure.

Oh yeah it works. I ripped my Iso and it wasn't working,but it works "un-ripped". :thumbup:

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 05:48
wut do u mean "unripped" ? lol

mike_jmg
July 19th, 2007, 05:52
Too much updates

But still, I'm sticking to normal mode, too much hassle.

All my game backups work fine, and my umd in the drive is too big, so i save space on the MS
Tekken DR, Iso - around 1.7 GB
cso - I don't know, i think around 800mb or so

Anyway keep the good work

acid23
July 19th, 2007, 09:18
just updated...
burnout.dominator -tested with m33- worx fine

masamune
July 19th, 2007, 11:31
Ah fart, more piracy support... go out and BUY your games... bish

tvrstl
July 19th, 2007, 12:02
haha, these hackers must be reading Dcemu, and after reading, fullfill our dreams:D

Mr. Shizzy
July 19th, 2007, 12:04

Who said anything about piracy? Whatever... :mad:

Question:

Do you need to install each update consecutively, or can you just install M33, and then directly add the V5 update to it?

masamune
July 19th, 2007, 12:24
Who said anything about piracy? Whatever... :mad:

Oh my bad... just thought that people using iso/cso's they downloaded using a feature called no-umd would in a way be considered piracy. Although they could indeed buy the game and dump it themselves using they're BROKEN umd drive couldn't they...

I didn't mean you or anyone disrespect Mr. Shizzy so please don't me :mad: at me :o

I know not everyone does that... but a whole hell of a lot of people do...

EDIT:
I notice that I used "they're" instead of their... I'm just gonna leave it in so you guys can make fun of me :)

tvrstl
July 19th, 2007, 12:24
wonder if we could get some use from flash2 & 3?

maybe like the anorexic PSP uses much flash space maybe we could get flash3 as ram:p?

I don't know, I'm just one hell of a noob:p

masamune, that's a good weapon in final fantasy:D

Sonicboy 101
July 19th, 2007, 13:50
Wow, that was fast! This is great!

Final Fantasy Anniversary: Works with M33 driver

crypysmoker
July 19th, 2007, 14:20

Oh jesus, your one of those people.
LEt me let you in on a lil secret... usually the first peopel to bitch about it being something for piracy are just trying to cover thier own asses.

I buy every game I have. My UMD drive completely stopped working after I first downgraded from 2.8 to 1.5 then up to 3.03-oe. so, it is kind of hard for me to play an actual disc. I buy a game, "find" it somewhere else, and run it off my mem stick saving battery life and cutting down load times by almost half.

At the same time, I have over 100 Useless UMDs laying around that I cannot use because the UMD drive motor is busted......
So I am very thankful that more of the games I have paid for are compatible now that they wont even spin up in my psp.

yoshinatsu
July 19th, 2007, 14:32
LEt me let you in on a lil secret... usually the first peopel to bitch about it being something for piracy are just trying to cover thier own asses.

I buy every game I have. My UMD drive completely stopped working after I first downgraded from 2.8 to 1.5 then up to 3.03-oe. so, it is kind of hard for me to play an actual disc. I buy a game, "find" it somewhere else, and run it off my mem stick saving battery life and cutting down load times by almost half.

At the same time, I have over 100 Useless UMDs laying around that I cannot use because the UMD drive motor is busted......
So I am very thankful that more of the games I have paid for are compatible now that they wont even spin up in my psp.

GO, GO crypysmoker!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 15:10
I found a compatibility list for 3.51 M33-5 No-umd:

