PDA

View Full Version : The truth about PSP Lite's battery life

Shrygue
July 19th, 2007, 21:25
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/07/19/the-truth-about-psp-lites-battery-life/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2007/07/batteryl425.jpg

There appears to be some confusion about the PSP Lite's battery life. The system can go up to 8-10 hours ... but only if it's using the battery from the regular PSP. What?

The upcoming PSP Lite will include a smaller battery for the smaller system. The battery that's included with the system will run for about 5 hours while gaming. However, if you have the battery from your original PSP, you'll be able to get 8-10 hours. The problem with this solution? The battery will bulge out of the system. Sony will offer a new backplate for those interested in adding the old battery to the new system.

Does that make things clearer?

-Xandu-
July 19th, 2007, 21:28
Sony will offer a new backplate for those interested in adding the old battery to the new system.
They shouldn't sell that separately, they will anyway, Sony is a money grubbing company.

Accordion
July 19th, 2007, 21:31
the new PSP features a smaller battery with less power than the original. however, the new PSP requires less energy, meaning the new smaller PSP has the SAME battery life as the regular PSP.

there really isnt a problem as the battery life does not decrease in any way. Yet using a larger battery will provide longer play times than normal.

edit:
the reason the different back-plate wont come in the box is exactly the same reason why it wont come packaged with TV-out cables... they are not required by everyone.

brasssmunky
July 19th, 2007, 21:32
this is actualyl good news... if i get a new PSP, i will use its normal battery, unless im liek going on a trip, then i will liek bring both
but its lame that the bastards are probably gonna sell the backplate seperately
i wonder how much it will bulge...

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 21:34
lucky me i have 2 original sony batteries. all i would do is put tape on the back of the back of the psp so the battery doesnt fall out instead of replacing the backplate. lol. yes im cheap but i would do it to get much more battery life

burrito
July 19th, 2007, 21:41
lucky me i have to original sony batteries. all i would do is put tape on the back of the back of the psp so the battery doesnt fall out instead of replacing the backplate. lol. yes im cheap but i would do it to get much more battery life
lol do you tape up your car too?

brasssmunky
July 19th, 2007, 22:00
come to think of it..
if it doesnt bulge too much
i would get one of those higher capacity origional PSP ones....
yay.

Veskgar
July 19th, 2007, 23:30
The battery will bulge out of the system. Sony will offer a new backplate for those interested in adding the old battery to the new system.

Does that make things clearer?

I don't know about making things clearer but it sure makes it sound incredibly lame. The new PSP is being touted as "slim" but yet SONY's solution to battery life is to offer a bulgier backplate?

How about giving us a "STAMINA" battery for the PSP slim? That would be a much better solution. Although I guess the bright side to this is that the current PSP's STAMINA battery should give the PSP slim some incredible longevity.

Safari Al
July 19th, 2007, 23:36
Wow that will change some people's opinions.

emuking
July 19th, 2007, 23:52
i wonder how it would do with a 3600 mah battery hmm, i still think they should of just put 8 gis of flash in there and give it a second stick and there you go a new model in a matte finish in any color of your choice, no fingerprints no hassle (think of when you open a ds lite, nice and clean)

burrito
July 20th, 2007, 00:18
think of when you open a ds lite, nice and clean
The ds lite's finish collects fingerprints. So not too clean.

Cokemusic
July 20th, 2007, 00:28
Meh another reason no to buy the new PSP

jamotto
July 20th, 2007, 02:36
mmm, sounds like the second part to sony's plan to get rid of 1st gen psp's

1.)Make all new accessories incompatible with the old psp. check

2.)Make new psp batteries useless for the old psp. check

3.)Stop making old psp batteries, so in 3 years it will be without batteries as all of them will be dead, waiting on this one.

Just a crazy idea that hit me. ;)

JAKETHESNAKE28
July 20th, 2007, 02:54
ouch!

CaptainMorgan4
July 20th, 2007, 07:06
Wow my battery (check sig) would probably last all day!

Spotfist
July 20th, 2007, 08:17
I assume this is the reason for the extra 32megs of memory? more memory allows for less energy intensive UMD spin up...

Typical fake advertising saying that you get 5-8 hours, "Ooooh but thats with a bigger battery than what it actually has"?!?!?!

Every1, my PSP has infini play time and infini stand by!!! Every1, pay me loads of cash and I will sell u my battery pack! although if you have a power socket you may have already abtained this secret bit of technology?!?!

Veskgar
July 20th, 2007, 08:39
Every1, my PSP has infini play time and infini stand by!!! Every1, pay me loads of cash and I will sell u my battery pack! although if you have a power socket you may have already abtained this secret bit of technology?!?!

Classic Post! :rofl:

I too have a serious problem with this sort of "sucker born every minute" advertising.

If the battery in my Grandmother's pacemaker can last more than 10 years, then I think SONY could give us a very efficient battery if they stopped ripping us off.

I'd easily pay an extra $49.99 for a 10-15 hour extended battery from SONY. I doubt its a matter of the technology not "being there" yet.

This battery scam business is another reason why many choose the DS Lite over the PSP.

ish420ism
July 20th, 2007, 10:15
Hey, everyone that thinks the new design is rip off, at least the old battery fits. Put your 2600mah in and play your psp all day.

mcdougall57
July 20th, 2007, 14:19
suppose its just the same as the old one then but battery life has never been a problem 4 me

Sketchy
July 20th, 2007, 16:31
suppose its just the same as the old one then but battery life has never been a problem 4 me

battery life has only been a problem for me, when playin' GTA: VCS.....I'm sure that game kills my battery in bout 2hrs:(

I'm gonna get the new slim psp so I'll get the Stamina battery.....no i'll get 2......one for the chunky psp and the other for slim.....yea i'll do that :D

brasssmunky
July 21st, 2007, 05:46
genious time....
what if.. you got a mega battery for the slim, like with a full 1800 or 2000 mah rating....
and put it into an old fatty PSP
room for mods i believe.

centralpark713
July 23rd, 2007, 09:21
f*** it more hours of gameplay is better wat if it bulges out ikc

HumanIce
July 23rd, 2007, 15:11
hmm... who cares? I don't, I have an original black PSP with custom firmwares.. a DS lite black.. oho.. I couldn't be any happier with my portable systems, but I'm still gonna get me an PSP slim&lite, I hope it will be emulatable like the other one..

comicgeek
July 23rd, 2007, 15:30
OH COME ON!!!!!!!

SONY what up with all the marketing BS? You should just say "we are releasing a PSP lite so expect a lighter battery with corresponding lower power rating". Why do you always f*ck your customers JAP!!!!! sh*ts!!!!! huh? Why do you go on saying "the psp lite does some effecient power consumption so a lower rating battery can last up to 8-10 hours. BS BS BS! with optimal use wifi, brightest setting full volume sound, UMD game I don't think your battery can last up to more than 2 hours tops. Shitty marketing schemes. What do you think of us customers? STUPID? F*ck u!