PDA

View Full Version : More v3.50 downgrader information

wraggster
July 19th, 2007, 17:34
News from Fanjita (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/more-v3.50-downgrader-information.html)

Just a quick update to clear up some of the questions surrounding the v3.50 Lumines downgrader:

We've got a Korean Lumines UMD now, and are actively working on creating a Korean downgrader. We can't give a release date, but it will be soon.

We won't be creating a v3.51 downgrader, not for a long time. If you upgraded to v3.51 you're either stupid or unlucky. Sorry for that.
You can't run the downgrader from a downloaded copy of Lumines. If you read the documentation, you'd know that. If you didn't read the documentation, just how did you think that would work?
We won't be creating a downgrader for another game, not for a long time. It's just not that easy. If getting hold of Lumines in your country is expensive, blame the profiteering pricks that are hoarding their copies and selling them at inflated prices. When the exploit was first released, you could get Lumines for less than $20 in most places.
It looks like Sony are introducing patched copies of Lumines into the market. We advise you to buy either an old version (i.e. not Greatest Hits, Platinum or The Best), or check very carefully before buying a new copy. If you buy via Amazon, it may be better to buy from the 3rd party sellers, even though they are more expensive.
We are working on the solution to enable you to go back to official firmwares if you need to - this includes helping people stuck on v3.30 or v3.40 v3.10 or v3.11 firmware. It will take some time though, and we're all very busy right now.
We're also still working on eLoader for HEN, and a flash management solution for people with semi-bricked v1.50 PSPs. Those will also still take some time.
The downgrader only works on Lumines, also known as Lumines Puzzle Fusion. It doesn't work for Lumines Plus, or Lumines 2. We've said that before, but for some reason people didn't read it.

Saracchini
July 19th, 2007, 18:13
I checked and the old Greatest Hits version (ULUS-10002GH) works with the exploit.
In my country a Lumines now is costing about 100$ ! And it's hard find a cheaper one... this sucks a lot.

drock82
July 19th, 2007, 18:27
yea the greatest hits version also works as reported in the post about the 3.5 downgrader

Veskgar
July 19th, 2007, 23:47
It is incredibly encouraging to see how much is still in the works from the Noobz team.

A lot of stuff that may or may not be on the table will not come for a long time. That is fine with me. We don't need SONY finding out about any more exploits until a much later date. Let SONY enhance the POPS emulator and other improvements to future firmwares so that we can hopefully see a custom firmware created to utilize the new additions.

I agree that anyone who upgraded to 3.51 was not thinking too good and should not pester Noobz about more downgraders. What they have already done for the scene is phenomenal and should be more than appreciated.

Thanks again Noobz! You'll soon see donations from me for sure.

The_It
July 20th, 2007, 08:06
yeah... if someone finds a new exploit, reveal it after everyone gets the new psp. so we may have a chance of playing all our fun stuff on it really early. :D