Working

300: March to Glory [USA]
50 Cent: Bulletproof
7 Wonders
After Burner : Black Falcon
Ape Escape On the Loose [USA]
Blade Dancer
Bleach: Heat the Soul 4
Bomberman
Breath of Fire III [EUR]
Bubble Bobble Evolution
Burnout Dominator
Burnout Legends
Bust-a-move Ghost
Chili Con Carnage
Chronicle of Dangeon Maker [JPN]
Crush
Cube
Dead to Rights
DJ MAX Portable [KOR]
DJ MAX Portable 2
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai [USA]
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road [USA]
Driver 76
Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground
Dungeon Siege Throne Of Agony
Field Commander
FIFA 07
Final Fantasy: Anniversary Edition Crush
Final Fantasy II: Anniversary Edition [JPN]
Final Fantasy Tactics Portable [JPN]
Full Auto 2: BattleLines
Go Sudoku
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Guilty Gear XX Slash
GUN: Showdown
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Hayarigami Portable [JPN]
Heatseaker
Hot Brain
Hot Pixel
Hot Wheel: Ultimate Racing
Impossible Mission
Initial D Street Stage [JPN]
Kanon Portable [JPN]
Killzone: Liberation
Kingdom Of Paradise [USA]
Loco Roco [EUR] (Locks up when exiting)
Lord of the Rings: Tactics
Lost Regnum [CN/USA]
Lumines
Luxor
M.A.C.H.
Madden NFL 06
Madden NFL 2007
Maplus Portable Navi [JPN]
Medal of Honor Heroes
Mega Man - Maverick Hunter X
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [EUR]
Metal Slug Anthology
Micro Machines V4
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd [JPN]
Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner [USA]
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pro Evo 5 [EUR]
Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 [USA]
Puzzle Quest [USA]
Rainbow Six Vegas
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Ridge Racer 2
Riviera: The Promised Land
Rocky Balboa
SBK-07: Superbike World Championship '07
Shinseiki Evangelion Portable Tsukurareshi sekai -another cases- [JPN]
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2
Sonic Rivals
Spectral Souls [USA]
Spectral Vs Generation
Star Wars: BattleFront 2
Star Wars: Lethal Alliance [USA]
Street Fighter Alpha Max 3
Sudoku [JPN]
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Tales of Eternia [EUR]
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology [USA]
Tekken Dark Resurrection [USA]
Toca Race Driver 3
Traxxpad
Ultimate Board Game Collection
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Valhalla Knights
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth [USA]
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Tennis 3
Wipeout Pulse
Wipeout Pure
World Series of Poker
Worms: Open Warfare
WRC
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 (Freezes at entrance w/Full Version?)
Xyanide Ressurection
Yu-Gi-Oh GX: Tag force

Not Working (?)

After Burner (Crashes)
Armored Core Formula Front Extreme Battle [USA]
Diner Dash [USA]
Harvest Moon Innocent Life
Lemmings
MLB 07: The Show (Crashes)
Mortal Kombat Unchained (Crashes)
Steel Horizons (Crashes)
Super Fruit Fall (80010002)
Surfs Up (Crashes)
The Bigs Major League Baseball (80010002)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Crashes)
Winning Eleven 9
Winning Eleven 10

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 15:26
DarthPaul: The paypal link probably only works for you, and only in Firefox because of your browser's cookies.
http://www.iffel.de/subway/assets/images/CHOCOLATE_CHIP_COOKIE.jpg :)

mfz64
July 19th, 2007, 17:15
damn....this is like the 5th update this week

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 18:39
how much u wana bet thers going to be another update today. lol

masamune
July 19th, 2007, 19:26

nah I was just trying to stir up some sh!+ before I went to work... As for covering my own ass, No not really I've done my share of piracy. Not really that much on psp games, but I've "sinned" in the past but answer me this question (in all seriousness, not looking for a smart-ass answer). If you have hundreds of psp games that you can't even play (you're obviously not poor)... why don't you just buy a new psp. :confused:

I had two(one for homebrew and one for games) till I bricked one then downgraded the other. But as soon as the new psp comes out I'm gonna buy one for regular use. You might see that as overkill but I think its better that way...

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 19:45
3.51 M33 Release 6!

This New release adds Sony's ISO driver!

Hi guys!

The blocks allows you to use the new NO-UMD : famous np9660 from Sony! ! ! Compatibility ISO has not yet verified, but we hope that Sony is well tried Do not forget to select "Sony NP9660 in Recovery.

Enjoy! :)

Via: M33 Forums (http://pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=478630#post478630)

i cant upload the file because i cant download it because i dont have an account..

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 20:09
Download M33-6 here, xg917: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=477689#post477689

I've been getting a lot of errors connecting to dcemu today. Is it just me?

masamune
July 19th, 2007, 22:44
another one already? damn these guys are really focusing on this cfw... I might need to update from oe to m33 soon :)